Plasti dip intake? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Plasti dip intake?

Could I plasti dip my Intake?
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
A cai I would prolly say you could but the manifold prolly not. I done think it would withstand the heat
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Just get some Flat Black high heat paint.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: Plasti dip intake?

i told my wife i was gonna plasti dip the fridge because she wanted it to be black,,,she wasn't as amused as i was! lol

work in progress...
2002 v6, Dual Flowmasters, SCT SF3/X3 Tuner, AM CAI....
next up lowering, gears...
shaqfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I would just put it on the intake. Not the manifold or the maf
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

So yes no? My friend put regular spray paint on his intake and it seems fine so wouldn't plasti dip work the same?
Old 05-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqfu
i told my wife i was gonna plasti dip the fridge because she wanted it to be black,,,she wasn't as amused as i was! lol
Lmao that's funny
mustangg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #8
Forum Car Trader
Regular

it's definitely a fire danger.. Just use it for emblems and exterior stuff.. Not worth the risk!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

If its a fire danger then I will definetly not do that. So I would have to sand it down and put high heat paint on?
Old 05-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqfu
We liquid chalkborded a fridge once! Turned out awesome!!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Plasti dip intake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
We liquid chalkborded a fridge once! Turned out awesome!!
now that's a practical and fun idea!

work in progress...
2002 v6, Dual Flowmasters, SCT SF3/X3 Tuner, AM CAI....
next up lowering, gears...
shaqfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Dude all dudes who plastic dip. I'm sorry y'all are idiots. They made an invention called krylon. Use it, it's fun. To the guy who will give me a warning for rude comments, you know your getting just as annoyed so don't even sweat it. Just laugh....

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout
Dude all dudes who plastic dip. I'm sorry y'all are idiots. They made an invention called krylon. Use it, it's fun. To the guy who will give me a warning for rude comments, you know your getting just as annoyed so don't even sweat it. Just laugh....
I mean that in a funny way... No offense...
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok but the question would be what is cheaper? Krylon or plasti dip?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgerow12

Ok but the question would be what is cheaper? Krylon or plasti dip?
Not what's cheaper. That doesn't matter get the krylon and call it done. What buy plastic dip then when you don't like it, throw your money away?

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Spray paint guys. Get good with the can. It's fun and comes in many colors. If you want to be unique krylon. With some great painting skills and some krylon and some imagination I seen guys do great things. That I respect. Skills that they improved after much practice. This one guy painted his dashboard pearl in his white 2006 f150. That truck stands out. Plastic dip? Spend your money on other mods. This plastic dip was made to get your money. Be fun be creative.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

This other guy did flames under the hood! Holy crap. It was awesome. Plastic dip is for kids.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

You wanna custom things go out to car shows. Trust me it's fun to experiment. I thought about green ghost flames but I'm a blackedout car and will always be black. But there's endless possibilities. The thing about customizing is it doesn't matter what engine size you got or what u drive, creativity goes a long way. Especially if it's made to last

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Yalls cars are better than plastic dip.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Do what you want to your own car. Make suggestions not knock others ideas. Plasti dip is easily removable and obviously easily available or everyone would be talking about kryon not plasti dip. Like said in a previous thread... Opinions are like a**holes doesn't mean yours is any better than the next guys. No offense meant in any of this
Old 05-05-2012, 12:40 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Krylon few bucks a can and it's the best for all materials .. Never tried plastic dip or what have it.. Ima man of paint the brighter is better with a cage for instance pop the hood have in your face colors that pop saying come look at my work .. Fun or open your door and the panels in your ride are nicely coated to match what ever floats your boat .. I say fun fun fun

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgerow12
Do what you want to your own car. Make suggestions not knock others ideas. Plasti dip is easily removable and obviously easily available or everyone would be talking about kryon not plasti dip. Like said in a previous thread... Opinions are like a**holes doesn't mean yours is any better than the next guys. No offense meant in any of this
I do agree tho no need in knocking no ones style it's all art in my book.. And I think I quoted ur a**hole speech the other day to some a** making fun of our sixxers
Old 05-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

All I'm saying is if you want to plasti dip then plasti dip if you want to Krylon then Krylon it's your car do what you want I just don't think it's right to tell someone they are an idiot because they want to do something to thier car.

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangg2000
Krylon few bucks a can and it's the best for all materials .. Never tried plastic dip or what have it.. Ima man of paint the brighter is better with a cage for instance pop the hood have in your face colors that pop saying come look at my work .. Fun or open your door and the panels in your ride are nicely coated to match what ever floats your boat .. I say fun fun fun

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

I do agree tho no need in knocking no ones style it's all art in my book.. And I think I quoted ur a**hole speech the other day to some a** making fun of our sixxers
+ 1 to that brotha
Old 05-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I agree witcha I don't think it's right to call someone you don't know an idiot period .. There are a lot of ppls on here that had done some wicked work with plasti dip .. On dude dome his fender emblems and the horse on the grille list goes on ..
Old 05-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #19
Road Trip!

Fine if y'all wanna play dip y'all go right ahead.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

I'm just saying it's a waste
Old 05-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

i think when you f*** up using non removable paint, thats when its a waste.

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
i think when you f*** up using non removable paint, thats when its a waste.
Lmao I never mess up.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

I always test paint the cap then paint what I wanna paint. I never mess up.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
"I never mess up" ur my hero wish u could spell "raceing" in ur profile right tho
d_1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lmao I never mess up.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

I always test paint the cap then paint what I wanna paint. I never mess up.
i suck *** at painting haha. i wana paint interior pieces but ima f*** it all up

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Y'all just jealous

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_1212
"I never mess up" ur my hero wish u could spell "raceing" in ur profile right tho
And you smart **** I'm talking about painting.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Yall missed the part where I said I wasnt try to offend anyone. Y'all also missed the part where I said I meant it to be funny. Y'all are such cry babies. Grown *** men and cry babying about me calling people idiots. Big whoop. Y'all are sad.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Y'all just jealous

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

And you smart **** I'm talking about painting.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Yall missed the part where I said I wasnt try to offend anyone. Y'all also missed the part where I said I meant it to be funny. Y'all are such cry babies. Grown as men and cry babying about me calling people idiots. Big whoop. Y'all are sad.
That's like saying, "I don't mean to offend you bro, but i'm going to say something offensive anyway. But dont be offended." just sayin. Not saying it to start crap, but when you say something someone puts onto their car is trash, people take it personally. Also, i think you miss the point of plasti-dip. It's for people to use, Mainly for the reason they want to take it off at some later point. If i'm not mistaken, krylon is non-removable. Just food for thought.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6

That's like saying, "I don't mean to offend you bro, but i'm going to say something offensive anyway. But dont be offended." just sayin. Not saying it to start crap, but when you say something someone puts onto their car is trash, people take it personally. Also, i think you miss the point of plasti-dip. It's for people to use, Mainly for the reason they want to take it off at some later point. If i'm not mistaken, krylon is non-removable. Just food for thought.
+1^
Old 05-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6

But I don't understand why buy something your just going to throw away. How much do these cans run anyway? 6$-9$?
Old 05-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Even if so it's worth it to me not saying I mess up but if I don't like the way it looks or I get a different idea for a design just peel off and re apply. Also for rims. Paint your rims and they are stuck like that. Plasti dip you can peel off and return to normal finish to sell
Old 05-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #29
Road Trip!

I'll respect anything but plastic dip. I said what I needed to say I'm sticking to it. Plastic dip, where ever this crap came from, it's the only dumbest thing I seen someone do.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Does plasti dip come in variety of colors
Old 05-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #31
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

A variety of colors and flavors.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Sweet always want my dash to taste like green apple
Old 05-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #33
Road Trip!

Lmao. I could say something mean but I did enough damage as it is.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Sweet cherry pie!!!!
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #35
Road Trip!

If they only made black ice scent hell yeah

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang