Pace Setter shorty headers? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #1

Region: Maryland
Pace Setter shorty headers?

I found some headers on Summit Racing's page the Performance 70-1077 headers to be exact by Pace Setter. They're only an 1 1/2 compared to BBK's 1 5/8, can anyone tell me if the power gains would be drastically different? or if they would be relatively the same? They're a lot cheaper and I'm livin' on college kid money so if they make the same power, and are reliable for cheaper I'll take 'em
currambero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by currambero13
I found some headers on Summit Racing's page the Performance 70-1077 headers to be exact by Pace Setter. They're only an 1 1/2 compared to BBK's 1 5/8, can anyone tell me if the power gains would be drastically different? or if they would be relatively the same? They're a lot cheaper and I'm livin' on college kid money so if they make the same power, and are reliable for cheaper I'll take 'em
Basically everyone here is going to say to not waste you're time an money on shortys and it's basically true. I've never tried pacesetter but I knw they sell the longtubes so get those instead
Old 06-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I got them to change cause mine were cracked but cheap on eBay. Longtube for sound and power
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
The only thing good about shorty headers are that the can be put on the engine when it out of the vehicle. People that are rebuilding their car get shorts so that they can put them on and lower the engine into the car. There is really no gain. Longtubes are a hassle to put in but they will tack on a few horses and they will sound alot better than with the stock exhaust manifold. Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

But yea pacesetter is a fine brand
Spencerb102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Dakota
I got pacesetter shorties NIB from a kids at work for $50. Otherwise I would have gotten longtubes
Old 06-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #6

Re: Pace Setter shorty headers?

It's an everyday driver so I'm not looking for optimum performance but will shortys still ad some power?...and I'm looking into an x pipe after the headers
currambero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
x pipes dont sound good on our sixxers. at least thats my opinion, i dont wana get bashed . and it will add some power, otherwise it'd be useless and pointless to make shorty's. u wouldnt want to just buy some longtubes?

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
From what I hear Shortys are almost not worth the investment cuz the stockers are basically Shortys. The long tubes are really where it's at if you have the patience to save up for em. From what everyone says the x-pipes are more "raspy" and h-pipes have deeper tone. They prob flow the same so in this case most people would suggest the H-pipe. They're also less expensive.
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Re: Pace Setter shorty headers?

if you really want shorty headers just get some from a 94-98 model V6 they had factory "headers" compared to our log style manifolds but honestly it's not worth it even if your manifold is broken you can have it re-welded cheaper than replacing

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang