Turbo Help - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Yes you can use stock headers gonna have to swap sides and plug the vac line coming off of the right one.. 24 lbs injectors and a fuel pump out a SVT focus .. I also have a GT rear end 355 gears with tlock

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

And the tune I didn't for awhile didn't seem to mess up anything but once I did I could tell the difference
mustangg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: Turbo Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangg2000 View Post
I agree turbo are a lot of work to put on our sixxers but not impossible .. Honestly I created my own turbo kit .. 94-98 shorty headers reversed them actually cut the y pipe off the sixxers and fabd it up to connect the headers to the turbo .. My turbo came off a 2.3 turbo coupe mustang its was set boost at 5-9 tops didnt want to mess up any thing ..ran the exhaust by the pass side of the engine it splits off into duals as far as cooling I picked up a inter cooler system off a dodge SRT4 neon .. Oil feed and return picked up an adapter that screwed on between oil filter and engine that was designed for the Cougar the lines i chose was the steel woven with aluminum fittings Also have a windstar intake .. that I pulled off a 97 ford windstar fabd up all brackets out of 1/8 inch sheet metal to relocate coil pack and throttle cables so basically if you got the time and money and a but of skill or know someone to feed off that 600 dollar Craigslist kit as long as you don't over boost your stock engine ull do fine with a good tune.. Stock engine can only handle an 11 lb boost max but idk for how long wouldnt even try it tops I ever had mine at was 7 or 8 ... I have a manual dial nothing fancy all cost efficient it was my goal and as long as I owned the car I never had a problem with it but I didn't just try to dog the **** out my 01 .. I sold it and now have a 00 that I plan in doing the same thing to or putting a 5.0 in
I assume you have pictures of this?
ChrisTorres08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Yes pics would be amazing! Give me an idea of what it should look like. So did you just do the tuner thru AM?
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

No have a turner shop in my town .. And no sadly i don't have any pictures any more this was all on my old 01 mustang I sold a few years ago as I stated in my first post .. I wish I did only one I could find was of the car the appearance ..I got to missing my old 01 so I found a 00 at a good price and bought this one only have had this one a few months
Old 07-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Well that kit sounds like something I'll try did you service the turbo when you got it?
Old 07-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I just checked it out to make sure the bearings and shaft was good and that everything was golden .. The guy said it he had just rebuilt it when I bought the turbo and showed me working in his 86 mustang 2.3 we pulled it off and i took it home ..but I only trust me and my buddy when it comes to mechanical work.. So I pulled it all apart and clean and nice ..
Old 07-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

no pics huh....

So how much power did that build make?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I said fella .. And don't care if you don't believe me.. Not on here to blow smoke just to pass on knowledge... Never had her on a dyno so not sure .. The turbo was just the cherry my heads and lower was self P&P did them in school Guess its hard to believe that i went to school for two years for auto collision and engine repair as well huh...
Old 07-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangg2000
That's what I said fella .. And don't care if you don't believe me.. Not on here to blow smoke just to pass on knowledge... Never had her on a dyno so not sure .. The turbo was just the cherry my heads and lower was self P&P did them in school Guess its hard to believe that i went to school for two years for auto collision and engine repair as well huh...
Lol getting a little testy are we? All he did was ask for pictures.
southfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Not testy it's the way he said it the second time guy.. I wasn't trying to offend anyone ..just telling the OP how he could do another route if he wanted.. But any who I did go look and see if I could find any pictures but as I said only could find ones of the body work .. I'll keep digging tho...
Old 07-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmm I'm lookin around for one of those 2.3 turbos to get me started but it seems everyone who is selling em thinks they're made of solid gold! Lol
Old 07-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Yup I seen one go for 1500 on eBay I was like holy hell I only paid 200 for mine I realize I could have got a big one for that price but i wanted a little one and it's a Ford OEM so I knew it was strong... But Dodge Stealth, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talons, these kinda little cars that came with turbo would be a decent set up as well
Old 07-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I was lookin at some of those as well. Found a guy wanting to sell a turbo 2.3, whole motor, for 500 outta his sand rail. But sand+turbos= disaster! So I'm really picky where I'd get one from. But there is a guy down in Vegas who'd sell his turbo from a 2.3 conversion he was doing to his stang for 200 I think so I'll look into that. I don't know enough about turbos to tear em down and check em out
Old 07-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Just do a bit of research on it .. Mostly you'd be looking to make sure no wobble in the fans and shaft when spun make sure it spins free no force no noises when spin check seals make sure no carbon build around any seals or bolts etc.. But that sounds cool .. And your right sand and turbo sounds like bad mix...
Old 07-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

K cool I'll look around
Old 07-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I wouldn't waste the time looking for a 2.3 turbo..... You need a bit more turbo than that to feed a 3.8L v6 properly.

And yes I tend to ask for pictures, lots of smoke blowers out int he world. I know I take pics of everything I do with my car but that's just me. Especially if I were to build a 1 off custom turbo kit.

But you apparently didn't make much power at all if you had H/C/I and turbo and only 24lb injectors. (which is back to my point don't waste time looking for a 2.3 tubo)
Old 07-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

I never said I didn't take them I just don't have them now .. And I never said for anyone to get that exact turbo or one off of a 2.3 .. It's what I did cause it was all available to me at the time .. That turbo will produce 15 lbs of boost more than plenty for a 3.8 .. Considering 11 lbs of boost all it can handle at a max with stock internals.. And not a constant 11 lbs at that ... But to each and there on ..

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

And it wasn't a drag car only a fun toy.. ..made plenty on power
Old 07-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangg2000 View Post
I never said I didn't take them I just don't have them now .. And I never said for anyone to get that exact turbo or one off of a 2.3 .. It's what I did cause it was all available to me at the time .. That turbo will produce 15 lbs of boost more than plenty for a 3.8 .. Considering 11 lbs of boost all it can handle at a max with stock internals.. And not a constant 11 lbs at that ... But to each and there on ..

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

And it wasn't a drag car only a fun toy.. ..made plenty on power
Actually boost is not a good way to describe it. Boost is just a measure of restriction, the real way to say it would be about 350rwhp on stock internals. Because 11psi on t25 and 11psi on a 6765 precision turbo are going to be TOTALLY different.

Also you can't really make "plenty" of power with 6 24lb fuel injectors ... Do you know what that maxes out at unless you were running them over Max IDC or some weird FRP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang