tire size and brand? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to iphonemaster93
tire size and brand?

what's the stock tire size on the v6 for all 4? i'm getting my tires replaced soon because apparently all of them have gone bad. also what's a good brand that's pretty good quality and also for a cheap price? I'm searching for perhaps around $500-$700. thx
iphonemaster93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Depends on what size rim u have on urs... My stock rims are 16inches so my tires are 225 55 16 some cine with fifteen in time tho. But I have bridgestones on mine and there great tires
mattyp511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: tire size and brand?

so not all stock rim sizes are the same?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphonemaster93
so not all stock rim sizes are the same?
No take a picture of your rims I will tell you what size
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

So I went onto the Sears automotive website and the Falken Tires were actually cheaper than the Michellin tires themselves? how's that possible? unless it's not the falken tires i'm thinking of, cuz if it's the Falken tires i'm thinking of I might just go with those
Old 07-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

if this helps, here: http://images.dealerrevs.com/pictures/17009570.jpg
Old 07-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #7
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphonemaster93
So I went onto the Sears automotive website and the Falken Tires were actually cheaper than the Michellin tires themselves? how's that possible? unless it's not the falken tires i'm thinking of, cuz if it's the Falken tires i'm thinking of I might just go with those
There 16 inch
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 07-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

i just went out to check the tires and for the front, i got 225/55 R16 (if the 'R16' matters) and I got the same for the back. here are pics: http://photobucket.com/mustang_tires
Old 07-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Nitto and nexen are my fav. Look em up, pay close attention to the specs. Ull find they r regarded the best by the majority of users. Nitto r spendy but nexen are much better on the wallet. Im wearing nexen now and i can promise you wont b disapointed in those.
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:22 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

my friend recommended to me nittos also but which one is able to withstand burning a tiny bit of rubber from dumping the clutch from a complete stop? i sometimes have to change lanes right after a green light so it happens. i thought falkens were good for withstanding that situation but now that u bring it up, nittos sound good too but how about pricing?

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

i was also told by my uncle to get tires that had a H rating because it can withstand up to 120 mph or something like that? how come the FALKEN ZIEX 912 isn't able to do so?
Old 07-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

honestly some Riken Raptors from Discount tire is all a sixxer really needs on a stock wheel...good dry and wet traction and they have a good long life even when treated hard. besides i wouldn't waste my money on high end tires for stock 16" wheels...buy a good cheaper tire so you can save for some better wheels down the road. just my opinion
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #12
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
honestly some Riken Raptors from Discount tire is all a sixxer really needs on a stock wheel...good dry and wet traction and they have a good long life even when treated hard. besides i wouldn't waste my money on high end tires for stock 16" wheels...buy a good cheaper tire so you can save for some better wheels down the road. just my opinion
+1 and yes the r16 was the most important that's what fits your rim.
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 07-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Um i dont know about faulken, look up at nittotire.com the tire u want is NT555 they can take anything u through at them price around $150 ea then if u want drag radials theres nt05 little more expensive.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:37 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

so the only one type of Riken Raptor my local sears has is this: RIKEN RAPTOR TIRE 225/55R16 95W BW--Automotive-Tires-Car Tires

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8 View Post
Um i dont know about faulken, look up at nittotire.com the tire u want is NT555 they can take anything u through at them price around $150 ea then if u want drag radials theres nt05 little more expensive.
i actually don't plan on ordering them from online and i need my car urgently so my best option is to go to sears and see what they have. most likely i'll go with falkens or riken raptors. i wish i could go with nittos but perhaps in the near future yes.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Ya ur right, nexen are more obtainable than nitto bit only slightly less in quality. I am not nice to my tires at all and they continue to impress me. Ive driven across the entire US in them and they still have great tread life. I think those r worth searching for. I did my research b4 buying and i feel i choose the right ones. Well im not gonna try to convince u anymore, ive said my piece.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:17 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphonemaster93 View Post
so the only one type of Riken Raptor my local sears has is this: RIKEN RAPTOR TIRE 225/55R16 95W BW--Automotive-Tires-Car Tires

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

good god...here you can go to a discount tire store and get them for around $90 a pop

must be a location thing lol...or maybe sears is just pricey
Old 07-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8 View Post
Ya ur right, nexen are more obtainable than nitto bit only slightly less in quality. I am not nice to my tires at all and they continue to impress me. Ive driven across the entire US in them and they still have great tread life. I think those r worth searching for. I did my research b4 buying and i feel i choose the right ones. Well im not gonna try to convince u anymore, ive said my piece.
and thx for the suggestion, like i said in the post earlier i need my car asap so maybe not this time but in the near future, i will definitely check in on nexen

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
good god...here you can go to a discount tire store and get them for around $90 a pop

must be a location thing lol...or maybe sears is just pricey
i actually have no idea where the closest discount tire store in my area is. i remember seeing one around but i don't remember where it was haha
Old 07-21-2012, 01:33 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphonemaster93 View Post
and thx for the suggestion, like i said in the post earlier i need my car asap so maybe not this time but in the near future, i will definitely check in on nexen

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

i actually have no idea where the closest discount tire store in my area is. i remember seeing one around but i don't remember where it was haha
lol google it...they are the best when it comes to warranty issues
Old 07-21-2012, 02:28 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix

lol google it...they are the best when it comes to warranty issues
Agree, they are the only ones i go to, u can even haggle the price even though they are already the best price around. They usually have what i want within a few days if they dont have it in stock.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang