Need help!weird vibrations! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Need help!weird vibrations!

Yesterday I noticed that my car was making weird vibration.on park I'll rev and when its returns to the idle you can gear a weird raspy/harsh sound. Wondering if its the engine but it runs fine.i realized that it comes and goes when it wants.while on park it was making the vibration I can feel it in the steering wheel and I can hear noise.but only while your inside if your outside you can't hear or feel it.its weird not sure what it's is.also I noticed just but having it on reverse it'll vibrate more aggressively.once on drive the noise and vibrations stop.the engine oil was full and the car runs fine.im confused :/
9stan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Need help!weird vibrations!

loose exhaust hanger possibly....they cause 95% of random vibrations lol
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
loose exhaust hanger possibly....they cause 95% of random vibrations lol
Some one mentioned the exhaust.but It feels like its coming from the engine.it vibrates and makes deep sound.but what's weird you can only feel and hear it from the inside.but I noticed when I have my foot on the break and put my car on reverse I'll get the vibration with the deep noise and once I put it back on drive it completely stops.Not sure what to think.someone mentioned engine mounts,exhaust,I'm thinking torque converter thought.But not sure.its Sunday so the shop I go to is closed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via Skype™ to johnofarch14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9stan5

Some one mentioned the exhaust.but It feels like its coming from the engine.it vibrates and makes deep sound.but what's weird you can only feel and hear it from the inside.but I noticed when I have my foot on the break and put my car on reverse I'll get the vibration with the deep noise and once I put it back on drive it completely stops.Not sure what to think.someone mentioned engine mounts,exhaust,I'm thinking torque converter thought.But not sure.its Sunday so the shop I go to is closed.
It's better to let a mechanic check your engine mounts and transmission mounts.... Park your car open the hood, see if the engine vibrates at idle, if it is then that's engine mount. If it only vibrate when in a stop light while at drive or when reverse then that's a trans mount...
Old 08-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Re: weird vibrations!**update

So it turned out that the vibrations,groaning noises,and everything else I described were cause by a broken moter mount.so I had my engine mounts and my transmission mount changed.car is runnIng better then ever.thank you guys for your help and opinions.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

No problem glad it was an easy fix
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
No problem glad it was an easy fix
Pretty much.i always though that some cracking and popping noises I got were coming from bad shocks :/ but after the replacing the tranny mount and engine mount aside from better accelarion,and a little more power the Cracking and popping disappeared.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via Skype™ to johnofarch14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9stan5

Pretty much.i always though that some cracking and popping noises I got were coming from bad shocks :/ but after the replacing the tranny mount and engine mount aside from better accelarion,and a little more power the Cracking and popping disappeared.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang