Fix it tickets help. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Fix it tickets help.

So I got pulled over a couple days ago n the cop gave me some fix it tickets. I knw it takes like a month for them to come in and I'm in the process of selling my car. Do I have to get it fixed before I sell it
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
So I got pulled over a couple days ago n the cop gave me some fix it tickets. I knw it takes like a month for them to come in and I'm in the process of selling my car. Do I have to get it fixed before I sell it
You better fix it while you are selling your car. Anyway, What the cop wants you to fix it?
Siendly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
Pete Jones
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Just fix them then take the car to the police station and tell them u got some fix it tickets and u fixed them so they can look at it. I had an a-hole cop who had a hard on for me with my jacked up splash ranger. Gave me a fix it ticket because my license plate lights were out. Put new bulbs in took it to the station and the chief or someone came out, looked and said ok and that was it. I was like seriously? At least that's what happened to me and what I did. But yes I would fix them just be to on the safe side.

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siendly22

You better fix it while you are selling your car. Anyway, What the cop wants you to fix it?
Ok will do got a couple of ppl coming to chek out the car this week so I'll see if i sell it anytime soon. Lol he must of had a bad day but he got me for tinted tailights, rear license plate cover, tinted side windows, tinted headlights, n no front license plate he was being a jackass the whole time too. He was like just because ure a teenager doesnt mean you can do whatever u want and get away with it
Old 04-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Ok will do got a couple of ppl coming to chek out the car this week so I'll see if i sell it anytime soon. Lol he must of had a bad day but he got me for tinted tailights, rear license plate cover, tinted side windows, tinted headlights, n no front license plate he was being a jackass the whole time too. He was like just because ure a teenager doesnt mean you can do whatever u want and get away with it
How are you gonna fix tinted windows? I would look up your state laws. My brother in law is going through police academy right now and he said tint and smoked is allowed as long as they can see what's on your tags and your lights(mainly tail lights) can be seen when lit. The cop that got you probably just needed his 5th contact of the day that they're required to have.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaYanks4Ev

How are you gonna fix tinted windows? I would look up your state laws. My brother in law is going through police academy right now and he said tint and smoked is allowed as long as they can see what's on your tags and your lights(mainly tail lights) can be seen when lit. The cop that got you probably just needed his 5th contact of the day that they're required to have.
Well the lights I can swap em on and off after I take it to the police station. The licens plates I can out em on. As for the side windows I have to peel the tiny off
Old 04-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Fix it tickets help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Well the lights I can swap em on and off after I take it to the police station. The licens plates I can out em on. As for the side windows I have to peel the tiny off
I wouldn't do it. Tint is allowed. Even the lights I wouldn't. I got pulled over for a license plate tinted cover and he said my tail light covers weren't allowed and I needed to replace the stickers with velcro so they come off at night. He was tugging and pulling on them I was like really dude? He said my Mustang lettered 3rd brake light isn't allowed either. He was a joke.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I wouldn't do it. Tint is allowed. Even the lights I wouldn't. I got pulled over for a license plate tinted cover and he said my tail light covers weren't allowed and I needed to replace the stickers with velcro so they come off at night. He was tugging and pulling on them I was like really dude? He said my Mustang lettered 3rd brake light isn't allowed either. He was a joke.
There's no way to fight tht dude. My side window tint is 5 percent which is the darkest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3011089989.jpg
Views:	3434
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	46264
Old 04-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Fix it tickets help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
There's no way to fight tht dude. My side window tint is 5 percent which is the darkest.

Attachment 46264
Always drive with your windows down lol.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Always drive with your windows down lol.
Haha I try to but dam cold in the mornings n it's been raining lately

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang