1996 4.6 swap started - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
1996 4.6 swap started

been a while since ive been on here and the intake manifold for the 3.8 is still in process, but since my 3.8 is done for the though was to install a v8, so what im getting is a 99 crown vic engine and swap it to a carb, its a police model engine with all the goodies but still going to go through the entire engine and put forged internals in, my neighbor which is a mustang freak and a nitro dragster driver is going to give me the parts list to do it, the tranny will be out of a gt along with the rear end, im not sure what gears im going to run cause to tell you the truth im not very good with gears but the neighbor said he will give me a hand, now i do know that some of the major parts are a engine or course, ez efi carb kit, and the gt cross member which i found online from steeda for about 300 bucks for the tube version, now this is going to be a daily driver and once its done it will be in the 11-12 sec mark, marks mustang runs 11.80's with the same engine setup and still drives it back and forth to work and out of town and says he gets about 17-20 miles to the gallon, ill also be looking into either superchargering or turbo charging further down the line, and in the next few months ill be buying another 3.8 the same year or little newer ( 96-98 ) and doing a split port swap but with my own design, hope everyone is still enjoying theur stang, i know i am.
dhktactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Re: 1996 4.6 swap started

also to add, the pistons skirt will be coated in a ceramic finish called cerakote micro slick and the piston dishes will be coat in a piston finish also from nic industries, i use this product when i build performance firearms and tested it and a old chevy engine about a year ago and works very well, we drove the truck for 500 miles with oil and drove it another 218 miles without oil in it, after we had it towed back to the shop and added more oil the engine fired right up, most of the internals and rear end gear will be using micro slick.

Cerakote Coatings: C-110HQ Micro Slick Dry Film Ceramic Coating

Cerakote Coatings: C-186Q Piston Coat

and my heading and piping will be coated in this
Cerakote Coatings: C-111HQ Tungsten
dhktactical is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang