Gas milage gains with tuner? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Gas milage gains with tuner?

Honking about getting the Bama handheld runner form AM but more looking for gass milage gains do you guys seen and gains?

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Wow I butchered that.. Looking for a tunner.. Want to increase my gass milage before college what do you guys recommend?
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Gas milage gains with tuner?

generally tunes only modify WOT parts of the car so normal driving really isnt modified at all. Some simply say it will help without actually changing anything for the normal driving setup but who knows.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Re: Gas milage gains with tuner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
Honking about getting the Bama handheld runner form AM but more looking for gass milage gains do you guys seen and gains?

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Wow I butchered that.. Looking for a tunner.. Want to increase my gass milage before college what do you guys recommend?


sixpac,

A handheld SCT device will defiantly help you in a lot of ways, gas mileage being one of them.

They are mainly used to help let the ECU know what kind of modifications have been made to your vehicle. However with JUST a tune, we have seen gains of 25+ RWHP & a gain of about 2-3 MPG.

The more Air & fuel you being to add the better off you will be!

I hope this helps, if you have any questions, Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 10AM-3PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

- Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

sixpac,

A handheld SCT device will defiantly help you in a lot of ways, gas mileage being one of them.

They are mainly used to help let the ECU know what kind of modifications have been made to your vehicle. However with JUST a tune, we have seen gains of 25+ RWHP & a gain of about 2-3 MPG.

The more Air & fuel you being to add the better off you will be!

I hope this helps, if you have any questions, Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 10AM-3PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

- Dan
l
Well I already have a CAI and was thing about getting the screaming demond coil pack and airaid throttle body spacer..
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Re: Gas milage gains with tuner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
l
Well I already have a CAI and was thing about getting the screaming demond coil pack and airaid throttle body spacer..

sixpac,

Great, you will defiantly benefit from a Tuner. The farther you go into modifying your car the more you will benefit from the device. When the car gets more air & fuel, the device will let the ECU know whats going on, which will help with your gas mileage!

- Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #6
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

sixpac,

Great, you will defiantly benefit from a Tuner. The farther you go into modifying your car the more you will benefit from the device. When the car gets more air & fuel, the device will let the ECU know whats going on, which will help with your gas mileage!

- Dan
Souls I buy the coil and tb spacer first or the tuner?
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
Buy tuner
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kingmidas87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 621
Yeah I would say tuner as well. It has so many benefits right of the bat and they give you three tunes to play with
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:42 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
Re: Gas milage gains with tuner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
Should I buy the coil and tb spacer first or the tuner?
both paperweights, get a tuner or throw away the money...

and as to the thread, my mileage went down after the bama tune, it was running a 11.5 A/F ratio on WOT and rich on every other aspect, if you get lucky and they do it right you'll keep the same mileage..

(and to paraphrase something Doug from the Bama team said, "the economy tune is a myth, most cars already run at optimal AFR")
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Mines worse but prolly cuz I'm on 93 race tune and can't keep my foot out of it, its so fun
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
Re: Gas milage gains with tuner?

V6 stang, will you please change that in your sig it's kinda annoying... it should be Carroll Shelby not Henry Ford..
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kingmidas87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert

both paperweights, get a tuner or throw away the money...

and as to the thread, my mileage went down after the bama tune, it was running a 11.5 A/F ratio on WOT and rich on every other aspect, if you get lucky and they do it right you'll keep the same mileage..

(and to paraphrase something Doug from the Bama team said, "the economy tune is a myth, most cars already run at optimal AFR")
Yeah generally more power means you're throwing more fuel at it do less mileage but with a little power and better drivability I say it's worth it.
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert
V6 stang, will you please change that in your sig it's kinda annoying... it should be Carroll Shelby not Henry Ford..
I'm always on my phone so I never see it nor can change it.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:18 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.