Would it make sense??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Would it make sense???

Everybody seems to go with the same route for their 6ers as far as performance modifications go. CAI, exhaust, tuner, and maybe a bit of engine work, exc. Well I'm thinking about how to make everything more effecient rather than try to add power because these 3.8's aren't exactly something you put up big hp numbers with(and I have no problem with that.) My point is I may end up putting more into the transmission rather than just boltons for the engine with minimal gains. I've been researching 4r70w's and they have a potential and the aftermarket to make them bullet proof. So I was thinking new torque converter, revised valve body, and a deep pan and trans cooler to keep everything healthy when everything is said and done. I do know my way around a transmission even though I'm only a senior in highschool. So I'm not trying to add hp but I am trying to get it to the ground. Any input would be awesome, thanks
Dantheman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I like your idea but spending so much into that is a waste. Build the motor then go with your idea. I done a Jmod and going to get a tranny cooler. I done bolt on the best way to build these cars are. Tires,gears,Tlock,lca,spring. Then you have a base to build your car where u want it to be
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
To add to that any weight you lose takes strain off your motor. I would suggest an aluminum flywheel( I installed this and glad I did. It made my car feel like 300lbs lighter) and aluminum drive shaft.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

But you have an auto so see if you can get an aluminum flex plate. Efficiency is just making it so the motor doesn't have to work as hard, right? So lighten up! Lol don't carry anything in your car you don't have to, 35psi, a good quality CAI teamed up with a complete free flowing exhaust, married with a tune will do a lot for your motor. Plus those tuners do wonders for auto trannys. Lowering springs may help with your drag coefficient( I don't really know, just throwing out ideas. I'm sure someone will jump on and correct me). As far as gear I think stock gearing is already pretty efficient, right?
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
No for a auto a 4:10 gears is great but depends on what your future plans are. At least 3.73 will work wonders
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Would it make sense???

with your way of thinking start with the rear in first op...
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang