24 MPG City - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Dakota
24 MPG City

WHOA!

I just filled my car again... 248 miles on 10.21 gallons = 24.28 MPG
Car is using the 93R tune burning 95 octane E-30 ethanol blend.

This tank of gas was burned out over the past 3 weeks. That was 2 weeks without the UDP, and one week with it.

I have been saying all winter that I got 24 mpg in town last year... but as the winter months slowly crawled past I began to wonder if I really did...? Sometimes our minds remember things differently than they occurred ya know?

Anyway... pretty much everyone knows that ethanol delivers poorer gas mileage than straight gasoline... makes me wonder what kind of mileage I would get if I could find straight 93 octane gas around here rather than having to use ethanol to achieve that octane rating...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_John
WHOA!

I just filled my car again... 248 miles on 10.21 gallons = 24.28 MPG
Car is using the 93R tune burning 95 octane E-30 ethanol blend.

This tank of gas was burned out over the past 3 weeks. That was 2 weeks without the UDP, and one week with it.

I have been saying all winter that I got 24 mpg in town last year... but as the winter months slowly crawled past I began to wonder if I really did...? Sometimes our minds remember things differently than they occurred ya know?

Anyway... pretty much everyone knows that ethanol delivers poorer gas mileage than straight gasoline... makes me wonder what kind of mileage I would get if I could find straight 93 octane gas around here rather than having to use ethanol to achieve that octane rating...
93R is suppose to get ya like 4-6 mpg better so if your still the same then yeah 93 octane would prolly be better.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Of course I prolly lost mpg's because I can't keep my foot out of the 93R tune

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang

93R is suppose to get ya like 4-6 mpg better so if your still the same then yeah 93 octane would prolly be better.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Of course I prolly lost mpg's because I can't keep my foot out of the 93R tune
*HEADBANG*
Hutchstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Just got back from myrtle beach (I'm from ny) and I was clocking the mileage down and back. Mostly highway, set on 87 performance tune, but running 93 octane, I was getting about 25mpg. I was cruising about 85-90mph most of the way. So I suppose if I had been going closer to 65-70 then 30mpg doesn't really seem all that unreasonable
Hutchstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang