Never use seafoam ever again - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Never use seafoam ever again

I tried this and I am amazed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get to E right on redline on fuel and add this and fill up after... Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
can u really feel a difference that much ?

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
can u really feel a difference that much ?
It really does something, quicker starts it seems, the feul economy is like improved 2-3 mpg, the motor seems to run a hell of a lot smoother, and acceleration has improved, cleaner revs, and the plugs I put in three months ago are clean....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout

It really does something, quicker starts it seems, the feul economy is like improved 2-3 mpg, the motor seems to run a hell of a lot smoother, and acceleration has improved, cleaner revs, and the plugs I put in three months ago are clean....
do u needa change fuel filter afterwards ?

Low2v
Old 07-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:

If you plan on it.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:

I always do because it cleans deposits in the take that probably get caught in the filter..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Use good fuel like exxon and you'll have less fuel issues... Trust me

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

I can tell the difference in exxon VS competitor fuel. Bc I believe not all fuel is equal. Some fuel comes with additives and exxon has great fuel I'ma exxon fan.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
+11111 I agree with blackedout on this one. I love Exxon Mobil gas compared to say Hess gas. And I'm defiantly interested in this gum out and I plan on trying it out when I fill my car for the week.
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Use good fuel like exxon and you'll have less fuel issues... Trust me

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

I can tell the difference in exxon VS competitor fuel. Bc I believe not all fuel is equal. Some fuel comes with additives and exxon has great fuel I'ma exxon fan.
All I ever use is Exxon, shell and Sunoco, the last one being my favorite, I just don't like the way my car feels with BP, I never use no name brands in any car.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Thanks. Enjoy this. Bc I think seafoam is a scam. It cleans yes but think about it after this guy on this forum brought up, where do these harmful contaminates go? They go straight to the combustion chamber what cleans it from there??? Gum out. That's why after I seen the motor head commercial I tried it, it's been 150 thousand miles later and still at a quarter tank mainly due to my driving habit I'm hard on the gas real hard and motor feels brand new at 130k miles.... And I love it.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony

All I ever use is Exxon, shell and Sunoco, the last one being my favorite, I just don't like the way my car feels with BP, I never use no name brands in any car.
Exxon, exxons sister station moble or something like that they don't have those around here they just have exxon, shell, racetrack as a last resort, and I avoid small gas stations with cheap fuel. Cheap fuel = out of wallet cost on repairs. I tell that to any big shot chevy, import, dodge owner. It doesn't matter what you have it matters on how you treat it. Like a women, doesn't matter black, white, red head, brunette, or blond it all depends on how you treat them... Lmao

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

It's all about how you treat it, treat it good it'll stick around longer... Treat it treat it well.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Exxon gas, and penzoil.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Never use seafoam ever again

i go to a no name station here in town...it's the only station that sell non ethonal gas...best butt dyno difference gas around town + i've gotten a nice mpg increase since using the place.

but i'll keep using seafoam just because it's tried and true for anything i've owned...doesn't mean i won't try the other stuff out. i just don't plan to stop using seafoam
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #12
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
i go to a no name station here in town...it's the only station that sell non ethonal gas...best butt dyno difference gas around town + i've gotten a nice mpg increase since using the place.

but i'll keep using seafoam just because it's tried and true for anything i've owned...doesn't mean i won't try the other stuff out. i just don't plan to stop using seafoam
+1 we have cenex or whatever around here and I run 87 all the time
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 07-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Dakota

Edit: I'm too drunk to type.... simple as that....
Old 07-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_John

Lol
Old 07-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Ive never heard of that stuff but i used this one yesterday

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120720_072839.png
Views:	304
Size:	355.1 KB
ID:	59949
Old 07-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Just a heads up, nothing kills cats faster than this stuff. Its too big to get past the cats and can quickly clog them. I don't believe in any seafoam products because they break off carbon deposits (especially when used in the crankcase) that can clog up oil lines, shift deposits to worse places, and can quickly destroy valve seals. If you use seafoam quickly every oil change then I think its a decent product because it removes deposits before they get big enough to be damaging. But putting it into a car with 60k miles for the first time is asking for it. Gum out is a fuel treatment and really doesn't do the same job as seafoam. I like lucas top end lubricant for gas treatments and I use one every couple of tanks. (Actually half of one). Its just a fine oil designed to keep injectors clean.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude
Just a heads up, nothing kills cats faster than this stuff. Its too big to get past the cats and can quickly clog them. I don't believe in any seafoam products because they break off carbon deposits (especially when used in the crankcase) that can clog up oil lines, shift deposits to worse places, and can quickly destroy valve seals. If you use seafoam quickly every oil change then I think its a decent product because it removes deposits before they get big enough to be damaging. But putting it into a car with 60k miles for the first time is asking for it. Gum out is a fuel treatment and really doesn't do the same job as seafoam. I like lucas top end lubricant for gas treatments and I use one every couple of tanks. (Actually half of one). Its just a fine oil designed to keep injectors clean.
Its the same concept as what they use in dealerships to clean out engines. The process they use consists of them using one drop of the stuff every 2-3 seconds over a period of 10-15 minutes. This prevents the system from getting red hot and ruining your cats. Of course the stuff they use is a hell of alot stronger then seafoam but its the same principle.
ForsakenProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Seafoam makes a huge difference right away when 1 can is in gas tank and other is used pulled into vacuum line.
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033
Seafoam makes a huge difference right away when 1 can is in gas tank and other is used pulled into vacuum line.
Of course if its at a certain stage the best thing to do for clogged injectors is to completely remove them then flush them out one at a time. One of mine is badly clogged and seafoam hasnt remedied it yet. Of course my car also sat for 8 years do who knows what is in my lines.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_John

Lmao
94sccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto View Post
Of course if its at a certain stage the best thing to do for clogged injectors is to completely remove them then flush them out one at a time. One of mine is badly clogged and seafoam hasnt remedied it yet. Of course my car also sat for 8 years do who knows what is in my lines.
Problems with fuel lines and/or injectors would be better treated by gas tank additives made by BG Products. They can be contacted by phone or by e-mail. As far as treating an engine that's in good working order, with Seafoam introduced into the upper intake, there is no danger at all. Catalytic converters break down by unburned fuel reaching them. The Seafoam, just like the $400.00 induction cleanings with the "I.V. Bag Drip" has to be introduced slowly. "Everything In Moderation"- Just like everything in every aspect of life.
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:14 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Problems with fuel lines and/or injectors would be better treated by gas tank additives made by BG Products. They can be contacted by phone or by e-mail. As far as treating an engine that's in good working order, with Seafoam introduced into the upper intake, there is no danger at all. Catalytic converters break down by unburned fuel reaching them. The Seafoam, just like the $400.00 induction cleanings with the "I.V. Bag Drip" has to be introduced slowly. "Everything In Moderation"- Just like everything in every aspect of life.
Ill be sure to do that soon. I miss my tires chirping from first to second
Old 07-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:

100% agreed my car loved that stuff...
Old 07-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #24
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

100% agreed my car loved that stuff...
I wish I knew what line to use
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 07-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac

I wish I knew what line to use
The one on the drivers side of the upper intake that goes to the valve cover.
Also Robb, which BG Product would you recommend for badly clogged injectors?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20120722_205542.png
Views:	226
Size:	941.6 KB
ID:	60378  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="Blackedout"]Thanks. Enjoy this. Bc I think seafoam is a scam. It cleans yes but think about it after this guy on this forum brought up, where do these harmful contaminates go? They go straight to the combustion chamber what cleans it from there??? Gum out. That's why after I seen the motor head commercial I tried it, it's been 150 thousand miles later and still at a quarter tank mainly due to my driving habit I'm hard on the gas real hard and motor feels brand new at 130k miles.... And I love it.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------
Did you watch the video? They said the same thing! It carries the deposits to the combustion chamber and burns them... They had a picture of it...if you believe sea foam is a scam for that reason maybe you should reevaluate your new product cause according to your reasoning its a scam too... Just saying..... Not trying to be a jerk either just read it and maybe think
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #27
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Seafoam and Gumout were recommended to me by Ryobi. So I'd imagine it's a good product,
Old 07-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #28
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Just did the upper intake treatment.. Can't complain.. I can tell a difference.. Little scary tho.. Lots of smoke.. One more gum out treatment then a new fuel filter..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 07-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Damn I'm loving that gumout.... Used it once like they said I'll only use it once a year, this is my 3rd tank and I'm still feeling a difference. Beat that !!!! Seafoam!!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I guess you missed my post
Old 07-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #31
Road Trip!

Anything that gets in the combustion chamber burns up. Lmao seafoam works temporary the gumout lasted longer.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

But your reasoning to why sea foam was a scam was because the crap went into the combustion chamber...I added your quote...
Old 07-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Can you smell.....
What the Blackedout,
Is

COOKING????????
lol sick

Low2v
Old 07-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Can you smell.....
What the Blackedout,
Is

COOKING????????
A more accurate representation of Blackedout haha
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tooth-Fairy---Dwyane-John-001.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	60900  
Old 07-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto

A more accurate representation of Blackedout haha
Lol that's messed up

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Funny tho

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang