Just ordered an SCT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
For the two minutes you spend updating a tune and then this thing sits on a shelf I don't see any reason to spend the extra money on iphone version besides the cool factor. If you have that much extra money why not buy the normal one and then get other stuff for your stang.

work in progress...
2002 v6, Dual Flowmasters, SCT SF3/X3 Tuner, AM CAI....
next up lowering, gears...
shaqfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Haha, never underestimate the power of the cool factor
Hutchstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmidas87
Yeah I'm definitely gonna invest in one. I have my eye on the tuner that goes on your iPad/iPhone! That is sick money! that just makes it even more convenient. Plus that unlimited free tunes for life, like just_john said is worth a hundred times that. I think it would be a very valuable item even if your car is stock. You can always do and EGR and PCV delete tune when you get it and then plug those off. I bet it would help a little.
Didn't know they had one for the phone. I've had nothing but trouble with my sct. I have to get someone to download email tune to sct, and no one wants to explain what ther doing. The frustration has me wishing I never put the first mod on it. The car was better b 4 I put $2500 in it. I'm not blaming SCT , just my lack of computer skills. That money in my 83 fox woulda prob put me in the 10s .
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
For me it makes it easier cuz I do everything from my phone. I do email, music, check line times at Disneyland, order pizza and now I can tune my car with it! I don't see why it's not a sweet idea! Plus for a high end tuner you will be paying that much anyway. The tuner with its own screen is like 800, so to me 400 makes sense cuz I'm supplying my own screen. Also I won't have to plug anything into a computer. They email me the tune, well I have email on my phone so I can upload my tune on the road! It just seems way more convenient.
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmidas87
For me it makes it easier cuz I do everything from my phone. I do email, music, check line times at Disneyland, order pizza and now I can tune my car with it! I don't see why it's not a sweet idea! Plus for a high end tuner you will be paying that much anyway. The tuner with its own screen is like 800, so to me 400 makes sense cuz I'm supplying my own screen. Also I won't have to plug anything into a computer. They email me the tune, well I have email on my phone so I can upload my tune on the road! It just seems way more convenient.
Wish I'd have know before I spent the $379.99 on the x3. I can operate a phone, lost on a computer.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang