EGR valve.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
EGR valve..

Well mines bad its throwing a 402 code .. is a egr valve delete do anything performance wise or will it actually hurt the engine..??
mustangg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #2

Region: Mississippi
Re: EGR valve..

when i took mine in for some head work at a race shop, they took mine off. They said it wouldnt effect performance, but maybe fuel mileage. I honestly didnt notice a difference.
southernstang98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
That's what I heard as well. Couple weeks ago I started this same thread. It seems you can rip it all off and cap the fittings but your check engine light will stay on. If you have a BAMA tuner then then can send you a tune that will eliminate the EGR on your computer.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

So it won't throw any codes
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #4

Region: Mississippi
Re: EGR valve..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmidas87 View Post
That's what I heard as well. Couple weeks ago I started this same thread. It seems you can rip it all off and cap the fittings but your check engine light will stay on. If you have a BAMA tuner then then can send you a tune that will eliminate the EGR on your computer.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

So it won't throw any codes

Wow, I didnt know they could do that....im glad you said that cuz im about to put headers on my cobra, and i dont want to fight with the egr tube.
southernstang98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah neither do I. The whole thing is lame
Old 04-15-2012, 01:53 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
So question if you delete the egr and get rid of it in a tune can you still pass inspection... Where I live in NY they hook 95 and up to a computer and from what I've heard you have to run your stock tune when you do or it will fail? Have I heard wrong? Cause I would love to delete my air pump and egr mostly air pump cause I want a windstar intake
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

If they just plug into your exhaust and you still have your cats then you might be fine. In Cali they stick a prob up your tail pipe and meter the exhaust so if you still have your cats I bet you'd be fine. Also if your car runs right and has routine maintenance then your motor should be runnin clean enough anyway.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmidas87
If they just plug into your exhaust and you still have your cats then you might be fine. In Cali they stick a prob up your tail pipe and meter the exhaust so if you still have your cats I bet you'd be fine. Also if your car runs right and has routine maintenance then your motor should be runnin clean enough anyway.
I could never live in California. Or any place with emissions at that. I'd have to rip out some environmental freaks throat. Our cars doesn't destroy the environment. Those environmental freaks use planes to for across country to make speeches- their plane are putting out way more emissions that we ever could. Or a volcano can erupt and put much more harmful vapors. Screw Emissions.
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I watched a thing on the test this morning on muscle car .. they said the best way to pass the emission test to keep your engine and your cats warm so the burn clean
mustangg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

They do nothing with the tailpipe in NY they hook up to your obd2 Port and do the emissions that way that is why I'm asking if I tune my car to delete say my secondary air system will it recognize that I've tuned my car and fail me when I get it inspected?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:21 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone1 have any ideas about this??^^
Old 04-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmm I'll ask around. I assume that if you ask them to do a stock tune with the EGR delete that might work. I'll ask my mechanic buddy, he will know for sure
Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, i am in ny too. I just called my buddy and he works for a huge dealership that is strict about everything, inspections included. He says that they have to plug in to the obd2 and check codes. No codes= pass that part. As far as cats, he has to lift the car and visually inspect that the cats are there, that's it. But that's a strict place. A lot of shops won't even lift or look for cats as long as all else passes. I suppose you could gut your cats and cram a pipe through there, so it looks like they are there. That sounds like more of a pain in the nuts than making a friend.
Hutchstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I just needed to know if I could run a deleted version of the stock tune and still pass the obd because when I got my car inspected I had to trick my car onto only completing certain monitors because my secondary air is messed up. I reset the computer and completed all monitors except the secondary air and evaporate and luckily enough my year can have two monitors not complete And still pass. As far as cats go when I get mine inspected they don't even remove the tires and check the brakes lol. I just wanted to be sure because I've heard alot of people say you have to return it to stock tune before you get it inspected or it won't pass
Old 04-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

From what I understand that isn't true. My tuner came in today, loading tunes now. I'll mess with it and go try to get an inspection this week, see what it says. Stickers good til June so nothing to lose but $20 lol
Old 04-18-2012, 03:16 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Cool yeah that would be good for all of us that have emissions to know. Even tho I have connections at a shop that pretty much just gets my vin, plate, and mileage then prints it out.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I'm meeting with my buddy Friday to see which im monitors are flipping, and see if it would pass. I'll let you know

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang