EGR - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
EGR

How do I know if I have EGR I have an 02 v6 mustang.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
You do. Look for a round disc with a vacuum line on it or electrical plug. It will have a pipe coming into it from your exhaust.
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Should be front and center of your motor, is probably rusted lol. If you're lookin at your motor from the front you with have two solenoids to the left of the valve.
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks I needed to know because I'm about to buy some LTs and one is for EGR and one isn't. Thanks guys
Old 04-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
If I'm not mistaken you can get the non Egr headers and delete your Egr system with a tuner if you have one. They program it right into the code. I have california em missions on mine and Egr tubes run every damn where. I broke all but one of them while putting headers on, so I capped everything Egr off and ordered the Egr delete from bama. Waiting on that to come now I'll keep you posted
Hutchstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchstang
If I'm not mistaken you can get the non Egr headers and delete your Egr system with a tuner if you have one. They program it right into the code. I have california em missions on mine and Egr tubes run every damn where. I broke all but one of them while putting headers on, so I capped everything Egr off and ordered the Egr delete from bama. Waiting on that to come now I'll keep you posted
Thanks for the update, for now I may have my exhaust shop make an x-pipe out of my Current Y pipe and throw on some 40s and have the duals(I just got gt rear bumper and bout to get a custom paint job with some grabber blue stripes) I'm looking into saving up for a m112 supercharger swap onto my 6'er to get it down to about 300rwhp to keep up with all my v8 friends then start modding more
Old 04-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck
Old 04-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds like a good plan. Good luck
You too.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey I'm thinking about doing the same thing but I live in NY and not sure if it will pass emissions with a tune. Lemme know how this works out cause I'd love to do the same.
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Shhh, but there is a way around emissions in ny, believe it or not. You HAVE to make friends with, or grease the palm of, someone with an inspectors license. Take ur grammas 93 Buick in to be inspected, you can take just a picture of the registration, it will scan. Pre-95 cars get a "visual inspection" inspection only. They scan the regi for the vin and look it over the rest of it for safety concerns then slap the sticker on. No plugging into the obd2 because they didn't have obd2 before 95. So no emissions check on it. This is where having the friend comes in. They are supposed to put the insp sticker on at their shop, but for a price, or trade of favor they can let you go put it on the "Buick" yourself

hope this helps
Old 04-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Good thing OK doesn't have too test anymore
Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx
Good thing OK doesn't have too test anymore
I wish ny would loosen up some. And I'm actually not even sure if they check emissions, they might just check for codes thrown in ny. Tuner can take care of some of that i believe.

I have a 5.4 out of an f150 I wanted to throw in the sixxer over the summer, but a friend of mine that does inspections strongly suggested not to unless I wanted to do that inspection bypass every year. And then what happens if they do get stricter eventually and the bypass I know and live doesn't work anymore. I'd be up piss river with hole in the boat.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang