Pulled over - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Pulled over

Pulled over for the first time. Was going 41 in a 25... Got a 135$ ticket. No idea how many points I'll get or what My insurance is going to skyrocket to...
Dogbitdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
damn man that sucks

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Pulled over

Hey you know what it happens to all of us at one point man...that being said, how long have you been driving?

If you've been driving for a while and have had a clean record, talk to your district attorney and see if they'll knock the points down...I'm sure they won't reduce the ticket amount as most counties need the money , but the points are what's really important.

Keep in mind the traffic ticket will never drop off your record but insurance companies usually refer back 3 years so that should affect your insurance rates in a positive way a few years down the road.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Defensive driving and it's off your record and doesn't affect your insurance.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
My first ticket was last fall going 90 in a 55 at like 3:30am and I was driving a little 4cyl ranger

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
My first ticket was last fall going 90 in a 55 at like 3:30am and I was driving a little 4cyl ranger
Damn son, I bet that thing was about tapped out lol.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 06-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #7

Region: New York
I got pulled over for the first time the other day too... Chirped 2nd and 3rd and didn't realize the cop hiding in the bushes on the side of the road I completely got away with it tho
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
What I have done is got a plea of abayence or what ever and you pay the ticket and the ticket is a ghost for six months and if you don't get anymore traffic violations then the ticket is gone for good.
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmidas87
What I have done is got a plea of abayence or what ever and you pay the ticket and the ticket is a ghost for six months and if you don't get anymore traffic violations then the ticket is gone for good.
Lol, slow down for six months
Hutchstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I'm really thinking there's no way I'll be able to get anything reduced cause of the strictness of where I live so I'm just gonna have to nut up and pay it
Old 06-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03

Damn son, I bet that thing was about tapped out lol.
Yea the engine shuts off at 97 mph. It was brand new so I beet the crap out of it lol. Traded it in with 6,000 miles for my stang.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
Yea the engine shuts off at 97 mph. It was brand new so I beet the crap out of it lol. Traded it in with 6,000 miles for my stang.
Nice...I used to have an 01 supercab 4x4 with the 3.0 Vulcan, man that thing was a dog, it was straining every time I passed someone lol. But it was a clean truck, though my F150 makes it hard to miss lol.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03

Nice...I used to have an 01 supercab 4x4 with the 3.0 Vulcan, man that thing was a dog, it was straining every time I passed someone lol. But it was a clean truck, though my F150 makes it hard to miss lol.
I couldent pass people lol. 70-85 was like 30 seconds =p

Old 06-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
That reminds me less than a week ago I was on a 2 lane road and passed 3 people (that isn't appreciated by the popo, but they won't do anything) then when I was sitting at the next light there was a right turn lane and a federal agent told me to slow down or I might kill someone. He knew he couldn't do anything because I passed people in a dotted line ( I hit 90 though). It was just a little scary having a fed sticking his arm out the window with his badge though.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Learn where the cops stay. You'll be good. It's what I do and I'm hopeful that I never get caught. Been pulled over 5 times no ticket. Caught after I preformed a street race 3 times, and told I'll be placed at the bottom of the jail and never drive again. There comes a time you learn to count your blessings, and follow the speed limit and obey the laws, they're not made to spoil fun, mainly to insure your safety and as everyone else's. Drive safe my friend, I don't wanna find myself pulling any of y'all over if our crosses ever meet, but I will stop you and won't let you go without a warning.
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout
Learn where the cops stay. You'll be good. It's what I do and I'm hopeful that I never get caught. Been pulled over 5 times no ticket. Caught after I preformed a street race 3 times, and told I'll be placed at the bottom of the jail and never drive again. There comes a time you learn to count your blessings, and follow the speed limit and obey the laws, they're not made to spoil fun, mainly to insure your safety and as everyone else's. Drive safe my friend, I don't wanna find myself pulling any of y'all over if our crosses ever meet, but I will stop you and won't let you go without a warning.
Our safety? Who you really need to be pullin over is those freakin idiots that cut people out and go 5-10 UNDER! Lol speed limits are set based on the driving tests of people with the lowest IQ and can still legally hold a drivers license. I back up all law enforcement officers tho. I know of they pull me over, %99 its just them doin there job.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmidas87 View Post
Our safety? Who you really need to be pullin over is those freakin idiots that cut people out and go 5-10 UNDER! Lol speed limits are set based on the driving tests of people with the lowest IQ and can still legally hold a drivers license. I back up all law enforcement officers tho. I know of they pull me over, %99 its just them doin there job.
As much as i would love to see it happen, cops can pull people over for going under the speed limit unless they are impeeding the flow of traffic. since its a speed LIMIT unless there is a sign (like on most interstates) that says a minimum speed.

though, i will say that there are some people who apparently think the speed limit is actually the minimum speed. lol

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #18
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
I thought they were just suggestions I didn't know they were actually laws.
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind

As much as i would love to see it happen, cops can pull people over for going under the speed limit unless they are impeeding the flow of traffic. since its a speed LIMIT unless there is a sign (like on most interstates) that says a minimum speed.

though, i will say that there are some people who apparently think the speed limit is actually the minimum speed. lol
Those white signs on the highway with the black numbers is the FASTEST ur supposed to go? No wonderrrrrrr!!!!!!!!
Hutchstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchstang View Post
Those white signs on the highway with the black numbers is the FASTEST ur supposed to go? No wonderrrrrrr!!!!!!!!
LMFAO i know right

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Eh some cops are good but half of them wanna ruin your life for fun and only care about the spotlight they get for 'catching a street racer' screw u every way they can to make themselves look best, and don't care about your life. Especially when a simple scary warning would be enough. Smh.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 06-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #22
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmidas87

You were the only one. And this still gets me also. You know it's the funniest thing but down here when your driving around se other cars, as soon as a deputy passes by other people will cut their speeds 10-15 mph.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang
Eh some cops are good but half of them wanna ruin your life for fun and only care about the spotlight they get for 'catching a street racer' screw u every way they can to make themselves look best, and don't care about your life. Especially when a simple scary warning would be enough. Smh.
Yeah more than half the badge will get to their head. I will try my best to be the best I can be and actually serve and protect, unlike the harassing self fulfilling ******* type cops that make you feel this small when they yell at you "."
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

You were the only one. And this still gets me also. You know it's the funniest thing but down here when your driving around se other cars, as soon as a deputy passes by other people will cut their speeds 10-15 mph.
I personally let the cop passed me and then follow them at whatever speed they are going. And if they are going less than 5 over I will pass them. Around where I live they will be 5 below the posted limit and still be in the left lane, so I would consider them an @$$.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Don't harass the police or you're just asking for it. Once your car is known by the local pd they will find everything in the world to pull you over for...

It's been several years since i've been pulled over or gotten a ticket. A big part of that is going out of my way to meet local officers and getting to know them. My cars all stick out like a sore thumb and they have let a few things slide because they all know that's the exception to my normal driving..
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Yeah more than half the badge will get to their head. I will try my best to be the best I can be and actually serve and protect, unlike the harassing self fulfilling ******* type cops that make you feel this small when they yell at you "."
Hey man we got your back. You gotta do what you gotta do. I'll be the first to admit I'm speeding, ya know? If a cop clocks me goin ten over, most likely I know I am so it's really stupid to blame it on "the down hill" or "my tires are over sized" lol like the other day my wife got pulled over in our mustang for our tint(5% all windows, 50% on the windshield with a 5% visor). The motorcycle officer(who most biker police are even bigger jerks) was actually pretty cool. He simply said, "I saw how dark the tint was and couldn't see in so it spooked me a little." he talked to her for a bit and said, "well, think you'll take this tiny off?" my wife said "it's my husbands car, so probably not". The officer responded, "ok, it doesn't matter to me, just go down to the justice court and they'll help you take care of the ticket". The fact he was cool, not aggressive and did his job without making my wife feel like an excaped convict, I was happy to pay the ticket I have gotten enough warnings for the tint I was due for an actual ticket anyway
Old 06-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I just posted a thread about a really cop who pulled me over at a gas station.

If I'm braking the law I deserve a ticket. But I hate it when cops pull you over for going 15 mph over the limit and act like you just escaped from prison robbed a bank and ran over a bunch of kids. Some of them take it WAY too seriously. Yes officer I know I was speeding I'm ready to accept the ticket why act like I'm a criminal. Same that for the drunk drivers.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Try to go to traffic school and get the point dropped it it's your first ticket they will usually let u

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:07 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Dakota

I generally don't speed....

Now, with that being said, I gotta tell y'all a story.

Back in 2009 I used to drive a contract mail route. I was driving a Ford E-350 that was governed at 70 MPH. I had that thing to the floor going just as fast as it could possibly go on a narrow 55 MPH back country oil road... no shoulder, just road and ditch. I crested a hill and got tagged by a deputy. I pulled over into an approach and waited for him to get there...

He walked up to the truck and I said "Yeah, I was speeding... I can only go 70. If it could go 90 I would have been going 90".

He asked me what the hell my hurry was and I said "My motorcycle has been in the shop for 3 weeks, it was only supposed to take 3 days. The shop owner called me today to tell me that my bike was done but his shop closes at 6pm and that he will be out of town for 10 days so if I can't get there before closing I can't get it for 2 more weeks"!!!

He asked "What kinda bike ya got"? I said "I have a 1986 Honda V65 Magna that is in 'almost' in showroom condition..." then I showed him a picture of it from my call phone...

and then he said............................... "It's 3 miles to highway 12. I'm going west. I know you are going east, so keep it at 55 until then and after that I don't care what you do... by the way, that is a damn nice bike".

No verbal warning, no written warning... Just a cool old dude that could appreciate my sense of urgency...
Old 06-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #29
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Don't harass the police or you're just asking for it. Once your car is known by the local pd they will find everything in the world to pull you over for...

It's been several years since i've been pulled over or gotten a ticket. A big part of that is going out of my way to meet local officers and getting to know them. My cars all stick out like a sore thumb and they have let a few things slide because they all know that's the exception to my normal driving..
+1
Old 06-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

It seems like to me for the most part, older generation cops actually care to help you, aren't so mean and power hungry, and don't wanna ruin your life so easily. The newer generation it's just all gone to their head. Their mean and they know they can be because what can we do about it? Small chance someone catches them and they get fired. It's our word against theirs. They don't care if they ruin people's lives and they can't get a job because of somethin on their record. Hell, I ate a snow cone and got pulled over and he accused me of doing drugs because my mouth was blue. Seriously? Good example: older generation cops come up on a party of 18-20 yr olds, they make them poor all their beer out and send them home. Newer generation arrests them all and gives the MIP's, MIC's, and whatever else they can nail them with.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 06-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #31
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Lotta times it depends on you act when you are pulled over. If you are all PO'd and have a snap with your answers to his questions, that's what will set them off. Then you get that hammer! You have to keep your cool no matter what is said to you. It's hard sometimes, but it's very important. Especially if the office sounds like he or she is PO'd at the start.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It helps that i work at a local police hang out, so we have conversations about things, and we will offer them freedrinks and what not. Theyve gotten to where they know my car so ive gotten away with speeding after work. I got pulled over once by one of our regulars, and when he saw my uniform, jokingly asked where his free drink was, we talked for a minute and then he let me off. I work at a sheetz by the way
ForsakenProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas

went 150mph one night, the next day i get pulled over for going 83 in a 65... karma? eh whatever lol better than what could've happened (no i wasn't racing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Defensive driving and it's off your record and doesn't affect your insurance.
you need to change that to Carroll Shelby in your sig.....

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Update. One of my Regulars at my work(Starbucks) is a cop and he's talking to the cop in the district I got my ticket in to see if we can get it dropped
Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #35
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbitdude
Update. One of my Regulars at my work(Starbucks) is a cop and he's talking to the cop in the district I got my ticket in to see if we can get it dropped
Wow,that would be cool. I'd be respectful driving around where he patrols to keep the good ties.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang