Changing speakers in car. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Changing speakers in car.

Could I swap out my speakers in my car for some pioneers? Like direct swap or do I have to find some amps? Idk some guy told me I'd have to locate the amp or something ?
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
If you just want to replace the speakers, just about any make you want makes a direct replacement. Check out crutchfield.com for some good comparison shopping.
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Speaker won't work with stock amps. It's best to get rid of old and bring in New. I had 4 pioneer speaker and a Walmart amp. Sounded great then added a kicker sub and pioneer amp for even a better system. But shop around find what you like best I went with cheap and easy
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom
Speaker won't work with stock amps. It's best to get rid of old and bring in New. I had 4 pioneer speaker and a Walmart amp. Sounded great then added a kicker sub and pioneer amp for even a better system. But shop around find what you like best I went with cheap and easy
They will work just fine with stock amps. Won't sound as good as running them through an aftermarket amp, but they will work. I've replaced the crappy factory speakers with aftermarket units from several makes in a 83GT, 94 Cobra, 04 F150 over the years. They all had one thing in common; each speaker has a positive and negative post.
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
They won't work cause the stock are 8 ohms amps and the speaker are 4 ohms I know i tried. You can rewire to play all speaker of the cd player but that takes a lot of time messing with wires and stuff.
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I had kicker doors and the 6x9 in the back to a aftermarket head unit with no amp sounds good it ain't got that big thump that jiggs ride around with but I don't like that anyway..

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Have* not had
mustangg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
God I don't know anything about this. Can someone explain it in dummy terms.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

What is an amp where is it what do I change it with where do I get it
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Amplifier or "amp" is a power out put device used to make the bass hit harder .. You can get them at any car audio store or even Walmart if u go that route only pioneer from there from an audio store there are a lot of great brands .. Rocker.. Jl audio.. Memphis.. Kicker.. Orion.. Etc
mustangg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang