P.S.A. Stay away from LUCAS Oil Teatment(s) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mike SVOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 140
Re: P.S.A. Stay away from LUCAS Oil Teatment(s)

I'll just put these here:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lucasfroth.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	61612  
__________________
1999 3.8 stang
1990 LX - supercharged 351w
1985 turbo 2.3 www.msvorinich.itgo.com
Mike SVOR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #37
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike SVOR

I gave a homework assignment in the OP saying to seek out the LUCAS Oil advertisment with the plastic gears.
Research it for yourself.
I've already done my own research. But to others, that would be "just my opinion".

I encourage you to do the same.
I'm a contrubiting writer to many outlets, and if I published something like this without presenting the research, and documenting legitimate sources, I'd be looking for new work! After my editor finished mopping the floor with me. Point being is you can't just go around publishing things without solid doccumentation. So, until we see proper sources, i.e. an independent laboratory, actual pictures, and testimony from several mechanics, this will be considered your opinion.

Now, it is a proven fact that over time plastic degrades and water can seep in. But we're talking a long time.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #38
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Right because a 2 cylinder DIESEL tractor is the same thing, and what's to say that there wasn't contamination from water... That's what that looks like to me anyways. I refuse to believe you and your false facts until you show proof... That is logic by the way, I'm a critical thinker, I don't believe what people say without proof, guess you never got critical thinking out of your degree either.
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: P.S.A. Stay away from LUCAS Oil Teatment(s)

Op im afraid to say your attitude stinks for a forum like this...you get upset when others do not follow your every tidbit of "advice" and ive noticed this in other threads. Not a great way to start life on any new forum am i right? As for the lic youve posted ive torn down engines that have oil pans looking like that which have never seen lucas before. So please keep that in mind. Its not provimg your point if lucas isnt the 100% reason for that pan to be in such shape
1slosix is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mike SVOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 140
Re: P.S.A. Stay away from LUCAS Oil Teatment(s)

Here's a thread where they sent the lucas oil additive in for uoa analysis.

Lucas Oil Stabilizer - Bob Is The Oil Guy
__________________
1999 3.8 stang
1990 LX - supercharged 351w
1985 turbo 2.3 www.msvorinich.itgo.com
Mike SVOR is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: P.S.A. Stay away from LUCAS Oil Teatment(s)

:facepalm you must really hate that nobody cares
1slosix is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
ForsakenProto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,143
No officer im not drunk, i just put lucas in my oil! (real story: this just happened about 20 mins ago, lady meant to back up but ended up flooring it forward, shes old, so it happens)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120731_190755.png
Views:	182
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	61615  
ForsakenProto is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mike SVOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 140
Re: P.S.A. Stay away from LUCAS Oil Teatment(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Op im afraid to say your attitude stinks for a forum like this...you get upset
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
:facepalm you must really hate that nobody cares
I'm not the one getting personal over oil additives.

I've listed documented studies that prove aeration is bad for oil systems.
I've listed tests done showing Lucas Oils tendencies to foam during agitation.

That’s all i'm trying to show.
You can even try it for yourself at the parts store.
Draw your own conclusions from there.

Don't make this political.
Just look at the presented data.
__________________
1999 3.8 stang
1990 LX - supercharged 351w
1985 turbo 2.3 www.msvorinich.itgo.com
Mike SVOR is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #44
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
i dont agree one bit that lucas oil is bad. but i dont see any reason to pick on the op. im sure he firmly believes the stuff isnt good, and is just trying to prove that. thats all. i just personally dont see any hard evidence , like stated.
dreamstang is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: P.S.A. Stay away from LUCAS Oil Teatment(s)

Listen kid i dont have to look at a parts store...i work for a parts store and i have never had a customer with issues due to lucas. Nor have i ever had a dealership run into issues....nor any other of my commercial accounts. I think ill leave you to your oil conspiracy theories....enjoy your night
1slosix is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nicks86GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto

I always use Mom's robot oil for my oil needs. I find my robots get more MPP, run cleaner, and keeps the exhaust from clinging to the exterior, keeping their metal asses shiny and in their words, biteable.
Where can one purchase this oil? Money is of no importance? Said in my Peter Griffen voice....
Nicks86GT is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mike SVOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 140
Re: P.S.A. Stay away from LUCAS Oil Teatment(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Listen kid i dont have to look at a parts store...i work for a parts store and i have never had a customer with issues due to lucas. Nor have i ever had a dealership run into issues....nor any other of my commercial accounts. I think ill leave you to your oil conspiracy theories....enjoy your night
Look, I'm sorry to have offended you by posting findings and results. If I may have forgotten a smiley face in a post while responding to a spirited 'ribbing' i appologize.

But...
I'm a grown man. So "Listen Kid" isn't in order here.
I was store manager of Rose Auto parts stores for years. Then I was parts manager for Pep Boys in sunrise fl and pompano fl.
I've seen and used almost all products sold today. I have my snake oils that I keep to my self and don't say anything about (like water wetter).
I'm not being a dick here. Sorry if you took offense (again).
__________________
1999 3.8 stang
1990 LX - supercharged 351w
1985 turbo 2.3 www.msvorinich.itgo.com
Mike SVOR is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: P.S.A. Stay away from LUCAS Oil Teatment(s)

I am sorry for the kid term then...i assumed by how you respond to people on here that you were at most 16. That was my mistake wont happen again.
1slosix is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:54 PM   #49
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: P.S.A. Stay away from LUCAS Oil Teatment(s)

1. This is not a really a Public Service Announcement, just your opinion.

2. There are no actual scientific studies provided to prove your opinions. What you posted are just links to forums showing other people's opinions and information on hydraulic systems.


3. Hydraulic systems and internal combustion engines or transmissions and rearends are not the same thing and they are not really that comparable. Hydraulic lifters are called that just because of the "hydraulic" action of the engine oil in pumping up the lifter, not because it is a hydraulic system. If you let water get into your cylinders, that also causes "hydraulics" to happen in an engine, but it is not a system.


I have personally used Lucas Oil treatments for years, they do help as advertised and I have had no problems with them.


I think you were trying to be helpful and informative, but you really need to study up and present scientific verified proof when you go to attack a well known product like this. The company could actually bring charges against you for defamation if they saw your post and wanted to do so.
Trojan Horse is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dgerow12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 502
+10000000

And if you don't like it...don't use it...simple as that
Dgerow12 is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #51
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto
No officer im not drunk, i just put lucas in my oil! (real story: this just happened about 20 mins ago, lady meant to back up but ended up flooring it forward, shes old, so it happens)
Always serious
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is online now  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:10 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.