Lower my 01 V6? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #1

Region: Pennsylvania
Lower my 01 V6?

Ok, I know there are other threads about this however I'm pretty new at this and don't really know much about cars. What I definitely know is that I hate the stock 4x4 look and really want to lower my stang. Wht i need to know that i cant really grasp from the other threads I've seen is: What are the best springs to by for the money and what else do I need to get a 1.5 to 1.75 drop with the best performance? CC plates and whatnot. Thanks in advance
01silverstalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
from what ive read thats pretty much what you'll need. the brand of springs u want and some cc plates. im gonna buy the Dropzone springs on ebay theyre like 105 bucks. then buy the cc plates. i guess if u got the cash to spend all at once i could also get adjustable shocks/struts and lowering control arms

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #3

Re: Lower my 01 V6?

How far do the dropzone springs drop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

an average of 2" all around. i orginally wanted the drop that u wanted but i think a 2" drop all around looks sick to go with my staggered 17's. how big r ur wheels?

Low2v
Old 03-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #5

I've got 16's.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

then a 2" drop would look mean on ur ride as well. thats just my opinion

Low2v
Old 03-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #7

Ok cool. And would I be able to get away with just camber bolts or am I better off shelling out the cash for the plates
Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
U need cc plates, shocks and struts made for lowered mustangs. Don't get cheap springs. Get good reputable ones and do it right the first time.. U don't need to change ur control arms or A-arms
02NightmareGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01silverstalion
Ok cool. And would I be able to get away with just camber bolts or am I better off shelling out the cash for the plates
yeah id go for the plates

Low2v
Old 03-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
from what ive read thats pretty much what you'll need. the brand of springs u want and some cc plates. im gonna buy the Dropzone springs on ebay theyre like 105 bucks. then buy the cc plates. i guess if u got the cash to spend all at once i could also get adjustable shocks/struts and lowering control arms
Horseplay, I wouldn't get those springs if I was u
Old 03-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02NightmareGT
U need cc plates, shocks and struts made for lowered mustangs. Don't get cheap springs. Get good reputable ones and do it right the first time.. U don't need to change ur control arms or A-arms
what springs do u got?

Low2v
Old 03-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay

what springs do u got?
I got eibach I like them
Blackedout03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I've got H&R SS. They're a reputable company and got great reviews. There's plenty of different brands of springs that are good. H&R, BBK, Eibach, etc.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

I just wouldn't get the cheap ones on eBay just to save a buck. U get what u pay for
Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02NightmareGT
I've got H&R SS. They're a reputable company and got great reviews. There's plenty of different brands of springs that are good. H&R, BBK, Eibach, etc.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

I just wouldn't get the cheap ones on eBay just to save a buck. U get what u pay for
oh ok nice!! ive heard from others that have dropzone springs say they were good springs. but yea ur right u get wat u pay for

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout03

I got eibach I like them
how much dropped are u

Low2v
Old 03-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Lower my 01 V6?

Sometimes the inexpensive springs sag after time...though Eibachs, a popular, well known brand have been known to sag as well, so...

I have the H&R Super Sports as well...I love them, the performance and looks are amazing.

For verts H&R claims 2" in the front and they tend to be pretty accurate so you'll probably see a 2" drop in the front, which looks sick.

CC plates are recommended as it's much easier to adjust camber etc.

If you can swing new shocks/struts do it...the stock setup won't last too long with the more aggressive springs...I have Tokico HP's, great upgrade from stock that aren't crazy expensive...they match up pretty well with the Super Sports.

I'd also consider a bumpsteer kit, X2 ball joints, and possibly new bushings depending on the car's mileage.

To do the drop "right" you should buy all of these things and install them at the same time...then get an alignment afterwards. While the other components - bumpsteer kit, ball joints etc. seem unecessary, they will help get your suspension geometry back into spec and prevent uneven tire wear and bumpsteer.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
Sometimes the inexpensive springs sag after time...though Eibachs, a popular, well known brand have been known to sag as well, so...

I have the H&R Super Sports as well...I love them, the performance and looks are amazing.

For verts H&R claims 2" in the front and they tend to be pretty accurate so you'll probably see a 2" drop in the front, which looks sick.

CC plates are recommended as it's much easier to adjust camber etc.

If you can swing new shocks/struts do it...the stock setup won't last too long with the more aggressive springs...I have Tokico HP's, great upgrade from stock that aren't crazy expensive...they match up pretty well with the Super Sports.

I'd also consider a bumpsteer kit, X2 ball joints, and possibly new bushings depending on the car's mileage.

To do the drop "right" you should buy all of these things and install them at the same time...then get an alignment afterwards. While the other components - bumpsteer kit, ball joints etc. seem unecessary, they will help get your suspension geometry back into spec and prevent uneven tire wear and bumpsteer.
Ok cool. Thanks a lot!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang