Advice needed- body wise - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Advice needed- body wise

As some of u know by now im n the process of putting my car back together. Does anyone know (other than going to a bodyshop) how i can get my bumper straighten back up. If i cant get it pulled back up,looks

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120730_104751.png
Views:	135
Size:	627.5 KB
ID:	61427

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120730_104928.png
Views:	116
Size:	484.5 KB
ID:	61428

like to me theres enuff room inside the bumper cover for it to still b mounted and not make the cover look like it is at a downward angle
94sccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94sccoupe
As some of u know by now im n the process of putting my car back together. Does anyone know (other than going to a bodyshop) how i can get my bumper straighten back up. If i cant get it pulled back up,looks

like to me theres enuff room inside the bumper cover for it to still b mounted and not make the cover look like it is at a downward angle
I straightined my 5.0 front end out with crow bars and a jack under the bumper?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I used two jacks and a 2x6 to keep the pressure level and the my dad had to stand on top of the car.. I would get it about an inch off the ground and he would jump a little and we did that till it was straight.
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac

I straightined my 5.0 front end out with crow bars and a jack under the bumper?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I used two jacks and a 2x6 to keep the pressure level and the my dad had to stand on top of the car.. I would get it about an inch off the ground and he would jump a little and we did that till it was straight.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Lol. Sorry but i had a mental picture. So, when u say he stood on top off ur car , surely not the roof or hood, that would leave a mark. Im thinking as long the weight is aft of the bumper. I have my fenders off so mayb a couple people on each fender rail. Hey sounds hillbilly, but iam from west virginia, i can relate
94sccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94sccoupe

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Lol. Sorry but i had a mental picture. So, when u say he stood on top off ur car , surely not the roof or hood, that would leave a mark. Im thinking as long the weight is aft of the bumper. I have my fenders off so mayb a couple people on each fender rail. Hey sounds hillbilly, but iam from west virginia, i can relate
Lol middle of
Nebraska we do things like that all the time.. Nah the hood was off and stood there someware.. If you choose to do it that way keep your weight level.. Aka 2x6 .. And don't lift the car any farther the. You want to bumper to go up.. Because once it gives it goes and it's a lot easyer to go up the bring it down.. Unless you have another can that is lol.
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I fixed mine by using a tree and some chains lol
Java is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang