Car is 5 days overdue from body shop... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Dakota
Car is 5 days overdue from body shop...

I have to preface this by saying that my buddy (Milbank Collision is a one man shop) is doing a LOT of work for free... he is fixing minor hail damage on the roof and rear quarters, a "key" scratch, two rust bubbles on the roof, and painting the entire top portion above the body line of my car a different color.............. all this for the money the insurance company gave me to fix the front end. This being the case, he has pushed my car off to the side a few times to take care of "real paying customers"

(The local 5-star Dodge dealer 'Gesswein Motors' doesn't have a body shop anymore. They take ALL of their work to him... he stays very busy).

I really don't mind at all since he gave me a loaner to drive while he has my car.

So anyway...
I was supposed to get my mustang back on Friday which obviously didn't happen... On Saturday I drove over (50 miles away) and helped him "try" to align the fenders and hood... it appears that my car was really messed up once before and the shop that fixed it did a REALLY quick and cheap job making parts fit. SO NOW he has to tweak a few things here and there, because the genuine Ford fenders and hood don't fit quite right. This is turning into a lot more work than either of us had expected.

So anyway... he told me "We'll shoot for next Wednesday". Ok, that's later today (it's 4:00 a.m now... I work nights).

I bet my girlfriend $100 that it still isn't done yet... I figure Friday. Maybe. LOL!

On an unrelated side note: He was REALLY VERY IMPRESSED with the replacement front GT bumper cover I bought from AmericanMuscle.com. He said that it is one of the better quality bumper covers he has encountered in his 25 years as a body shop owner. It is THICK and also it needed almost NO prep compared to almost everything else he works with.

My cocktail glass is in dire need of a refill... I'll shut up now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Car is 5 days overdue from body shop...

since he is doing you a favor you just have to live with it.... 1 week late isnt bad at all. I read a thread the other day of a guy that dropped his car off to be built and they have had it over 18 months and no end is in sight
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
since he is doing you a favor you just have to live with it.... 1 week late isnt bad at all. I read a thread the other day of a guy that dropped his car off to be built and they have had it over 18 months and no end is in sight
+1 you said u helped him and things didn't go so smooth, so give it time , and if u got the chance to make money u gotta take that every time
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Sounds like your pretty understanding and sounds like youre getting good work so its worth the wait. Just keep your glass full till its done! And then, you know, wait a couple hours before you go anywhere...lol.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang