Transmission price - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Transmission price

I've been thinking lately(scary when that happens) I want to have a manual transmission car and soon i am going to need a rebuild on my tranny. Do you guys think it would be more money to rebuild it or to buy a manual tranny and the needed parts and do a swap?
Dogbitdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbitdude
I've been thinking lately(scary when that happens) I want to have a manual transmission car and soon i am going to need a rebuild on my tranny. Do you guys think it would be more money to rebuild it or to buy a manual tranny and the needed parts and do a swap?
Probably a little bit more to go with a new tranny.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I found a guy who is selling a manual one for 500 and he lives near me and I know some really good mechanics who could check it out for me and see if there's anything wrong with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbitdude
I found a guy who is selling a manual one for 500 and he lives near me and I know some really good mechanics who could check it out for me and see if there's anything wrong with it
I'd drop the manual in $500 isn't too bad. Have you checked around to see if you can get it cheaper?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
What year do you have? I have a 95 that had an automatic and I changed over completely to the T-5 5 speed..I love it..I paid maybe 600 all together to include clutch an brake pedal, transmission, driveshaft, shroud plate, wiring harness and the the ECM, and also clutch..no hard at all just take your time
Cblackstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cblackstang
What year do you have? I have a 95 that had an automatic and I changed over completely to the T-5 5 speed..I love it..I paid maybe 600 all together to include clutch an brake pedal, transmission, driveshaft, shroud plate, wiring harness and the the ECM, and also clutch..no hard at all just take your time
I have an 01. How Long did it take you to do all together?

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

I'd drop the manual in $500 isn't too bad. Have you checked around to see if you can get it cheaper?
I haven't found one less than 500 or I would've bought it immediately if mileage was low
Old 07-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

And also I found a guy that wants to trade the tranny I have now for his t-45. Will that work with an 01 v6?

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

http://dayton.craigslist.org/pts/3037933817.html
I found this one. Does this seem sketchy to you guys too since its only 120 bucks?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

It took me about a day worth of work I also had the motor completely pulled out, it made it easier than trying to work underneath..as far as ECM I didn't get one for about 2 weeks made run funny cuz the computer would change rpm and whatnot but it burnt spark plugs up fast but just letting you know it's possible..as for the T45 it could possibly work just depends on the bolt pattern on the bell housing might cause more trouble then you want tho
Old 07-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It took me about a day worth of work I also had the motor completely pulled out, it made it easier than trying to work underneath..as far as ECM I didn't get one for about 2 weeks made run funny cuz the computer would change rpm and whatnot but it burnt spark plugs up fast but just letting you know it's possible..as for the T45 it could possibly work just depends on the bolt pattern on the bell housing might cause more trouble then you want tho
Ok thanks. I also found the guy on Craigslist and he is selling a t5 for 120. Seems sketchy to me since it's so cheap what do you think?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

That really not bad I drove 4 hours for a replacement and I paid 200$..just while it's out make sure you fill it completely up with ATF and ..my first one I put in Leaked all the fluid And my input shaft Bearing went out whilst I was going 75 on the highway
Old 07-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That really not bad I drove 4 hours for a replacement and I paid 200$..just while it's out make sure you fill it completely up with ATF and ..my first one I put in Leaked all the fluid And my input shaft Bearing went out whilst I was going 75 on the highway
I bet you had fun with that one hahaha
Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yea I was on 2 week leave from my deployment too but it only took me 2 days to take the old one out find and new one reinstall change clutch and I was driving again
Old 07-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh yea I was on 2 week leave from my deployment too but it only took me 2 days to take the old one out find and new one reinstall change clutch and I was driving again
Niceness haha what branch are/were you in?
Old 07-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Army reserves

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang