Hard to find parts.They want HOW MUCH!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Send a message via MSN to EVIL-G-NIUS Send a message via Yahoo to EVIL-G-NIUS
Question Hard to find parts.They want HOW MUCH!!

Ok!! here goes.

I need some serious help from the entire crew here. Where can a person find a reasonably priced new/used driver side rear qtr. panel for a 2000 model mustang.

All of the ones i've found so far are something to the tune of about 650.00 shipped.

I'm really not wanting to have to reapir the factory qtr. but i will if i can't find one for a reasonable price. Thanks for any help or advise you might be able to give. Evil-G-Nius
EVIL-G-NIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Re: Hard to find parts.They want HOW MUCH!!

All I can really say is start hitting the local junk yards and see what pops up. I will okk aroud and see what I can find for you!
New Baby:
1989 5.0 5spd Great plans for this monster!
afinley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I've allready called my local junk yards with no luck but i will keep cheking with them to see if they get anything new in. I thought i found the parts on craigs list but it was the pillar qtrs not the actual fender quarters so the search continues. Thanks for keeping a good lookout. Evil-g-Nius
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

oh and anyone looking for parts for an 02 stang there is one locally on craigs list with some good parts like rear spoiler for 75.00 i'd be more then happy to help you out if you're interested in any of them search Little rock Arkansas auto parts on craigs list and search mustang.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

You are in Arkansas right? Well there is a mustang salvage yard here in Pennsylvania.

CJ Pony Parts - Ford Mustang Parts

Give them a call, they have a large scrap yard of wrecked stangs and will pull a part for you/ship it. You may be able to gtet a deal but the shipping will kill ya...
Old 01-18-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks A Bunch i'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they have it.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:51 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh View Post
You are in Arkansas right? Well there is a mustang salvage yard here in Pennsylvania.

CJ Pony Parts - Ford Mustang Parts

Give them a call, they have a large scrap yard of wrecked stangs and will pull a part for you/ship it. You may be able to gtet a deal but the shipping will kill ya...
Yeah I forgot all about those guys...Great place to do business with
New Baby:
Old 01-21-2008, 01:25 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Wow yea this is hard I looked for like 10 mins on ebay and in my 79-04 Year one catelog as well as their current online one and they don't have **** for us...guess junk yards are the way to go.

2002 True Blue V6 to GT Vert
16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
2.15 60', 9.3@77, 14.4@96 as a 5spd SOHC 4.6
runvsofthisbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:43 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by runvsofthisbull View Post
Wow yea this is hard I looked for like 10 mins on ebay and in my 79-04 Year one catelog as well as their current online one and they don't have **** for us...guess junk yards are the way to go.
You would be suprised how many of these things ford made, though a ****e load of them are on the road alot of them are wrecked too.....Bad for old owner....great for us....

Also try GT and Cobra parts...they fit just as well too!
New Baby:
Old 01-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

The looking can stop BOY did i luck out. I went to a salvage yard today and found a whole rear axle from a 99 manual v6 just like mine and the quarter panel from the front of the door pillar all the way to the tail light including the body trim on the bottom of the door jamb and the plastic entry way piece from the same car the door came off of about two months ago when i was helping the previous owner repair the car so his gf could continue to drive it . all the pieces set me back 450.00 tax and all not bad i don't think and i didn't even have to have them shipped. PHEWWW thanks for all the help. Evil-g-Nius
Old 01-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVIL-G-NIUS View Post
The looking can stop BOY did i luck out. I went to a salvage yard today and found a whole rear axle from a 99 manual v6 just like mine and the quarter panel from the front of the door pillar all the way to the tail light including the body trim on the bottom of the door jamb and the plastic entry way piece from the same car the door came off of about two months ago when i was helping the previous owner repair the car so his gf could continue to drive it . all the pieces set me back 450.00 tax and all not bad i don't think and i didn't even have to have them shipped. PHEWWW thanks for all the help. Evil-g-Nius
That is great deal, snap it up while you can!!
New Baby:
Old 01-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Done I just have to go pick it up tomorrow morning!! I can't wait to get it all on i'm going to take before and after pictures so everyone can see. I will also have some axle parts for sale the existing axle was good all except for one axle shaft that was so minorly bent i contemplated replacing it. parts are going to be cheap let me know if anyone need a rear axle assy or parts.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Done I just have to go pick it up tomorrow morning!! I can't wait to get it all on i'm going to take before and after pictures so everyone can see. I will also have some axle parts for sale the existing axle was good all except for one axle shaft that was so minorly bent i contemplated replacing it. parts are going to be cheap let me know if anyone need a rear axle assy or parts.

Well when doing the axles I was wondering if you have considered what power level you are going to take your car to? If you are going to be trying for a high horse power stang then really a an 8.8 would be the way to go, then it would hold a lot more HP...just wondering?
New Baby:
Old 01-22-2008, 08:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Well the way i look at it is. I want a faster stang in the future i'm not sure if i'll keep this one to see if i like it for a while and maybe upgrade the 6 with the bible bolt ons or if i end up enjoying the car so much i may have to go buy a v8 model and keep the 6 as a trip taker or toy but at this point i don't think the v6 is going to be pushing so much power that the stock 7.5 won't be able to handle it. I got the axle and basically half of a donor car body today to get mine back on the road. I should be driving with the new axle sometime friday afternoon. I was planning on taking pictures of the swap and posting them for anyone that might want to see them. Then on to the body within the next few weeks and i'm going to take lots of pictures of the quarter panel replacement. I've got 60 rolls of 35 mm film i need to use up. i'm thinking also for this project changing the bumper to a cobra r style front with the fog lights and a cobra r spoiler and the gt500 side scoops that go over the rear side windows Man those things look good on a black or charcoal car. Please let me know what your thoughts are. Suggestions welcome. Evil-g-Nius
Old 01-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

By the way i meant to ask what year models the 8.8 comes out of and exactly what has to be changed to bolt it in the 2000 model? i found a few in another junk yard one was complete all but one bracket that holds the caliper to the axle plate it was in a 94 v6 would this be an 8.8 axle? if so does anyone need one it was only $90.00
Old 01-24-2008, 04:28 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
By the way i meant to ask what year models the 8.8 comes out of and exactly what has to be changed to bolt it in the 2000 model? i found a few in another junk yard one was complete all but one bracket that holds the caliper to the axle plate it was in a 94 v6 would this be an 8.8 axle? if so does anyone need one it was only $90.00

All of the v6's came with 7.5, the Gts came with an 8.8. Just look for an old wrecked GT and the 8.8 will bolt up right to yours as long as it the same model year range <99-04, 94-98, ect>

Be careful modding out a six can be really adictive!
New Baby:
Old 01-28-2008, 07:54 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

OK got all the parts Thursday! I was off work friday. I installed the new rear axle and changed out the Rear diff lube with royal purple synthetic. Man is that stuff expensive. Now here's my problem. I'm getting a whinefrom the rear end. It's not bad but I'm also not sure it what it is exactly. It seems to do it while at crusing speed and not under accelleration. There might be a slight brake drag which i am going to attempt to correct if the problem dosen't correct itself by the time the brakes should be broken in I'm thinking new rotors which i allready have. Has anyone else had this problem? with the rear end noise. It's not real loud just a steady hum at highway speeds. Any suggestions? And second can anyone recommend a good clutch kit. My pilot bearing is squeaking and i figure i might as well replace it all while i have the tranny out. Thanks a bunch. Evil-G-Nius
Old 01-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

What type of gears are in the pumpkin? I have heard certain brands make noise more than others. I had a friend with a 96 Trans Am and he put in a richmond or motive gear in it (don't remember which) and it whined like a lil *****. Not sure if this is the same problem, but I know he had it also.

2002 True Blue V6 to GT Vert
16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
2.15 60', 9.3@77, 14.4@96 as a 5spd SOHC 4.6
runvsofthisbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Well after further digging on the subject i found that this seems to be a common problem among these factory 99-04 rear ends which makes me feel alot better. I'm almost posative it's not going to be anything serious. As far as the gears in the "pumpkin" they are whatever came with the car stock. I don't know what brand ford decided to use those years. i'm still going to replace the brake rotors and then dig into the clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing soon. Not too much more to go to get it back to a stock mustang that is mechanically sound. I appreciate you guys and girls being here. You have answered alot of questions for me and alot of other people and it saves alot of time and research trying to find answers nobody else seems to have. Thanks for being here! Evil-G-Nius

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang