'97 passenger seat belt locked solid - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #1

Region: Canada
'97 passenger seat belt locked solid

Hey guys, the front passenger side seat belt in my 1997 v6 auto has locked solid. It seems like the retractor part has broke but im not sure how to get the panels off inside to get a look at it. If anyone could give me a step by step on how to get the panels off, that would be great. Thanks a lot!
Mills14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills14
Hey guys, the front passenger side seat belt in my 1997 v6 auto has locked solid. It seems like the retractor part has broke but im not sure how to get the panels off inside to get a look at it. If anyone could give me a step by step on how to get the panels off, that would be great. Thanks a lot!
Good luck! I did it on my 98! Pulled both sides out, took the bolts off to get the seat belt out then realized I couldn't fix them haha. It's a pain in the butt! Especially having to go to the junkyard to pull replacements off and tear apart that interior too! I don't remember how to do it, been in a bad accident since and lost a lot of memory. But there are guides on google on how to get to them. You really get to
know your interior. Hope you can get them fixed!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Hey man I have the same problem in my 03 3.8 and took apart the paneling. Start at the back seat and work your way up to the very top torwards the coat hanger. I am actually replacing the seat belt the first weekend of may so Ill do a write up then. But to get the paneling off your going to need a couple of screw drivers (flat and phillips), something to take off those cheap *** pins, a socket wrench set, and a t45 torx bit (to take off the mounting brackets). I will send you a detailed instruction in a pm of how to take the paneling off once I get home because I am at work lol!

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

So once you get the paneling off you should be able to slowly push the belt back down so it unlocks but it won't fix the problem due to the cheap as retractor. It will not retract but if it does it will be very very slow.
stangiusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #4

Region: Canada
Alright, thanks bud
Mills14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang