Leds for dash - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sienna 99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 98
Leds for dash

Want to buy red led lights for my dash but I do not know what size they are and where the best deal is any help or advice to this?

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Or would it be better to go with am's reverse glow
Sienna 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2012, 04:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Re: Leds for dash

This should answer all your questions.
How to Install LED lights in your Mustang Gauge Cluster

And just to let you know I went with the Reverse glow from AM. I'm a big fan of it but don't like it 100%. It is an upgrade, though.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sienna 99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson
This should answer all your questions.
How to Install LED lights in your Mustang Gauge Cluster

And just to let you know I went with the Reverse glow from AM. I'm a big fan of it but don't like it 100%. It is an upgrade, though.
Thanks man I ordered 7 leds
Sienna 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siendly22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: California
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sienna 99

Thanks man I ordered 7 leds
Where did you order the LED's? Thanks
Siendly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Leds for dash

I don't know how well it would work on the newer bulbs, but "back in the day" we used to paint the ends of our bulbs with candy colored (semi-transparent) model car paints. It worked pretty good and if we desired a color change you could just dip the ends in some paint thinner to remove the previous color and repaint.

Just an idea and cheaper than buying colored bulbs.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siendly22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: California
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
I don't know how well it would work on the newer bulbs, but "back in the day" we used to paint the ends of our bulbs with candy colored (semi-transparent) model car paints. It worked pretty good and if we desired a color change you could just dip the ends in some paint thinner to remove the previous color and repaint.

Just an idea and cheaper than buying colored bulbs.
+1
Siendly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sienna 99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siendly22

Where did you order the LED's? Thanks
Off the link above ^^

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siendly22

Where did you order the LED's? Thanks
It'll say off the link " I ordered them from HERE"(click on here)
Sienna 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siendly22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: California
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sienna 99

Off the link above ^^

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------



It'll say off the link " I ordered them from HERE"(click on here)
There is no link to click though
Siendly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #9
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Leds for dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siendly22 View Post
There is no link to click though
SuperBright LEDS
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siendly22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: California
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
Aight cool. Thank you sir !
Siendly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #11
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Leds for dash

You are welcome, have fun.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siendly22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: California
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
You are welcome, have fun.
You bey

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siendly22

You bey
Bet**
Siendly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #13
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Alaska
Posts: 2
Re: Leds for dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sienna 99 View Post
Want to buy red led lights for my dash but I do not know what size they are and where the best deal is any help or advice to this?

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Or would it be better to go with am's reverse glow
Can you show some pics so that I could better evaluate the size.
Radenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sienna 99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radenth

Can you show some pics so that I could better evaluate the size.
I will when I get home
Sienna 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:41 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sienna 99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 98
The left is the bulb bought that fits the hvac but not my gauge. The bulb on the right is my gauge bulb and the middle thin is te lock on thing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1287319780.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	523.4 KB
ID:	64201  
Sienna 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:07 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.