Insurance more than tripled ! ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Dakota
Insurance more than tripled ! ?

When I got my 01 V6 last June, I paid $650 for 12 months of Full Coverage.

I just got my renewal notice in the mail today. It's $1026 for SIX MONTHS!

I'm 47 with a perfect driving record. My last ticket of any kind was 13 years ago. I've had one chargeable accident which was over 20 years ago.

The only thing that has happened that would justify ANY rate increase was hitting a deer in December. $3,800 damage. That's comprehensive not collision. There are no points associated with it.

I'm going shopping for insurance, and I am only getting liability.

I feel violated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Did you call your agent to ask why?
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
I would contact the insurance company first to see if there was something on there end. They should have some reason for the in crease..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
+1 and +1. That seems like an awful large jump in premium. I'd call to make sure it's not just a clerical error.
Hutchstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Im not trying to get into your business but the way the rate involves credit too....so maybe thats something you could look at. And if u didnt do anything then you might want to go to annualcreditreport.com. (you get a free one each year) And see if there was something u didnt do on there

But definitely ask them why...because it could just be a mistake too

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Insurance more than tripled ! ?

My credit isn't awesome, but it isn't horrible either... It won't get much better than it is though since I have NO debt. No mortgage, no credit card debt, no car payment no child support... My rent is paid to my GF, she owns her home and I make half of the house payment.

I have one credit card with a zero balance. I use it occasionally, but I pay it off the next day or so.

I've been with this company since 1984 or 85... Yes, almost 30 years.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_John View Post
My credit isn't awesome, but it isn't horrible either... It won't get much better than it is though since I have NO debt. No mortgage, no credit card debt, no car payment no child support... My rent is paid to my GF, she owns her home and I make half of the house payment.

I have one credit card with a zero balance. I use it occasionally, but I pay it off the next day or so.

My guess is its just a mistake they made, i would call them soon to get it sorted out if it is.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_John

I would shop your same coverage elsewhere yearly. It doesn't pay to be loyal sadly. Your credit should be in great shape!

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

I would shop your same coverage elsewhere yearly. It doesn't pay to be loyal sadly. Your credit should be in great shape!
Take a day to shop. Call or E-mail the big ones, and ask around friends family etc.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_John View Post
When I got my 01 V6 last June, I paid $650 for 12 months of Full Coverage.

I just got my renewal notice in the mail today. It's $1026 for SIX MONTHS!

I'm 47 with a perfect driving record. My last ticket of any kind was 13 years ago. I've had one chargeable accident which was over 20 years ago.

The only thing that has happened that would justify ANY rate increase was hitting a deer in December. $3,800 damage. That's comprehensive not collision. There are no points associated with it.

I'm going shopping for insurance, and I am only getting liability.

I feel violated.
I called American Family Insurance... The lady I talked to was shocked! She called in to the head office and they said that there is no mistake, that is my new rate. I said "Holy ****"! and she said "I would go shopping, there is no way I would stand for this".

I called around for a few days, and progressive had the best rate... $366 for 6 mo. I decided to keep full coverage because my car is just too damn nice to take chances with...
Old 06-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Wow

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_John

I called American Family Insurance... The lady I talked to was shocked! She called in to the head office and they said that there is no mistake, that is my new rate. I said "Holy ****"! and she said "I would go shopping, there is no way I would stand for this".

I called around for a few days, and progressive had the best rate... $366 for 6 mo. I decided to keep full coverage because my car is just too damn nice to take chances with...
Wow that's a huge difference! Good idea to keep full coverage.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
i would also call your current company back and tell them to shove it up there @ss. thats ridiculous!!!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
i would also call your current company back and tell them to shove it up there @ss. thats ridiculous!!!
Current policy expires June 26th, new policy goes into effect June 26th. I'm going to wait til the 26th and call them and say "You're Fired"
Old 06-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas

that makes absolutely no sense, glad you found a better company!

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang