Intake chockes rough idle - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Intake chockes rough idle

Very once and a while very rare, my car I start it up and it starts, but starts shaking and rough idle Rpms drop but it goes to normal.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

It happens like rarely. Maybe bad fuel? Trash in the tank? Can't be gunk in manifold mine is clean I took it apart, really clean. I don't understand.
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Mine did that once.. It was the pcv hose. There was a leak. Is ur cel on?
02NightmareGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: Intake chockes rough idle

You mean you took the whole upper intake off ? If so did you change every single gasket you removed and make sure that there mounting surface was clean and did you make sure you torx'd the bolts to spec and in the proper order ? If not then you most likely have a small vac. leak. If you did all those things then prob. a dirty i.a.c, m.a.f or just a lazy fuel pump.
l2plagears is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02NightmareGT
Mine did that once.. It was the pcv hose. There was a leak. Is ur cel on?
No check engine light at all. Car runs healthy it happens rarely

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2plagears
You mean you took the whole upper intake off ? If so did you change every single gasket you removed and make sure that there mounting surface was clean and did you make sure you torx'd the bolts to spec and in the proper order ? If not then you most likely have a small vac. leak. If you did all those things then prob. a dirty i.a.c, m.a.f or just a lazy fuel pump.
Oh yeah did all that. The haynes book shows you how.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2plagears
Changed iac. Will clean maf sensor they have a certain cleaner I use. And never changed fuel pump.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

I took the upper intake off to change my heater core hoses.
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: Intake chockes rough idle

Ok cool so yea man pull of your i.a.c and spray the crap out of it with some carb/choke cleaner and some shop rags (you'll need a gasket) and pull of the m.a.f and spray some m.a.f cleaner at it cheap and easy to try and just good maintenance also give your k&n a recharge while you're in there

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

never mind i.a.c thing then

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

When was the last time you changed the fuel filter?
l2plagears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Ill have to look into my pcv filter and hose, was suspecting It. I've cleaned my maf and iac. Newer fuel pump,filter,tank. New radiator,hoses,water pump, thermostat. First start up idle spikes for second, then idle bounces up and dowm low. Go to drive shift to second push accelerator..goes nowhere feels like going to stall or wrong gear, if not careful will catch and launch. Then while driving down road sometimes feels like powers down and not getting fuel or something
90fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang