240sx vs the Stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
240sx vs the Stang

So for a while a fell astray and convinced myself I wanted to trade in the mustang for a 97 240sx, i love that car but I also love my Stang, thing is I don't think my parents will let me trade this in yet. So my question is realistically who am I going to be beating in this v6, I don't necessarily have a interest in running any v8s because were I race it's mostly Hondas, nissans, and other 4 or 6 cylinder cars. I am considering doing a turbo, hopefully a windstar intake soon, but I am definitely overhauling my engine next year. So compared to other 4 and 6 cylinder cars were does our engine stand? Only other thing I'm scared about with racing those cars is weight, Stangs definitely need to go on a diet.
Surffer227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: 240sx vs the Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surffer227 View Post
So for a while a fell astray and convinced myself I wanted to trade in the mustang for a 97 240sx, i love that car but I also love my Stang, thing is I don't think my parents will let me trade this in yet. So my question is realistically who am I going to be beating in this v6, I don't necessarily have a interest in running any v8s because were I race it's mostly Hondas, nissans, and other 4 or 6 cylinder cars. I am considering doing a turbo, hopefully a windstar intake soon, but I am definitely overhauling my engine next year. So compared to other 4 and 6 cylinder cars were does our engine stand? Only other thing I'm scared about with racing those cars is weight, Stangs definitely need to go on a diet.
Sadly stangs can't go on a diet due to safety regulations.
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I guess you can "nickel and dime" it. Like the rear seat delete, random things like that stupid vibe absorbing block on the back of the trans, trade the steel shaft for a aluminum one, take out the spare tire and jack, race with less than a half a tank, spoiler, EGR and pluming, A/C pump(if you're serious and can stand it), definitely get an aluminum flywheel if you haven't already! It instantly made my car feel like 300lbs lighter!
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 01:46 AM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I hate to be the black sheep but if I were you and I have your sixxer, I'd trade it for an S14. I've got an S13. KA24ET, ****s fast dude! Light weight, independent rear suspension. I'm gonna get burned for this. Lol
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
I hate to be the black sheep but if I were you and I have your sixxer, I'd trade it for an S14. I've got an S13. KA24ET, ****s fast dude! Light weight, independent rear suspension. I'm gonna get burned for this. Lol
Tar and feathered first!!... Then burned!!... Lol

My advice is this!.. If all your concerned about is who your going to be able to beat, then get out of the car game!.. There will always be some one better, someone faster, and someone with deeper pockets then you!.. My car is not the best one on the road!.. But that's not my goal here!.. My goal is to make it better than what it was!.. To make it faster than what it was, and to enjoy every minute of it!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:32 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I love the s14 kouki, that things bad, drove one with a RB swap, turboed, but it had some serius air fuel problems, thing was still wayy fast though. And I know I'm not beating everyone, I said I didn't want to, just my friends and people that talk ****,
Surffer227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:51 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surffer227
I love the s14 kouki, that things bad, drove one with a RB swap, turboed, but it had some serius air fuel problems, thing was still wayy fast though. And I know I'm not beating everyone, I said I didn't want to, just my friends and people that talk ****,
Like I said!.. If your goal is to beat anyone, no matter what your driving, your still going to be on the short end of the stick!.. Because their will always be someone better, faster, with deeper pockets!.. And unfortunately some of the ones that talk S*** are also the ones with the most cash!..

Build your car and enjoy it for what it is!.. Take pride in that, and that is some thing nobody can talk S*** about!.. They'll just look like fools if they try!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Get a super snake and then talk buy a gt or build your stang, my cars naturally faster than all of my friends so now everything extra I put on it just makes me that much faster. I asked my friend to rematch me after I install my incoming tuner.. He said why would I want that *** whooping he's got an 03 with CAI and eBay chip

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Like I said!.. If your goal is to beat anyone, no matter what your driving, your still going to be on the short end of the stick!.. Because their will always be someone better, faster, with deeper pockets!.. And unfortunately some of the ones that talk S*** are also the ones with the most cash!..

Build your car and enjoy it for what it is!.. Take pride in that, and that is some thing nobody can talk S*** about!.. They'll just look like fools if they try!...
^ very well said

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang