To all the halndheld turners - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Re: To all the halndheld turners

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post

Sadly that's true its a shame they was so weak back then.
yep... that's why I bought stage 3 split port heads, lol... doing a split port conversion and a 4.3l stroker. Hopefully finished and dyno tuned by the middle of summer... then we'll see how slow it is... I mean how fast it is, lol. Anything is an improvement over the single port with the 2.73 gears from factory...
*72 C10, 350, Auto, (my Daily Driver)
bmabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Wat mods do u have rob
Fourloko530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

I have- CAI w/K&N filter, Underdrive Pulleys, 56mm TB, Lower Intake Spacer, Screamin Demon Coil, Granatelli wires, Autolite copper plugs, Powerstop Rotors, Calipers, Pads, 2-Row Radiator, Ceramic MAC Longtube Headers, Stainless Works Cats, Stainless Steel ProChamber, Flowmaster 10's, FRPP 3.73 gears, MGW Short Throw Shifter, SPEC clutch kit & Flywheel. FRPP "B" Springs, KYB Struts/Shocks, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, Steeda X-2 Balljoints, Maximum Motorsports Bumpsteer Kit, BUNCH Of Other Stuff, Dyno Tuned By Excessive Motorsport, X-CAL SCT Handheld.
Probably lots other performance parts & pieces I can't think of. Today I'm enjoying some of the newer toys like the Corbeau XRS seat, MGW shifter, and the new exhaust system- Lots Of Fun. The Perfect American Hobby.
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033 View Post
The Perfect American Hobby.
Amen to that
Old 04-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033
I have- CAI w/K&N filter, Underdrive Pulleys, 56mm TB, Lower Intake Spacer, Screamin Demon Coil, Granatelli wires, Autolite copper plugs, Powerstop Rotors, Calipers, Pads, 2-Row Radiator, Ceramic MAC Longtube Headers, Stainless Works Cats, Stainless Steel ProChamber, Flowmaster 10's, FRPP 3.73 gears, MGW Short Throw Shifter, SPEC clutch kit & Flywheel. FRPP "B" Springs, KYB Struts/Shocks, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, Steeda X-2 Balljoints, Maximum Motorsports Bumpsteer Kit, BUNCH Of Other Stuff, Dyno Tuned By Excessive Motorsport, X-CAL SCT Handheld.
Probably lots other performance parts & pieces I can't think of. Today I'm enjoying some of the newer toys like the Corbeau XRS seat, MGW shifter, and the new exhaust system- Lots Of Fun. The Perfect American Hobby.
Preach on brother Robb!!!!!
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Did u feel the diff with the throttle body and spacer
Old 04-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmabbott

yep... that's why I bought stage 3 split port heads, lol... doing a split port conversion and a 4.3l stroker. Hopefully finished and dyno tuned by the middle of summer... then we'll see how slow it is... I mean how fast it is, lol. Anything is an improvement over the single port with the 2.73 gears from factory...
Yeah it will help! I alway wondered why my 4.2 v6 f150 stx beat my friends 97 v6 stang. I whipped it off the line, of course he was way faster at top end. My truck was quick but had no *** lol top of 100mph. But my friends 03 mustang would run laps around me. Now I'm throwin dirt in his face with a 4 year olde stang

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourloko530 View Post
Did u feel the diff with the throttle body and spacer
Yes. The lower intake spacer gave me immediate low end power. I was very pleased.
The throttle body seemed to change the way initial acceleration reacted but not anything at all worth paying full price for without ported intakes. I also had the car dyno tuned a few weeks later. A good find for 25 bucks I paid.
-I also added a Maximum Motorsports strut tower brace that stiffened up an old, old chassis that never had one installed so that was noticeable when driving over uneven terrain.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:08 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

How much are intake spacers? And how hard to put in?

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 04-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Sucky part I got a cold air intake will it fit
Old 04-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How much are intake spacers? And how hard to put in?
"Sucky part I got a cold air intake will it fit"
-The VAP lower intake spacer is $99.00 and easy to put in. Steve is the owner. If you purchase one, e-mail me in regards to the EGR extension part of install. I would be happy to help.
-The CAI is not effected with the intake spacer, didn't effect me. Only effects strut tower braces because the upper intake and the CAI is raised 1/2"-3/4".
Old 04-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I have the reg cai from am I have a 98

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Hey rob is there any way u can send pics of ur engine see see how the intake spacer looks my num is 5303615339
Old 04-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, I can do that. I'm at work right now for 12 hr shift so give me a few and i'll show you what da dilly yo!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I got a question if you get the 93 race tune what happens when you put 92 octane gas in? All I see around here is 92.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 04-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Just have them write the tune for 92.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

OK Robb... got some questions for ya... Listening to all of this really makes me want to re-assemble my car with the single port setup just so I can start driving it again...

I had a machine shop P&P my heads, so it'll be ok... new cam and rocker arms will give me more than enough power for the way I drive...

Are TB spacers for the 94-98 designed to fit the stock throttle body size? because I have the BBK 56mm and the upper intake was ported to match... I am debating getting one now, because with a good tune they can change your exhaust tone a bit... but it would seem restrictive if it is designed to fit the 54mm stock TB. How's the fit? Thanks man
Old 04-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got a question if you get the 93 race tune what happens when you put 92 octane gas in? All I see around here is 92.
You will experience pre-ignition or knocking, pinging. It's important to find the 93 octane or have them adjust the timing or tune file. The ethanol that's in our gas around here is 10% mandatory and ethanol gives false, exaggerated octane readings for your ECU causing a true lean mixture co
ndition.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, "Fast" was not the right word. Faster for sure. It's a hell of alot quicker than day 1. The dyno tunes were created by the best & the gears have helped alot too. I put alot of work into it keeping it as healthy as possible for a daily driver. Lots 'O cash.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033 View Post
Yeah, "Fast" was not the right word. Faster for sure. It's a hell of alot quicker than day 1. The dyno tunes were created by the best & the gears have helped alot too. I put alot of work into it keeping it as healthy as possible for a daily driver. Lots 'O cash.
Yeah, the Tlock/gears, exhaust and a tune go a long way with these cars! I also ave a lot of suspension mods as well as some big-ole' tires on the back... so off the line this car doesn't do too bad!... it's the top end that dogs... but I still love this car! I am trying to meet a goal of making this 6er run with the big boys! I just haven't put enough time into it recently since I spend most of my time working on another vehicle... but this summer the 6er is gonna be coming back.

But back to my earlier question. how's the TB spacer fit with the BBK TB? is the spacer 54mm like the stock TB? also, does anyone even sell intake spacers for these engines anymore?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Aires intake spacer
Old 04-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmabbott View Post
OK Robb... got some questions for ya... Listening to all of this really makes me want to re-assemble my car with the single port setup just so I can start driving it again...

I had a machine shop P&P my heads, so it'll be ok... new cam and rocker arms will give me more than enough power for the way I drive...

Are TB spacers for the 94-98 designed to fit the stock throttle body size? because I have the BBK 56mm and the upper intake was ported to match... I am debating getting one now, because with a good tune they can change your exhaust tone a bit... but it would seem restrictive if it is designed to fit the 54mm stock TB. How's the fit? Thanks man
I'm sorry, I missed something in your post. The intake spacer goes underneath your upper inatake manifold. It's a small part of disassembling your engine but not that bad. It is NOT a throttle body spacer. This spacer is sandwiched in the motor to extend the intake runners.

See that greenish spacer under the intake manifold there? That is the VAP spacer. Go to VAP website and you will see them.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Yeah, the Tlock/gears, exhaust and a tune go a long way with these cars! I also ave a lot of suspension mods as well as some big-ole' tires on the back... so off the line this car doesn't do too bad!... it's the top end that dogs... but I still love this car! I am trying to meet a goal of making this 6er run with the big boys! I just haven't put enough time into it recently since I spend most of my time working on another vehicle... but this summer the 6er is gonna be coming back.

But back to my earlier question. how's the TB spacer fit with the BBK TB? is the spacer 54mm like the stock TB? also, does anyone even sell intake spacers for these engines anymore?
You will see in picture above that I do have a TB spacer. Does it work for performance? I do not know. It does reject some heat between the CAI
and the TB. It is debated all the time if it does anything at all on a fuel injected motor. I really do not know. All I do know is with the bolt ons I have, I reached more HP than anyone anywhere comparing apples to apples and dyno sheets.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote:

Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Whats the vap spacer do
Old 04-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Whats the vap spacer do
In the same thinking as the 99-04 V6 split-port, it lengthens the runners (on a single port)providing more air to the combustion process. VAP's website explains it well. It was by far, by a long shot the best bang for the buck for true increased power, low end torque. If I had a second car with a single port, it is a "must have".-My opinion & experience anyway. They are great.
Also, for more information, call the best Mustang shop in your area. They can explain better. They definately produce power except for on the Cobras, from what I hear anyway-
Old 04-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Now is that california smog legal
Old 04-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Robb... I was looking for an intake space before... I ported my intakes, and wanted to add that little extra space between them. Now that my heads are ported as well, and I'm gonna run some 24# injectors, any little extra air flow will help!

I'll be sure to get the VAP spacer with an Airaid TB spacer before I go get it dyno tuned! I'll let you know #s after that!

Thanks for all your help.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks Robb... I was looking for an intake space before... I ported my intakes, and wanted to add that little extra space between them. Now that my heads are ported as well, and I'm gonna run some 24# injectors, any little extra air flow will help!

I'll be sure to get the VAP spacer with an Airaid TB spacer before I go get it dyno tuned! I'll let you know #s after that!

Thanks for all your help.
If That's the case, then you should have a 56mm throttle body and stay away from a TB spacer because the TB spacer is stock TB intake size, smaller than 56mm for sure. Long tube headers, FRPP gears and you will be kicking some V6 ***!! don't forget the most important~ Dyno Tunes!!

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Now is that california smog legal
It is absolutely Ca. smog/emissions legal.
Exhaust cat location/type, egr, pcv system, things like that they are looking for. This spacer is good and safe. no tunes needed, no CPU adjustments, nothing except increased low end torque.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=robb15033;1123540] Long tube headers, FRPP gears and you will be kicking some V6 ***!! [COLOR="Silver"]

yeah... kinda already have those, lol

currently: Pacesetter LT headers, O/R hpipe, American Thunder catback, Custom CAI, BBK TB, BBK UDPs, Ported intakes, P&P heads, 19# injectors, E3 plugs w/ MSD wires, FRPP LSD, 3.73 gears, Eibach pro springs, BBK Lower control arms, GT rear sway bar, QA1 Kmember brace, UPR short throw Shifter, GForce KDW 2 295 tires on rear... and lots of visual mods

This summer: C&L CAI w/ 73 mm MAF, 24# injectors, subframe connectors, 4.3 stroker kit w/ 10:1 compression pistons, 218/224 cam, finishing with a Dyno tune in Louisville, KY!

(now I'm also thinking about the VAP intake spacer and a mac prochamber, thanks to you... lol... as if I need more mods added to the list...)

After that... I'm thinking the car will probably out-run my Chevelle!
Old 04-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Blankenship performance for the tune. He does awesome work
Old 04-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95v686gt View Post
Blankenship performance for the tune. He does awesome work
A good friend of mine is having his 94 Cobra tuned there this tuesday, since he just put a turbo kit on it... so we'll see how his experience is there. They have a good rep for being one of the best tuners in the midwest, so we'll see.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Lee is awesome at what he does.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Where can I find alignment pegs for the spacer
Old 04-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Where can I find alignment pegs for the spacer
Alignment pegs? I don't know. An extra set of hands help when aligning the gasket & they provide longer bolts for the intake manifold. The most crucial part of the entire installation is extending the EGR tube. The directions that come with it says to cut the EGR tube and slip on the silicone hose provided. If cutting the egr tube is avoidable, that would be best. My hose melted fairly quickly. Now I have the EGR deleted and had my tuner files adjusted for it. There are EGR extenders you can get & thread it on the manifold or the upper intake manifold.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

I like this guys throttle body94-98)
High Performance Ported V6 3.8 Ford Mustang Throttle Body Air Intake 94-98 | eBay
I like this price though (01-04):
Mustang BBK 65mm Throttle Body (01-04 V6) | eBay
Old 04-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Let me ask u something rob with wat u got have u raced any modded hondas,or acura gsrs and win
Old 04-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

No, that's a funny question though. I only mess around with other Mustangs and never pull ahead in the end. I have never encountered a V6 that wanted to race or take off down the highway. I'm confident that my car will keep up or blast away another 3.8 Stang. And lastly, I do not endorse street racing of any kind
I did get to put the car to the test the last two days like alot of the US with this crazy *** weather. My car brakes fantastic, handle down the road great with all the water about. They are repaving route 7 here in Va. and the roads are a bit uneven. The car moved quickly straight down the highway. The Power Stop brake package I put on really has worked great for last 3 years. Cheaper set but great product on e-bay.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang