Anyone got a 65mm bbk for sale - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Anyone got a 65mm bbk for sale

Looking for one for my 2001 v6..

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac
Looking for one for my 2001 v6..
Throttle body *****
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Re: Anyone got a 65mm bbk for sale

i wouldn't bother with upgrading it unless you're pushing big boost, it's not a restriction till 400+ rwhp

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert
i wouldn't bother with upgrading it unless you're pushing big boost, it's not a restriction till 400+ rwhp
Bought one and the throttle body spacer and dynoed before and after seen about 12-16 hp increase.. And I like the sound..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
Bought one and the throttle body spacer and dynoed before and after seen about 12-16 hp increase.. And I like the sound..
You didn't see anything, please don't mislead other people into buying paper weights. My turbo car didn't see that much gain from a bbk throttle body. They are worthless mods. The windstar intake and 65mm throttle body barley sees a gain close to that and that is a COMPLETELY NEW UPPER INTAKE MANIFOLD.
ChrisTorres08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas

I'm confused so withing 2 days from asking where to get one, you bought it somehow had it to your house (overnight?) and dynoed the car twice?? Or are you going off someone with a gt's dyno graphs?

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Lol.

If you feel like wasting money go right ahead and buy one.

The windstar intake with a 65mm throttle body off of a 4.6 2V doesn't even see that much of a gain. With a whole new intake manifold, cai and the larger throttle body you see around 7hp peak.

And you can get all that for around $400 or you could spend a couple hundred (not sure what the bbk one goes for these days) for a throttle body that isn't going to do anything for you.
southfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert
I'm confused so withing 2 days from asking where to get one, you bought it somehow had it to your house (overnight?) and dynoed the car twice?? Or are you going off someone with a gt's dyno graphs?
Jeeze chill..

Considering my dad owns a Performance Auto's I could have my car dynoed 13 times with in the past day.. And I already have one because my dads higherd man let me try it out while they are putting a new motor in his 99.. And unless I gain that much from a cai.. I guess who knows ware it came from.. Because it was dynoed at stock and all I've done I'd cai tb spacer. TB. SD coil pack. So from them I've gained hp..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 06-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
Jeeze chill..

Considering my dad owns a Performance Auto's I could have my car dynoed 13 times with in the past day.. And I already have one because my dads higherd man let me try it out while they are putting a new motor in his 99.. And unless I gain that much from a cai.. I guess who knows ware it came from.. Because it was dynoed at stock and all I've done I'd cai tb spacer. TB. SD coil pack. So from them I've gained hp..
Would you mind posting the graph with the two different dyno's plotted?
ChrisTorres08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang