Need help getting my pony in shape!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #1

Region: Pennsylvania
Need help getting my pony in shape!!

Ladies and Gentleman,
This is officially my first post!!!Thank you for taking the time to look. What I have here is a '99 black v6 about 122K miles on it. I bought it from some weasel just about a year ago and the power steering was shot two weeks later. Also, dent on the driver and driver rear quarter panel. I've tried getting rid of it but just haven't been able to so I decided that this will be the mustang that I put money into and fix up, which is what I've always wanted. Right now I know I need to get a new rack, tie end rods, return hose, and pressure hose. However, after it's up and running again, what can I do to make it the BEAST I want it to be. I'm not selling it and I'm not opting for a GT so what are my options as far as MODS are concerned. Inside I have no idea however, outside I have my ideas on what I want it to look like. I also want to add dual exhaust, new calipers, and NEW TIRES because the set he had are HORRIBLE. What are staggered wheels? which ones should I go for and where should I get to make my '99 look excellent I saw a listing from @Topless04GT selling his shelby wheels which are staggered and those are right down the alley of what I am looking for. Anyway, any help is GREATLY appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0298.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	56490   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0297.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	977.4 KB
ID:	56491  

Name:	IMG_0292.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	56492   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0291.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	56493  

Name:	IMG_0290.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	56494   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0289.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	56495  

Name:	IMG_0288.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	56496   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0123.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	546.7 KB
ID:	56497  

Name:	IMG_0075.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	56498  
1nkred1ble is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #2

Re: Need help getting my pony in shape!!

sorry for the side pics it's not like that on my comp
Old 06-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Welcome to the forum!
Ok I'm going to try to answer all your questions in a giant sum.

MODS:
#1 thing is to buy a tuner (preferably a handheld as it has way more benefits): this will help improve gains off of any other mods as well. ($550 for handheld on AmericanMuscle.com)
#2 intake: depending on your economic standpoint choose which ones fit your budget and slowly add. These include a cold air intake (they are all the exact same!: $70 on Americanmuscle.com), throttle body, Plenum, and possibly a throttle body spacer.
#3 exhaust: depending on if you plan on having your car pass emissions (if you care, many here don't and it is possible to find people that will pass it). If you don't care and looking for the most mods, go with stainless steel long tube headers, off-road h pipe, and I personally like Mac mufflers but many here like the flowmaster 40s for v6.
#4 gearing: I personally like 3.73 gears because it is a perfect balance for drivability. Also add in a traction lock or positive lock to get both wheels to have power (v6 only spin one tire stock)
#5 big bucks!: if you have lots of money for mods, look into getting your engine bored or a stroker kit. Get new intake manifold and new heads and cams, ect. Then look to add nitrous or even a supercharger or turbocharger. You can add nitrous as it is now but on a v6 with 122k mile stock internals I wouldn't recommend it.

Staggered wheels just means that the rears are wider than the front. Lets say that the front wheel is a 17x9 with a 255/40r17 tire and the rear wheel is a 17x10.5 with a 315/35r17. This makes the rear end look very beefy as it fills up the fender space nicely. If you like drag style wheels then look at 2003 cobras or deep dish cobras on AmericanMuscle.com. if you like sportier look, many like the fr500 wheels also on AM. if your into drift style, look into AMR wheels at AM.
-The wheels I suggested are just some that I like. We all have our own opinions on sizes and styles. Pick the one that fits you and don't worry what others think! Everyone will love or hate parts of everything and it is important that you like it!

Fyi those are stock v6 mustang wheels and tires without the pony center cap.

Calipers you don't need to change unless they are broken. Just clean them real good and use duplicolor caliper paint.

For the dents, they have dent remover kits that I have no experience with. For my advice, go to a body shop and get quotes from several and ask them about the dent remover kits. Don't lean more towards one shop or another because of a friend referral. Find prices that fit your budget and also possibly look for a warranty if that is possible.

Exterior wise, I would lower it (4 springs, 2 shocks, 2 struts, pair of caster camber plates) and then change to smoked headlights and tail lights to match the black. Throw in a hid kit in the headlights to make it bright at night. Tint your windows if they aren't and once again shop around. I got mine for $100 with warranty. On the rear window, if you have the little black dots at the top as a shade sort of thjng, tell them to stop before them and it will look a lot better. If you want body kits, I personally like the roush front bumper or 99-01 cobra front bumper, 03-04 cobra rear bumper, saleen spoiler, 3" cowl hood, ect. Don't be afraid to mix parts together for a unique look.

Hope this helps a lot and any questions I will try to answer! Once again, welcome to the forum! And nice pony!!
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict View Post
Welcome to the forum!

MODS:
#1 thing is to buy a tuner (preferably a handheld as it has way more benefits): this will help improve gains off of any other mods as well. ($550 for handheld on AmericanMuscle.com)
#2 intake: depending on your economic standpoint choose which ones fit your budget and slowly add. These include a cold air intake (they are all the exact same!: $70 on Americanmuscle.com), throttle body, Plenum, and possibly a throttle body spacer.
#3 exhaust: depending on if you plan on having your car pass emissions (if you care, many here don't and it is possible to find people that will pass it). If you don't care and looking for the most mods, go with stainless steel long tube headers, off-road h pipe, and I personally like Mac mufflers but many here like the flowmaster 40s for v6.
#4 gearing: I personally like 3.73 gears because it is a perfect balance for drivability. Also add in a traction lock or positive lock to get both wheels to have power (v6 only spin one tire stock)
#5 big bucks!: if you have lots of money for mods, look into getting your engine bored or a stroker kit. Get new intake manifold and new heads and cams, ect. Then look to add nitrous or even a supercharger or turbocharger. You can add nitrous as it is now but on a v6 with 122k mile stock internals I wouldn't recommend it.

Staggered wheels just means that the rears are wider than the front. Lets say that the front wheel is a 17x9 with a 255/40r17 tire and the rear wheel is a 17x10.5 with a 315/35r17. This makes the rear end look very beefy as it fills up the fender space nicely. If you like drag style wheels then look at 2003 cobras or deep dish cobras on AmericanMuscle.com. if you like sportier look, many like the fr500 wheels also on AM. if your into drift style, look into AMR wheels at AM.
-The wheels I suggested are just some that I like. We all have our own opinions on sizes and styles. Pick the one that fits you and don't worry what others think! Everyone will love or hate parts of everything and it is important that you like it!

Calipers you don't need to change unless they are broken. Just clean them real good and use duplicolor caliper paint.

For the dents, they have dent remover kits that I have no experience with. For my advice, go to a body shop and get quotes from several and ask them about the dent remover kits. Don't lean more towards one shop or another because of a friend referral. Find prices that fit your budget and also possibly look for a warranty if that is possible.

Exterior wise, I would lower it (4 springs, 2 shocks, 2 struts, pair of caster camber plates) and then change to smoked headlights and tail lights to match the black. Throw in a hid kit in the headlights to make it bright at night. Tint your windows if they aren't and once again shop around. I got mine for $100 with warranty. On the rear window, if you have the little black dots at the top as a shade sort of thjng, tell them to stop before them and it will look a lot better. If you want body kits, I personally like the roush front bumper or 99-01 cobra front bumper, 03-04 cobra rear bumper, saleen spoiler, 3" cowl hood, ect. Don't be afraid to mix parts together for a unique look.

Hope this helps a lot and any questions I will try to answer! Once again, welcome to the forum! And nice pony!!
Thank you for the welcome and pointing me in the right direction with the generous advice! I appreciate it!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nkred1ble

Thank you for the welcome and pointing me in the right direction with the generous advice! I appreciate it!
No problem! I would love to answer any questions and watch your pony grow into your creation! Any stories and photos are welcome here. We all enjoy viewing them and giving complements haha
Old 06-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Good Info FordAddict.
I agree with him.
But personally, start planning NOW before you buy anything so in the end u arnt throwing away parts you don't need anymore because of parts that won't work with it, like if u want a turbo u can run duals u have to run the Y pipe for example.

So sit down and get some plans and post them
Up and most anyone on this forum will be glad to help!
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx View Post
Good Info FordAddict.
I agree with him.
But personally, start planning NOW before you buy anything so in the end u arnt throwing away parts you don't need anymore because of parts that won't work with it, like if u want a turbo u can run duals u have to run the Y pipe for example.

So sit down and get some plans and post them
Up and most anyone on this forum will be glad to help!
Learn something new everyday. I didn't know I would need specific exhaust pipes if I wanted to do a turbo. Turbo is definitely something I'm interested in getting done. However, it will be one of the last additions seeing as how its going to cost a couple grand for the part alone and also having to pay to get it installed would cost more. I also don't really have a working relationship with any mechanics in Philly so it's more so touch and go with trying to figure that out right now. However, as far as the internal mods were concerned I would be starting out with the tuner, the gears, the throttle body, and throttle body spacer. I also don't know if either of you guys saw from the pics but I do already have a cold air intake from the last guy. should I get a new one or am I good with what I have? Right now I want to work from the inside out. and when I get to the outside get the paint done right add a new hood silver race striped halo lighting (smoked) and maybe sequential for the tails. Front bumper I might actually go with a Cobra bumper not really a fan of the bumper kits that hang really low to the ground
Old 06-26-2012, 02:48 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I'm a fan of k&n
Btw here's ideas for stripes
My car:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3261615725.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	56513   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-775222833.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	56514  

Name:	image-3469180772.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	56515  
Old 06-26-2012, 05:44 AM   #9

thats exactly what i'm going for!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

welcome man to site and to our sixxer family. good choice of color too . anyways like stated above, plan out what u wana do to ur car before u start purchasing. when i got my car a year ago it looked like crap, so the 1st thing i did was work on looks. its all up to u though, and make sure to keep us informed on any changes u might do or plan on making. if u got any ?'s , feel free to ask any of us.

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

If I had planned things out there would be a few things I wouldn't have gotten.
1. A tuning chip, get the tuner, hate my chip
2. Different CAI
So far everything I've bought I'm pretty happy with.
Oh, exhaust I would say needs to be your first mod.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Gear
Exhaust
Tuner
Intake
Tlock
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Here's my advice: take it how you want.
1st I'd get little things for the exterior.I bought colored letters to put into the "mustang" on the rear bumper. It looks real clean. Then I got some halo led headlights. The stickers were about 15$ and the headlights 150$. I used eBay. Then I got some nice window tint.
Then I decided to move onto the performance.
1st I got a new exhaust system cause I hated the Stock setup. I went to a local muffler shop and got an h pipe with flowmaster 40. That ran me 285$. It sounds beast. Then I decided to go with a cold air intake. I'm broke as anything so I bought a cheap on off eBay 36$. An intake is an intake so this works fine. However the filter on the.cheap eBay one is sketchy so I bought a K&N air filter. Next I'm buying an eibach lowering kit to drop my pony about 2". And that's about it
I'm not pouring in a bunch of money with other things because to me it's just not worth it. I'm just a daily driver and we do have sixers so I'm not about to spend alot of money so I can have 30 extra horses.
So that's my advice. Goodluck to you
Spencerb102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I think Fordaddict nailed it. The most important thing is to plan it all out now then it will go together better and possibly skip a few gang ups. Tuner is a great starter cuz it will make a difference when you get it and it will max out performance on every mod you do after that. Lowering it makes a HUGE difference in handling and looks! Hey Fordaddict, question, are those the Raxiom headlights in your profile pic? And are you runnin HIDs in those?
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmidas87
I think Fordaddict nailed it. The most important thing is to plan it all out now then it will go together better and possibly skip a few gang ups. Tuner is a great starter cuz it will make a difference when you get it and it will max out performance on every mod you do after that. Lowering it makes a HUGE difference in handling and looks! Hey Fordaddict, question, are those the Raxiom headlights in your profile pic? And are you runnin HIDs in those?
They're ones from spec d tuning but basically the same. I wanted clear lenses with black housing and raxiom has blacked lenses. I don't think you can run hids unless they're Shorties. Look on Craigslist and see if someone will do hid kits in your area. If so take them the halos and see if they can do it.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #16
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict
Welcome to the forum!

MODS:

What is a plenum? I was thinking of purchasing a 65mm tb and the airaid spacer should it be an okay upgrade?? I already have CAI.
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac

What is a plenum? I was thinking of purchasing a 65mm tb and the airaid spacer should it be an okay upgrade?? I already have CAI.
The Plenum is the part that comes after the throttle body. It is basically the pathway between the intake manifold and TB. By increasing the air intake, and TB, then using the stock Plenum, you are constricting the air as it flows.

Oops, I can only find them for GTs. The 65 mm should be fine with the stock v6 Plenum.

I've been looking at gt parts so I was thinking about the 70 and 75mm TBs which need a bigger Plenum.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencerb102 View Post
Here's my advice: take it how you want.
1st I'd get little things for the exterior.I bought colored letters to put into the "mustang" on the rear bumper. It looks real clean. Then I got some halo led headlights. The stickers were about 15$ and the headlights 150$. I used eBay. Then I got some nice window tint.
Then I decided to move onto the performance.
1st I got a new exhaust system cause I hated the Stock setup. I went to a local muffler shop and got an h pipe with flowmaster 40. That ran me 285$. It sounds beast. Then I decided to go with a cold air intake. I'm broke as anything so I bought a cheap on off eBay 36$. An intake is an intake so this works fine. However the filter on the.cheap eBay one is sketchy so I bought a K&N air filter. Next I'm buying an eibach lowering kit to drop my pony about 2". And that's about it
I'm not pouring in a bunch of money with other things because to me it's just not worth it. I'm just a daily driver and we do have sixers so I'm not about to spend alot of money so I can have 30 extra horses.
So that's my advice. Goodluck to you
The more I think about it the exterior should be done first.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The more I think about it the exterior should be done first.
What's ur scheme for the exterior or idea?
Old 06-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #20

Are there any gt parts that can fit a v6? saw an exhaust but said it was for GT
Old 06-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are there any gt parts that can fit a v6? saw an exhaust but said it was for GT
The GT piping is 2.5"
While a v6 is 2.25 you could buy a GT cat back and have an exhaust shop make u a mid pipe that would go from 2.25 to 2.5 and then bolt up the Catback, but I'd just get it all done at the exhaust shop it costs as much to buy a cat back if not more then to have an exhaust shop make one and install it
Old 06-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #22

Quote:
What's ur scheme for the exterior or idea?
I want a black/ grey theme. Staggered matte black wheels. Racing Stripe. New coat of paint and was possibly thinking of getting the silver shavings in the paint. I want to get caliper covers (black or grey) I want to get a new hood either Mach I,II,orIII air hood. I want to replace the front bumper I have add a cobra bumper. I want smoked Halo lighting and sequential tail lighting
Old 06-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I want a black/ grey theme. Staggered matte black wheels. Racing Stripe. New coat of paint and was possibly thinking of getting the silver shavings in the paint. I want to get caliper covers (black or grey) I want to get a new hood either Mach I,II,orIII air hood. I want to replace the front bumper I have add a cobra bumper. I want smoked Halo lighting and sequential tail lighting
Like shadow grey and black? The dark grey the 04s had?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Like shadow grey and black? The dark grey the 04s had?
exactly a shadow or wolf grey i'm actually still debating I know I just didnt want to go with red figured it would be too obvious to go with that. plus I believe the grey would be better...

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Quote:
The GT piping is 2.5"
While a v6 is 2.25 you could buy a GT cat back and have an exhaust shop make u a mid pipe that would go from 2.25 to 2.5 and then bolt up the Catback, but I'd just get it all done at the exhaust shop it costs as much to buy a cat back if not more then to have an exhaust shop make one and install it
Thanks for the info I guess I need to find an exhaust shop around here somewhere

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Next question.
I have done a bit of research about getting a car painted and one thing that seems universal is if you do the prep work the price is cheaper. So anybody know how to strip the paint off of the car?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
exactly a shadow or wolf grey i'm actually still debating I know I just didnt want to go with red figured it would be too obvious to go with that. plus I believe the grey would be better...

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Thanks for the info I guess I need to find an exhaust shop around here somewhere

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Next question.
I have done a bit of research about getting a car painted and one thing that seems universal is if you do the prep work the price is cheaper. So anybody know how to strip the paint off of the car?
Ur not gonna believe you wen I tell you.
Maaco did my paint job, a few small paint bubbles, very small, here and there and they did a wonderful job and just painted over the existing coat, they sanded it down a little, but not much.
They did utherane paint(which is flat with out a clear coat) and then a utherane clear coat.
Specify what you want don't and that you want it done right. Pick the stripe color to be a ford color so u can always match it easy. I love my paint, cost me 1500 for paint, 500 to fix a door and dings(majority the door someone backe into it.)

I also knew that my mothers company sends company cars here so have have to do a quality job. I'm very pleased.
Look at all their options when you go into the story.
They have an option where it's like getting factory paint again(the most expensive 5 year warranty, I have 4 year)
Old 06-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Ur not gonna believe you wen I tell you.
Maaco did my paint job, a few small paint bubbles, very small, here and there and they did a wonderful job and just painted over the existing coat, they sanded it down a little, but not much.
They did utherane paint(which is flat with out a clear coat) and then a utherane clear coat.
Specify what you want don't and that you want it done right. Pick the stripe color to be a ford color so u can always match it easy. I love my paint, cost me 1500 for paint, 500 to fix a door and dings(majority the door someone backe into it.)

I also knew that my mothers company sends company cars here so have have to do a quality job. I'm very pleased.
Look at all their options when you go into the story.
They have an option where it's like getting factory paint again(the most expensive 5 year warranty, I have 4 year)
really? i'll definitely take it down there and have them look at it because i'm just getting it black...Maybe add the silver shavings. Cant wait to have the paint and exterior in tip top shape.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

really? i'll definitely take it down there and have them look at it because i'm just getting it black...Maybe add the silver shavings. Cant wait to have the paint and exterior in tip top shape.
I love it. My stripes are painted on, I may be biased but go ahead and get them painted on. It's like an extra 250 for racing stripes and 100 for side stripes.
They had never done side stripes before an they came out beautiful.
I love my fresh paint.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

The GT piping is 2.5"
When I had an x pipe and cat back it was 2.5" piping on my v6. What I would do is buy a h pipe adapter made for the v6 then you can add the gt cat back. Or get a shop to make an o/r one which will sound a lot better. Many parts don't fit a gt to v6 except for basic things like springs, shocks and struts, exterior and stuff of that nature. On AmericanMuscle they tell you what vehicles the part will fit and if there are fitment questions then give them a call.

As for paint, maaco can do a good job! They spend very minimal time prepping which is why some come out bad. I painted my rear bumper using a spray can and it came out good (see pics)

I used a mix of dual action orbital sander and wet hand sanding.

180 da sanding to knock stuff off quick
220 wet sand to get most stuff smooth for primer
You can primer it yourself using a spray can as it gets sanded down anyways
320 wet sand primer
Use bondo body filler and putty glaze to get rid of any lows or scratches ect.
600 when primer is done and ready for paint. This is the step that everything is smooth and basically how you like it (without the color of course)

Name:	ForumRunner_20120626_214959.png
Views:	113
Size:	327.1 KB
ID:	56607

Name:	ForumRunner_20120626_215015.png
Views:	115
Size:	393.5 KB
ID:	56608

Name:	ForumRunner_20120626_215029.png
Views:	117
Size:	354.3 KB
ID:	56609

Name:	ForumRunner_20120626_215038.png
Views:	113
Size:	528.5 KB
ID:	56610

Name:	ForumRunner_20120626_215050.png
Views:	109
Size:	350.7 KB
ID:	56611

Name:	ForumRunner_20120626_215059.png
Views:	96
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	56612

Name:	ForumRunner_20120626_215110.png
Views:	130
Size:	508.6 KB
ID:	56613

Name:	ForumRunner_20120626_215119.png
Views:	118
Size:	402.9 KB
ID:	56614
Old 06-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

When I had an x pipe and cat back it was 2.5" piping on my v6. What I would do is buy a h pipe adapter made for the v6 then you can add the gt cat back. Or get a shop to make an o/r one which will sound a lot better. Many parts don't fit a gt to v6 except for basic things like springs, shocks and struts, exterior and stuff of that nature. On AmericanMuscle they tell you what vehicles the part will fit and if there are fitment questions then give them a call.

As for paint, maaco can do a good job! They spend very minimal time prepping which is why some come out bad. I painted my rear bumper using a spray can and it came out good (see pics)

I used a mix of dual action orbital sander and wet hand sanding.

180 da sanding to knock stuff off quick
220 wet sand to get most stuff smooth for primer
You can primer it yourself using a spray can as it gets sanded down anyways
320 wet sand primer
Use bondo body filler and putty glaze to get rid of any lows or scratches ect.
600 when primer is done and ready for paint. This is the step that everything is smooth and basically how you like it (without the color of course)
I cleaned my car before I took it in, and then they sanded a little to give the new paint something to stick to. And I gotta say, it looks amazing and holding up well
Old 06-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I cleaned my car before I took it in, and then they sanded a little to give the new paint something to stick to. And I gotta say, it looks amazing and holding up well
Do they give warranty? I have a local shop that is amazing and when I was going to paint my 6 (before I decided I wanted to build a gt for my local drag) they said if I have it prepped and no door jams had to be sprayed they could do 600-800 for black or 700-900 for red. Obviously neither of these have stripes included. Plus it has a 4 year warranty.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #31

Quote:
I love it. My stripes are painted on, I may be biased but go ahead and get them painted on. It's like an extra 250 for racing stripes and 100 for side stripes.
They had never done side stripes before an they came out beautiful.
I love my fresh paint.
Definitely the blue is amazing on your stang
Old 06-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Definitely the blue is amazing on your stang
+1

Is that grabber blue?
Old 06-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict View Post
Do they give warranty? I have a local shop that is amazing and when I was going to paint my 6 (before I decided I wanted to build a gt for my local drag) they said if I have it prepped and no door jams had to be sprayed they could do 600-800 for black or 700-900 for red. Obviously neither of these have stripes included. Plus it has a 4 year warranty.
Sounds great Thank you both i'll be out this weekend doing my research
Old 06-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Yes they do give a warrenty

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote:

+1

Is that grabber blue?
Yes it's GB
Old 06-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Yes they do give a warrenty

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Yes it's GB
That's good lookin bro. I wanna get my blacky resprayed and was thinkin of doin some accent stripes.
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang