Drivers side window doesn't work - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Drivers side window doesn't work

Just stopped working for good today. It had been giving me problems on and off for about 2 weeks where it would sometimes not work. So when I push the button down i hear a sort of click sound and nothing. My question is this, how do I go about taking apart the door, and how do i find out what i need to replace?

Thanks guys.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Re: Drivers side window doesn't work

Just an idea, open driver door and try. Mine only works if door is open. From what I've read its pretty common.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Does the passenger work? And the door panel pops up and then off you can prolly look it up online
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

there's one screw holding the door on and 2 (possibly 3) plastic push tabs on the outer edge of the interior holding it as well...the screw is visible after popping out the plastic insert in the center of the interior...when you pull it out just unscrew the switches from the bottom of the piece. it's very easy and once you get started you'll figure it out no problem.
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Passenger side works just fine, i've tried with door open, And door closed. But it just makes that stupid click sound. Anyone know if it could be the switch itself? Or maybe the window motor? How can i test to see what's wrong with it?
Old 07-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
This happend to me last week. I pulled the door panel off and was about to take out the motor to replace it (it's like a 40$ part) but then my dad who's a car genius just told me to punch the door in a specific spot while havin the power window button down. So all I did was held the window button down, punched twice and it rolled on up. Supposedly this works like 80% of the time. I'll post a picture of we're to hit the door when I find time. Hope this helps
Spencerb102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

Mine messes up all the time. Sometimes u open door and it works and sometimes I have to hit it. Its never made a clicking noise when it doesn't roll up. I'm thinking somethings off or broken gear teeth in wind motor. Good luck
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well guys, went to the city last night for a little late night road trip. Before I left, tried the window and it worked. So I guess it's whatever for now until it officially dies, but I'm not liking the fact people are saying this is a normal thing to run into. I'd care less if it was my passenger side, but i need a breeze when i'm driving. :[ Thanks for All the Advice, and If you can post up that picture of where you hit the door, i would be more than willing to try that at this point. Thanks fellas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang