Fog lights - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
94sccoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 240
Fog lights

I have a 94v6 and im wanting to install some aft.market foglights n the front bumper. Theres cut outs for em , but will they bolt on and is there connection for them to plug nto.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120415_171836.png
Views:	134
Size:	467.7 KB
ID:	47209
94sccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
94sccoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 240
Also if anybody has some pics of there car with these foglamps , it would b a big help n deciding what kind ,and where u bought them
94sccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Fog lights

First, nice avatar pic

Are you thinking of getting OEM style fogs that the GT's have? They are probably the easiest as they sit right in the cutout sections on the bumper and the bolt/tab locations are already there. I also think they look the best...much more clean looking than some autozone square lights sitting out of place.

Also I believe the 94-96's came pre wired for fogs from the factory. So you might want to check that out and see if yours is.

You can pick up a set of OEM style fogs lights with brackets for a decent price. There are different styles too - smoked, dark smoked, clear, yellow etc.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
94sccoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
First, nice avatar pic

Are you thinking of getting OEM style fogs that the GT's have? They are probably the easiest as they sit right in the cutout sections on the bumper and the bolt/tab locations are already there. I also think they look the best...much more clean looking than some autozone square lights sitting out of place.

Also I believe the 94-96's came pre wired for fogs from the factory. So you might want to check that out and see if yours is.

You can pick up a set of OEM style fogs lights with brackets for a decent price. There are different styles too - smoked, dark smoked, clear, yellow etc.
Yeah oem is what i want. But smoked . Lol no autozone for me
94sccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
First, nice avatar pic

Are you thinking of getting OEM style fogs that the GT's have? They are probably the easiest as they sit right in the cutout sections on the bumper and the bolt/tab locations are already there. I also think they look the best...much more clean looking than some autozone square lights sitting out of place.

Also I believe the 94-96's came pre wired for fogs from the factory. So you might want to check that out and see if yours is.

You can pick up a set of OEM style fogs lights with brackets for a decent price. There are different styles too - smoked, dark smoked, clear, yellow etc.
Hell yeah. That's Hot.
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Fog lights

Yah I know several of the Mustang vendors sell the fogs and brackets in the smoked finish.

Check out American Muscle, Stangmods, Latemodel Restoration, CJ Pony Parts etc.


Another idea is pull a set of stock fogs off a v8 car and smoke them yourself..not too hard to do and might save a few bucks...
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
94sccoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
Yah I know several of the Mustang vendors sell the fogs and brackets in the smoked finish.

Check out American Muscle, Stangmods, Latemodel Restoration, CJ Pony Parts etc.

Another idea is pull a set of stock fogs off a v8 car and smoke them yourself..not too hard to do and might save a few bucks...
I might do the stock thing and smokem. Theres a salvage yard close by and its all mustangs, rows and rows of mustangs ,its great
94sccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Fog lights

Nice you should be able to get some off a 94-98 GT no problem then...hell you might want to pick up the fog light button while you're there.

As far as smoking them, you can buy the vinyl overlays or spray them with some vht...I have the overlays and they look great..a couple coats of vht will do the same thing too.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
94sccoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
Nice you should be able to get some off a 94-98 GT no problem then...hell you might want to pick up the fog light button while you're there.

As far as smoking them, you can buy the vinyl overlays or spray them with some vht...I have the overlays and they look great..a couple coats of vht will do the same thing too.
That would b nice to get the button. But then wiring would b a issue . Wouldnt it?
94sccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Fog lights

Well it depends on whether your car was pre-wired from the factory or not. They used to pre-wire the 94-95's and possibly 96, so you'd have all the wiring. You'd probably need the switch and the relay, as well as the fogs and brackets.

If not VMP Tuning has kits that include just the wiring and kits that have everything but the fogs..perfect for the person who has fogs but just needs wiring, switch, and relay.

VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: 1994 - 1998 Model Year
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
94sccoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 240
Thank u sir . U have been a big help.
94sccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:39 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.