Good list? anything worth or not worth getting? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Good list? anything worth or not worth getting?

Hey guys, I'm planning to add stuff to my (currently bone stock) 2004 mustang v6. is anything on this list not worth getting? Also any other recommendations?

2 Mustang black deep dish bullet rims 17x10.5: 2x $138.99
2 Mustang Black bullit rims 17x9 $136.99
Mustang Sct Sf3 Power Flash Tuner $379.99
Mustang SVE Black bullet style fuel door $59.99
Mustang Mach 1 SVE 2 Piece Grille Delete Kit $69.99
Stainless Steel Bumper insert letters $54.99
Mustang 3rd brake light decal $9.99
Smoked Tail light tint $44.99
Smoked Quarter Marker Light tint $19.99
Fixed Black antenna 8 inch $17.99
Flowmaster Force II Dual Catback Exhaust (99-04 V6) $439.99
Black Face Reverse Glow Gauge Inserts (99-04 V6) $39.99
Chrome Gauge Ring Bezels $49.99

total with tires would be around $2200+ That doesnt include installation for the exhaust.

04 V6 Coupe Divorced flow 40's, AM CAI, Dual Rockford Punch 10 in. Subs, Matrix 1500 Watt Amp, Infinity speakers
Jetsnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Buy a can of VHT from advanced auto parts. Tint your lights with that. Looks great and is way cheaper.
Kcochran0010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Everything seems great! And you could install the exhaust yourself it's really not that hard. I'm 16 and I had only 2 jack stands and some patience and I was able to instal my exhaust.
03Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Good list? anything worth or not worth getting?

Except for wheels and tires, the rest is junk and a waste of money on a V6. none of it will increase power. Now if you want to boost it and make some power thats different.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via Skype™ to johnofarch14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcochran0010
Buy a can of VHT from advanced auto parts. Tint your lights with that. Looks great and is way cheaper.
+1!!!
44.00 for tail light tint is not worth it. Just spray it and include the rear reflectors too!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofarch14

+1!!!
44.00 for tail light tint is not worth it. Just spray it and include the rear reflectors too!
Does te tint come off?

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil_T2
Except for wheels and tires, the rest is junk and a waste of money on a V6. none of it will increase power. Now if you want to boost it and make some power thats different.
Why would he want to increase power it's a v6.. He's gonna have one bad *** looking mustang..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Good list. You can save some money by not buying the tailigt tint. 44 is too much you can either do vht or buy precut tint on eBay for 15 bucks. Also the chrome bumper inserts is way too much 55 bucks is insane. On ebay there like 15 bucks
Old 07-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil_T2 View Post
not planning to make it ultra fast, i just wanna wake it up, its extremely lazy. (the old owner appearently didnt take care of it) I want a car that has kick, looks good, and sounds good I'm only 16, if i have a really fast car, i would kill myself. Oh also, I want to add sequential tail lights to my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
Does te tint come off?

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Why would he want to increase power it's a v6.. He's gonna have one bad *** looking mustang..

Exactly.

Venomouz, thanks, i'm looking into that now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mustang View Post
Everything seems great! And you could install the exhaust yourself it's really not that hard. I'm 16 and I had only 2 jack stands and some patience and I was able to instal my exhaust.
I thought you had to weld it together :S

04 V6 Coupe Divorced flow 40's, AM CAI, Dual Rockford Punch 10 in. Subs, Matrix 1500 Watt Amp, Infinity speakers
Old 07-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #9
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Good list. You can save some money by not buying the tailigt tint. 44 is too much you can either do vht or buy precut tint on eBay for 15 bucks. Also the chrome bumper inserts is way too much 55 bucks is insane. On ebay there like 15 bucks
Does that tint come off??
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 07-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Hey man like the list. Seems to be a good mix of looks and sound. Things that woke up my mustang was, 1 an aluminum flywheel. It is a little more labor intensive to install but that with a sport clutch made a HUGE difference. 2 I did the IAC valve gasket mod. This is a cheap DIY mod that just requires gasket material. Like 5-10 bucks a sheet. Sometimes the IAC valve flows to much air to the motor making it idle high and irritating to shift cuz the rpms take forever to drop between shifts. This little trick has my car idling around 600rpm and the revs drop instantly between shifts making it easier(and more fun) to slam thru gears. 3. I did a PCV delete which replaced the PCVs with regulate valve cover breathers and capped the vacuum fittings to the intake. Our v6s are known for sipping up oil thru the PCV into the intake which is horrible for performance. Do this mod and you with get a smoother idle, crisper throttle response and more off idle power. I also added a flowmaster which didn't really do much for power but made it sound loud and mean. Which adds to the whole appearance of the car. I think you got a great list tho
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
From what I read, that tint comes off if you buff it well enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmidas87 View Post
Hey man like the list. Seems to be a good mix of looks and sound. Things that woke up my mustang was, 1 an aluminum flywheel. It is a little more labor intensive to install but that with a sport clutch made a HUGE difference. 2 I did the IAC valve gasket mod. This is a cheap DIY mod that just requires gasket material. Like 5-10 bucks a sheet. Sometimes the IAC valve flows to much air to the motor making it idle high and irritating to shift cuz the rpms take forever to drop between shifts. This little trick has my car idling around 600rpm and the revs drop instantly between shifts making it easier(and more fun) to slam thru gears. 3. I did a PCV delete which replaced the PCVs with regulate valve cover breathers and capped the vacuum fittings to the intake. Our v6s are known for sipping up oil thru the PCV into the intake which is horrible for performance. Do this mod and you with get a smoother idle, crisper throttle response and more off idle power. I also added a flowmaster which didn't really do much for power but made it sound loud and mean. Which adds to the whole appearance of the car. I think you got a great list tho
Sorry bro, I honestly don't know much about engines I'm willing to learn, but for the most part, an exhaust, a tune up, and possibly a cold air intake would be the deepest i go into my engine until i learn more about them. If I had more money, I would go even deeper and put new headers in, but that would have to be a whole new job of getting the entire exhaust system from the headers back if I know correctly, which i dont have the money for

Old 07-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsnix

From what I read, that tint comes off if you buff it well enough.

Sorry bro, I honestly don't know much about engines I'm willing to learn, but for the most part, an exhaust, a tune up, and possibly a cold air intake would be the deepest i go into my engine until i learn more about them. If I had more money, I would go even deeper and put new headers in, but that would have to be a whole new job of getting the entire exhaust system from the headers back if I know correctly, which i dont have the money for
It's all good man, you gotta start somewhere. If you can install a CAI and change plugs you can do the IAC valve mod and the PCV delete. They're cheap, easy and make a noticeable difference. The great thing about this forum is if you have ANY questions, there are lots of fellow pony drivers wanting to help ya out obviously you can only do what your comfortable with but if you wanna try something, just ask
Kingmidas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmidas87 View Post
It's all good man, you gotta start somewhere. If you can install a CAI and change plugs you can do the IAC valve mod and the PCV delete. They're cheap, easy and make a noticeable difference. The great thing about this forum is if you have ANY questions, there are lots of fellow pony drivers wanting to help ya out obviously you can only do what your comfortable with but if you wanna try something, just ask
Thanks, :] My dad is trying to put it in my head that putting on all this aftermarket stuff, like an exhaust, CAI, and all is actually going to make my car less reliable, and more likely to break down or something to go wrong, is that right? I'll read up on that PCV delete and that IAC valve mod. Does it all give a noticeable throttle response, and power? My car seems to argue with you when you press the gas like its saying "oh cmon, why do i have to go? I dont wanna!!" and it lags, until im goin a bit faster. Once im around 35 or 40 mph, it seems to go pretty well when you press the gas. Any ideas on why my car does this? I know its not going to have the kick like a GT or Cobra, but i'm sure a v6 shouldnt have trouble going, it especially has trouble going up hills. I could be on the floor going up a hill, but it wont really kick in until i reach the top

Old 07-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac

Mine hasn't come off and I had the same tint on my v6 for 2 years. U can take em off if u start peeling but overall it's a good product. Here's some of my v6 n gt

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1181137781.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	434.7 KB
ID:	59791
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-708913568.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	398.5 KB
ID:	59792  
Old 07-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #15
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmidas87
Do you have a picture of PCV delete?

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote:

Mine hasn't come off and I had the same tint on my v6 for 2 years. U can take em off if u start peeling but overall it's a good product. Here's some of my v6 n gt
I meant like can I take it off lol..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 07-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Do you have a picture of PCV delete?

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

I meant like can I take it off lol..
Oh yea u can take if off lol.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post

Attachment 59791
Nicee. I just figured out, (after a nice look at my bumper) that the person before me, (my mustang is black) put black bumper letter inserts on. Why the hell... Would this cause my inserts to fall off if i got them and put them on? Heres some pics of my stang
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0113.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	59801   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0368.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	971.8 KB
ID:	59802  

Name:	IMG_0409.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	892.4 KB
ID:	59803  

Old 07-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nicee. I just figured out, (after a nice look at my bumper) that the person before me, (my mustang is black) put black bumper letter inserts on. Why the hell... Would this cause my inserts to fall off if i got them and put them on? Heres some pics of my stang
Wait so ure black mustang has black mustang letter inserts?
Old 07-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wait so ure black mustang has black mustang letter inserts?
Yep, I'm baffled why

Old 07-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yep, I'm baffled why
Hmm idk why he would do tht. I have mines chrome colored filled.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

idk why either. I think it was a girl that owned my car last, because in a cup holder, theres dried nailpolish. lol

Old 07-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #22
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
idk why either. I think it was a girl that owned my car last, because in a cup holder, theres dried nailpolish. lol
Alcohol will take that off.. Nail polish remover might discolor it..

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote:

Hmm idk why he would do tht. I have mines chrome colored filled.
I have matte black..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Alcohol will take that off.. Nail polish remover might discolor it..

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

I have matte black..
Can u see tht there's bumper insterts?
Old 07-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #24
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Can u see tht there's bumper insterts?
Yes and no.. It gives it a clean black look but still has style..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 07-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes and no.. It gives it a clean black look but still has style..
Thts kool. I went with chrome since im going wit the blk m chrome look

Name:	image-2832425851.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	435.7 KB
ID:	59825
Old 07-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I'm goin for a black and chrome look too. They're not matte black, they had a shine to em.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
I would like to see someone else's Pcv bypass.... I did this mod I'd like to see what everyone else used...
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm goin for a black and chrome look too. They're not matte black, they had a shine to em.
I was going to go for an all black look but a cobra already has tht in my town and my buddy went with a blk n red theme on his gt so I went wit the blk n chrome
Old 07-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was going to go for an all black look but a cobra already has tht in my town and my buddy went with a blk n red theme on his gt so I went wit the blk n chrome
Im the only young person in my town that has a mustang, well other than a parent who owns a gray 2012 mustang GT and some old guy who has what looks like an orange '69 fastback thats sadly rusting in his driveway

Old 07-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

i'd still opt for spray tint over vinyl tint...just because i'm a mod for cheap kinda guy lol...$10 of VHT did my tails and side markers, and i have enough tint left to probably do another set

as for the antenna...if you want a shorty just cut your factory antenna with a hack saw...you can either pull the ball off the old tip and drill it out to fit the new end...or just dep the tip in some rubberized paint to create a nib. i just rounded off the end of mine with a file and left it as is
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #31
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
i'd still opt for spray tint over vinyl tint...just because i'm a mod for cheap kinda guy lol...$10 of VHT did my tails and side markers, and i have enough tint left to probably do another set

as for the antenna...if you want a shorty just cut your factory antenna with a hack saw...you can either pull the ball off the old tip and drill it out to fit the new end...or just dep the tip in some rubberized paint to create a nib. i just rounded off the end of mine with a file and left it as is
Wered you buy the spray?
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 07-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wered you buy the spray?
any autoparts store will carry it....it's in the paint and body section
Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #33
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

I wished the opened earlier ill be in town at 7 lol

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Quote:

Any good tips on when I do it? And how many coats??
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wished the opened earlier ill be in town at 7 lol
lol if you want the reverse lights to be clear still and not tinted then make sure you tape them off before hand
Old 07-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #35
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

lol if you want the reverse lights to be clear still and not tinted then make sure you tape them off before hand
Will do.. How many coats did you do..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang