Sticker bombing... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I think u need to re think of all of us together. I like neons and have respect for other cars. But I do love my mustang and I have done my own work. I try to love different I remember I went to a shop to change my header cause i didnt have time they said it wouldn't fit. So when i had time I installed them and they work fine. So if you think your right just do it and make your own path.
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surffer227
I do have plenty blood sweat and tears in this car, more than half the people on here probly, I'm only 17 and I do all my work myself. I did my cutch myself, if had my suspension off for springs at least 3 times, before I even knew about cars I sat infront of autozone for 2 hours figuring out how I can rig up a custom CAI, I've done all my work myself, from tire and oil changes to brake calipers. I love my mustang and just cause I like the style of other cars also, doesn't mean I'm trying to be cool or fit in, sticker bombing was just one thing, there's plenty more things other things I like about jdm styling. And I think to be a true car person you have to atleast accept other styles of cars. That's the only think that I HATE about some of the mustang community. Alot of owners are soo close minded to anything else. So what if another car isnt to your liking, I'm sure they put as much, if not more blood sweat and tears into their Honda or Nissan, than half the people here,
Personally I like other cars ricer and tuner cars included, when their done right. If you want to be unique do something in 2 tone paint, crazy stripes, portraits , something that shows you took time and thought throwing stickers on a car shows no talents and just looks tacky! If you want to do something take the time and do it righ
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Plan and think big
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

I always thought they threw stickers on their cars to hide the primer and scratches. Oh and to hold them together, LOL!!!
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
We're probly gonna end up lookin like this XD HAHAHAHAHA
Okay that Stang looks wicked but the stickers in your other pictures I'ma go with my fellow sixxers and agree ricerish kinda ratard lol agree on the movie hella funny

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Quote:
I do have plenty blood sweat and tears in this car, more than half the people on here probly, I'm only 17 and I do all my work myself. I did my cutch myself, if had my suspension off for springs at least 3 times, before I even knew about cars I sat infront of autozone for 2 hours figuring out how I can rig up a custom CAI, I've done all my work myself, from tire and oil changes to brake calipers. I love my mustang and just cause I like the style of other cars also, doesn't mean I'm trying to be cool or fit in, sticker bombing was just one thing, there's plenty more things other things I like about jdm styling. And I think to be a true car person you have to atleast accept other styles of cars. That's the only think that I HATE about some of the mustang community. Alot of owners are soo close minded to anything else. So what if another car isnt to your liking, I'm sure they put as much, if not more blood sweat and tears into their Honda or Nissan, than half the people here,
Good Job .. I know a lot of guys that wouldn't even get there hands dirty or even know how to change there oil .. As far as being a true car person your correct got to have a open mind ..some things ain't for me .. I do all work myself from body work to engine work to suspension .. Only way to figure out how is by doing
mustangg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Sticker bombing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surffer227 View Post
I do have plenty blood sweat and tears in this car, more than half the people on here probly, I'm only 17 and I do all my work myself. I did my cutch myself, if had my suspension off for springs at least 3 times, before I even knew about cars I sat infront of autozone for 2 hours figuring out how I can rig up a custom
**** dude, i hate to miss the point of your rant, but you did your clutch yourself? Nice work!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
i like sticker bombs on the chin spoiler on honda's. not a fan of them on the fenders though.

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #43
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1399409587.jpg
Views:	1732
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	48404

Sticker bomb

Name:	image-3682986893.jpg
Views:	6060
Size:	525.5 KB
ID:	48405

Sticker bomb

Name:	image-4142574242.jpg
Views:	1051
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	48406

Sticker bomb

Point is.. It's yours, if you like it who gives a **** what anyone thinks. Period. I feel the same way about music, tattoos, opinions, ppls outward appearance.. Basically everything.. If you don't like the way something looks, look away... For those that will say "oh well with the cars in those, they're different". Thats the point.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
i like sticker bombs on the chin spoiler on honda's. not a fan of them on the fenders though.
+1
Blackedout03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #45
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Those look more like "Sponsor bombs" to me.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
+10000000
Old 04-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

Then don't ask, if what you're doing is cool. Because seeking approval, apparently is not.
That's why I don't ask for peoples opinions on what is or isn't cool as far as style is concerned!.. I have my own style and I'm not changing for anybody!..

And if you feel the need to have someones approval as to what looks cool?.. Then you got some other issues going on!.. Nobody should feel the need to seek others approval for anything!.. But that's just me!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #48
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Think the point went right over your head bro.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

That's why I don't ask for peoples opinions on what is or isn't cool as far as style is concerned!.. I have my own style and I'm not changing for anybody!..

And if you feel the need to have someones approval as to what looks cool?.. Then you got some other issues going on!.. Nobody should feel the need to seek others approval for anything!.. But that's just me!..
Nicely stated .. Everyone should have there on style makes em who them are in there own way not a clone of another ..
mustangg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
I am also 17. and understand what you mean by the mustang society being close minded. my father being one. if its anything custom or unique he hates it and disapproves. I know a good bit about the import seen being that I was around it for 3 years and worked on those cars. I like that they can do custom things(done right, not cheap crap) and get praised for it and it's like they have more variety of what they can do to their cars then we can to ours. but I think sticker bombing should stay with the imports. and let American muscle BE American muscle. sure customize it some but do something diff from the import seen and spmethig the muscle seen hasn't had much of yet. but at the end of the day its your car. do with it what you will.
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012

I am also 17. and understand what you mean by the mustang society being close minded. my father being one. if its anything custom or unique he hates it and disapproves. I know a good bit about the import seen being that I was around it for 3 years and worked on those cars. I like that they can do custom things(done right, not cheap crap) and get praised for it and it's like they have more variety of what they can do to their cars then we can to ours. but I think sticker bombing should stay with the imports. and let American muscle BE American muscle. sure customize it some but do something diff from the import seen and spmethig the muscle seen hasn't had much of yet. but at the end of the day its your car. do with it what you will.
Well said!
Old 04-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #52
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Think the point went right over your head bro.
Like a fighter jet.....
Old 04-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Please tell me you didn't Plasti Dip your brakes!?! They make caliper paint for brakes!!! Plasti dip won't hold. At least, I don't think it will. It's not meant for high heat.
Oh no not my calipers, yeah that would be dumb. I did my calipers, to help with heat dispersion.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Damn I meant to say my rotors! Well that was a sarcastic joke that horribly backfired. I'm leaving now....
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #54
Regular
Supporter

There is always gonna be closed minded people within the car community so it not just the Mustang family. The Honda guys are just as bad towards muscle cars and the muscle car guys are just as bad towards the lowrider guys and the rat rod guy hate the shiny new car guys.....you have to have respect for all of them. I'm a car lover ........period.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
There is always gonna be closed minded people within the car community so it not just the Mustang family. The Honda guys are just as bad towards muscle cars and the muscle car guys are just as bad towards the lowrider guys and the rat rod guy hate the shiny new car guys.....you have to have respect for all of them. I'm a car lover ........period.
Nicely said. I mean people look for different things out of different styles, its not nessicarily bad, just different.

And i want to try and calm this post down a bit by saying:
Will love everybody

You guys can resume fighting now haha
Old 04-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Sorry if I'm late on this thread....I just read it today. That whole sticker thing is not cool. Might look somewhat nice on a little car like a beetle or mini cooper or something. I would never ever put that on a mustang. Looks a little cheap, and I'm the kinda guy who loves different things! New ideas and fresh looks on any car. But this just looks cheap and slapped together. Just my opinion.
BigpapaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
When I first started this thread I wasn't saying do like a whole bumper or fender or anything, I was thinking mabey like a CAI tube or sway bar or something, just felt it was kinda blew outa proportion or mabey u guys didn't get what I was saying, I know if you think its ugly I get it, preference, but I don't want you guys thinkin I'm gona do like my whole car or something haha
Surffer227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
When I first started this thread I wasn't saying do like a whole bumper or fender or anything, I was thinking mabey like a CAI tube or sway bar or something, just felt it was kinda blew outa proportion or mabey u guys didn't get what I was saying, I know if you think its ugly I get it, preference, but I don't want you guys thinkin I'm gona do like my whole car or something haha
OK i just read this entire thread and I have a few things that I want everyone to think about. When the mustang first came into production in 1964 the car was targeted at one specific age group. Young men that were born at the end of the second world war. These "kids" wanted something different, something new, something that would set them apart from their parents. And who can blame them? I would hate it of the coolest car I could afford was my dad's old Lincoln town car! Good car? Yes. Cool? Well not to me! Mustang has been a part of American history for nearly 50 years and each new model has brought new fans and made others seek new ideas from other manufacturers. In those fifty years many after market things have come and gone on the mustang. Rally strips were something that was a new "fad" at one point. And I'm sure there were people that absolutely hated them because they weren't what the "mustang" was all about. Then the blackout Mach one hoods came and probably made more people mad. Then the II's came and everyone threw-up (lol jk). The fox bodies came and saleen showed the world that you don't have to stick to Shelby if you want to be unique! The point is that mustangs have always given men and women the chance to have a piece of American history that reflects their own personal history too! My suggestion? Do it! But take into consideration the fifty years of history. Don't put autozone, or Walmart, or I love new York stickers on it... use historical badging! Ford symbols, mustang symbols, historical stickers that directly link mustang to its heritage! THAT would be cool! And to all those guys and gals that don't like the idea of "sticker bombing" do some research on some of the things you have done to your mustang. I would be willing to bet that at some point the "cool" mods on your car weren't always so cool!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
:') that was beautiful
Surffer227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Mustangs are the only car to not take a "break". They keep on producing them and we keep buying them. Everyone has done their own thing from wire wheels hydro's lowriders to 22 inch wheels flashy candy paint to full blown drag car. You wanna sticker bomb then do so but be prepared for the after effects of what you do. Like everyone else do your thing not follow a fad or opinions try it out and if it don't work go ahead and peel them off...

Then you could plasti dip your rear end gears and your tires. Makes it hook harder and saves your tires . That's for the rotor dipper
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
:') that was beautiful
I want to see pictures when you are done!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #62
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Dang. I've got so many comments. This is gonna take awhile...

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote:
+1 for handling your own tools! If I saw a car, Honda, Nissan, ford or what have you and it was obviously modified and if it were sticker bombed. I wouldn't think anything of it. Dudes clearly into his ride and whatever he/she's into no matter how silly, I'd still have respect for their car.

Know this! I come from a long history with imports. I've been on the 240sx forum for years. I was running my S13 for over 15 years. I've still got it. Saving it for my son now. So, I'm the last guy to be close minded about what's cool.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
its just another way to say "look at me" and get attention without actually making the car look better.
+1

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Exactly! I couldn't agree with you more. If everybody followed their own path and didn't care about approval, all these forums would have a huge cut down on pointless threads. But I like to argue and most of those threads keep me entertained. No offense to the op.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote:

Like a fighter jet.....
LMAO!

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmidas87

Oh no not my calipers, yeah that would be dumb. I did my calipers, to help with heat dispersion.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Damn I meant to say my rotors! Well that was a sarcastic joke that horribly backfired. I'm leaving now....
Comeback! Lol, I kinda figured you were joking but we have had some noobs on here that probably have plastied their calipers. So I wasn't sure. Hehe.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #63
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09

OK i just read this entire thread and I have a few things that I want everyone to think about. When the mustang first came into production in 1964 the car was targeted at one specific age group. Young men that were born at the end of the second world war. These "kids" wanted something different, something new, something that would set them apart from their parents. And who can blame them? I would hate it of the coolest car I could afford was my dad's old Lincoln town car! Good car? Yes. Cool? Well not to me! Mustang has been a part of American history for nearly 50 years and each new model has brought new fans and made others seek new ideas from other manufacturers. In those fifty years many after market things have come and gone on the mustang. Rally strips were something that was a new "fad" at one point. And I'm sure there were people that absolutely hated them because they weren't what the "mustang" was all about. Then the blackout Mach one hoods came and probably made more people mad. Then the II's came and everyone threw-up (lol jk). The fox bodies came and saleen showed the world that you don't have to stick to Shelby if you want to be unique! The point is that mustangs have always given men and women the chance to have a piece of American history that reflects their own personal history too! My suggestion? Do it! But take into consideration the fifty years of history. Don't put autozone, or Walmart, or I love new York stickers on it... use historical badging! Ford symbols, mustang symbols, historical stickers that directly link mustang to its heritage! THAT would be cool! And to all those guys and gals that don't like the idea of "sticker bombing" do some research on some of the things you have done to your mustang. I would be willing to bet that at some point the "cool" mods on your car weren't always so cool!
I'm sure I've done some things to my cars that people thought were wack. I just never gave a damn to hear them. ie: this is my S13.Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3188163274.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	518.5 KB
ID:	48494I've caught a lot of negative comments for camouflaging my car. I don't care, I think it's ****ing awesome!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Ew

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #65
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang
Ew
Haha! I love it! Nice hash marks btw.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha! I love it! Nice hash marks btw.
I wasn't saying ew to you, I was saying ew to sticker bombing in general.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #67
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang

I wasn't saying ew to you, I was saying ew to sticker bombing in general.
Haha, awkward. Sorry, now I feel like an ***.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

I'm sure I've done some things to my cars that people thought were wack. I just never gave a damn to hear them. ie: this is my S13.I've caught a lot of negative comments for camouflaging my car. I don't care, I think it's ****ing awesome!
I'm in the process of painting my $22000 limited edition,# 2096 of 2500 Harley-Davidson anniversary model. I didn't want 2499 others like mine. I did spring for the good $5.99 a can paint tho. It's OD green. App keeps crashing on the picture
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20120428_004306.png
Views:	174
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	48502   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120428_004405.png
Views:	163
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	48503  

Name:	ForumRunner_20120428_004700.png
Views:	200
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	48504   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120428_004838.png
Views:	163
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	48505  

tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Well it said it crashed any ways.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #70
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

It looks good. I like that shade of green! I've been thinking of painting my S13 solid green like those old Army jeeps. I think I just found the color I'm going to use, thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang