Convertable leak - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Convertable leak

So today it rained for about 6 hours non stop, it was pretty heavy. I purchased my car less then two weeks ago. I was curious to see of I had any leaks. Well four towels later my curiosity was confirmed. Behind the back seat where the top folds down, there was a two inch deep puddle. But I could not see where it leaked from as the trail was dry. Also in the front passenger side under the glove box was soaked. Also in a puddle. My window was all the way up. I could see the trail. I believe the rubber trim is smashed up some where or something. I'm going to have a friend sit in the car while I hose it down to see exactly where it comes from. It just sucked and I wanted to vent a little.
Kcochran0010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: Convertable leak

What you want to do is have a friend get the hose out and runwater down the top while you sit back and figure it out. I would suggest re-sealing the rear window, but it may just be time for a new top.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
What you want to do is have a friend get the hose out and runwater down the top while you sit back and figure it out. I would suggest re-sealing the rear window, but it may just be time for a new top.
I'm hoping it's just a reseal as the top is in very good shape. No rips or tears. Not faded. But thanks for the Advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcochran0010

I'm hoping it's just a reseal as the top is in very good shape. No rips or tears. Not faded. But thanks for the Advice.
No problem. I hear ya if it's not it's another.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Mine does the same thing I have to put stuff to soke it up when it rains
Mustangdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangdust
Mine does the same thing I have to put stuff to soke it up when it rains
Did you ever try to seal it leaking area some how. Or is there no way to fix it. Guess I might be investing in a wet vac. Lol
Old 05-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Mine does it slightly in the back. Where the bottom corner creases. Its not a daily driver so I bought a cover for it.
lBRAlD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I was thinking it was the back window so I use some stuff to seal the window but it did Notting so I'm not sure where it's coming in but I'm going to get a new top some time soon because I a few tears and rips Notting big tho , just not sure where it's comeing in i might take the little back thing off to try to see where it coming in at
Mustangdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangdust
I was thinking it was the back window so I use some stuff to seal the window but it did Notting so I'm not sure where it's coming in but I'm going to get a new top some time soon because I a few tears and rips Notting big tho , just not sure where it's comeing in i might take the little back thing off to try to see where it coming in at
My friend is going to sit in the back while I hold a hose on it and see where it's coming in. Then we're gonna go from there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang