What to do next? Looking for Ideas - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lightbulb What to do next? Looking for Ideas

So i am looking to do some more mods to my 02' V6. I already have; a c.a.i., sct chip, saleen rear axel, aftermarket cam, dual exhaust -2 cats, pro 5.0 shifter/steeda post, and a 3 inch drop. I really need some camber plates, but i was also thinking of doing a Winstar swap, aluminum drive shaft, or front and rear tower braces (It tends to go sidways on shifts). I have a stage 2 Ram clutch sitting in my closet waiting to go on as well.
Ch817us is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch817us
So i am looking to do some more mods to my 02' V6. I already have; a c.a.i., sct chip, saleen rear axel, aftermarket cam, dual exhaust -2 cats, pro 5.0 shifter/steeda post, and a 3 inch drop. I really need some camber plates, but i was also thinking of doing a Winstar swap, aluminum drive shaft, or front and rear tower braces (It tends to go sidways on shifts). I have a stage 2 Ram clutch sitting in my closet waiting to go on as well.
Saleen rear axel?
Windstar kits are ending this month so if u want one better grab it now.
If you can't get a ported upper and lower.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Maybe a set of headers?
twotone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Underdrive pulley?
T-Lok
Gears
Old 05-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Re: What to do next? Looking for Ideas

The rear axel had to be replaced along with most of the passenger side and rear, because i wrecked it. The body shop found a Saleen at a near by junk yard and used it to replace what i messed up. The original rear axel was bent into an S shape i was hit so hard.

Oh, i forgot i do have a set of headers, but thanks. The Winstar swap was more for looks. Would it be better to get one of those, or would a stock style tweaked be just as good/better?
Old 05-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The rear axel had to be replaced along with most of the passenger side and rear, because i wrecked it. The body shop found a Saleen at a near by junk yard and used it to replace what i messed up. The original rear axel was bent into an S shape i was hit so hard.

Oh, i forgot i do have a set of headers, but thanks. The Winstar swap was more for looks. Would it be better to get one of those, or would a stock style tweaked be just as good/better?
I think the ported upper/lower is better, and you can paint it with engine paint for looks. The Windstar is cool but supersix uses this intake on their 10 second sixxer.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Do i still need to get a t-lok with the saleen axel, i am new to doing speed mods. I noticed after it was put in was when i shift at high rpms the back end tries to slid out from behind me, and durring burn outs it now tends to go sideways.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do i still need to get a t-lok with the saleen axel, i am new to doing speed mods. I noticed after it was put in was when i shift at high rpms the back end tries to slid out from behind me, and durring burn outs it now tends to go sideways.
Get a t-Lok. Get the auburn one. It may be 309$ but it's better quality than the cheap ford racing one which has been known to break under stock power.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
You won't need a tlock with that one it should have one
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom
You won't need a tlock with that one it should have one
Unless the axels fit. An he just replaced those and didn't touch the locker. But I would think he would have the 8.8 now... Post a pic of ur rear end please. And show us the locker. Maybe I can see if it's an 8.8

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Most cars do go sideways on burn outs tho even with a locker.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Ill go check it out later this afternoon. With the drop i put on it, besides the camber plates what else should i look into replacing as far a that goes. I was thinking about putting the stock ones back on the rear mostly because im scratching up the exhaust around town. And While im waiting to put in my new clutch is there a good aftermarket flywheel out there for a 6er, besides the Spec. Spec doesnt have very good reviews on their stage2 clutch so i wasnt to sure about getting a flywheel from them.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Okay so, i got under the car just now and the diff. cover looks just like the one on AM just not as fancy; ten bolts, a hole on top and bottom and two nuts or something on either end of the flat part that faces out.
I forgot to mention that i do have a 65mm bbk throttle body also, it makes a whistle noise when i hit the gas. There are a few kids in town with ricers that are convenced its a turbo but that dont really make the same sound so im just gonna let them keep thinking it.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Everyone needs the assistance of the best Mustang shop in the area for continued dyno tunes.
You can not get away with replacing front tires after 50 miles of driving with a 3" drop. Maximum Motorsports provides the Caster Camber Plates, & Bumpsteer Kit. Steeda provides the X2 Balljoints.
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Can I put a fly wheel on a automatic 98 and how much horsepower will I get from a ported upper and lower intake
Fourloko530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I don't think so.
Ported intakes are on the website supersixmotorsport. You would probably have some additional work done at the same time. If you call them, they can give you dyno results.
Super Six Motorsports - V6 products that make your life faster
Old 05-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Okay this also might be a dumb question, I looked into the super six intakes, will the upper work on my car if I buy them one at a time. I can do the instal my self buy I can't afford to buy both at the same time.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

They will work with a dyno tune with little gains until it all comes together. It's like buying a 56mm 0r 73mm throttle body & putting it on a stock upper intake manifold. You get very slight gains with a dyno tune.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Okay, I'll probably just keep buying parts and wait till I have both of them. That way I don't have to tune it twice, buy extra gaskets and do the work multiple times for no reason. Thanks for the info.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang