Hey guys i need some guidence! AH! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Hey guys i need some guidence! AH!

Hey everyone, I need some help I'm at a loss on what to get, first off I really want to get racing seats but I don't have a grand to drop getting some so I'm looking at two kinds and I don't know what to get! So here's my first option it's from American Muscle, http://www.americanmuscle.com/racing-seats-black.html these look good but for a DD do you think it would be a little rough or uncomfortable? I could pick these up at the AM car show when I go down too...... My second option is from cipher auto, I really like the sparco style ones they sell with the black seat and grey stitching. But I know nothing about the company or the seats, it and they're website is down currently.....weird..... But guys what do you think I should do???? Nothing too costly! My buget is right on $600ish for seats and brackets. Please help!
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
i got my seats from summit racing for 150ish a piece. they sell brackets for around 50$ you can also get them with different color accents.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1757970462.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	62381  
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
i got my seats from summit racing for 150ish a piece. they sell brackets for around 50$ you can also get them with different color accents.
Woah.... I like them! How long have you had them???? Are they comfy???
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
Road Trip!

ive had them in for about 2 years maybe idk. but my car is kinda a garage quenn. so i dont have a whole lot of miles on them. i really like the shape of them which makes them kimda comfy, but they are a little stiff. but all in all if i were doing another rebuild i would by them again in a heart beat because of the great price. now i didnt use the brackets u can buy. i was on a budget so i fabbed my own. buy it was a little bit of a pain, so the adapter brackets are probably the way to go,
Old 08-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
ive had them in for about 2 years maybe idk. but my car is kinda a garage quenn. so i dont have a whole lot of miles on them. i really like the shape of them which makes them kimda comfy, but they are a little stiff. but all in all if i were doing another rebuild i would by them again in a heart beat because of the great price. now i didnt use the brackets u can buy. i was on a budget so i fabbed my own. buy it was a little bit of a pain, so the adapter brackets are probably the way to go,
Oh ok, I'm currently looking for them on there site. Hmmm, that's also something to think about (stiffness) but as long as they aren't rocks I'll live lol
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 08-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
Road Trip!

I think they. Are a little stiff. My buddies say there perfect. I am also sure there is some break in time to. They aren't rocks though. Give me a few minutes and ill shoot a link.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

they have a bunch of different color accents but they are mostly the same seat.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?...%20seats&dds=1

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

oh and i dont remember where i saw the bracket adapters. but i am pretty sure they made them for most year mustangs. if you decide you want to order them i would do that with a salesman to make sure you get the right stuff.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think they. Are a little stiff. My buddies say there perfect. I am also sure there is some break in time to. They aren't rocks though. Give me a few minutes and ill shoot a link.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

they have a bunch of different color accents but they are mostly the same seat.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?...%20seats&dds=1
Thanks! And it's defiantly something to consider, I'd like to talk to someone who has the cipher ones just to see what they say
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 08-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
Road Trip!

cipher?

the ones i have are the 161.95 i think. the procar sportsman seats.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Get sparcos!! Their great n comfy!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2049378447.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	392.8 KB
ID:	62389
Old 08-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
cipher?

the ones i have are the 161.95 i think. the procar sportsman seats.
They have ones that are like sparcos I've looked around and see good reviews but I'm kinda curious about them. I haven't heard too much about them. Plus they go with my color combo on my car

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Get sparcos!! Their great n comfy!!
I'd love to but I don't have a grand
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 08-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27

They have ones that are like sparcos I've looked around and see good reviews but I'm kinda curious about them. I haven't heard too much about them. Plus they go with my color combo on my car

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

I'd love to but I don't have a grand
Try Craig's for seats also
Old 08-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Try Craig's for seats also
Oh i know I live on there hahaha
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 08-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #13
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Hey guys i need some guidence! AH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27 View Post
Hey everyone, I need some help I'm at a loss on what to get, first off I really want to get racing seats but I don't have a grand to drop getting some so I'm looking at two kinds and I don't know what to get! So here's my first option it's from American Muscle, Black Mustang Racing Seats - Pair (79-13) - Free Shipping! these look good but for a DD do you think it would be a little rough or uncomfortable? I could pick these up at the AM car show when I go down too...... My second option is from cipher auto, I really like the sparco style ones they sell with the black seat and grey stitching. But I know nothing about the company or the seats, it and they're website is down currently.....weird..... But guys what do you think I should do???? Nothing too costly! My buget is right on $600ish for seats and brackets. Please help!
Hey Greeny27, I hope all is well!

We got these seats in with intentions of having something for everyone. We understand that $1,000 for seats is extremely expensive & in some cases is just not a possibility.

That's where our Black Racing Seat's come into play. These seats are designed to keep you securely behind the wheel whether you're out tearing up back roads or putting down class-winning times on the track. The large shoulder, hip, and thigh supports will keep you in your seat no matter how fast your performance Pony is cornering. And with a pass-through for your racing harness, these seats are ideal for your race-ready setup.

We constructed these seats using a strong lightweight tubular frame & a high quality cloth fabric seating surface for durability and good looks. Best of all these racing seats are fully reclinable for maximum comfort and convenience.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions man. You know how to get a hold of me!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Hey Greeny27, I hope all is well!

We got these seats in with intentions of having something for everyone. We understand that $1,000 for seats is extremely expensive & in some cases is just not a possibility.

That's where our Black Racing Seat's come into play. These seats are designed to keep you securely behind the wheel whether you're out tearing up back roads or putting down class-winning times on the track. The large shoulder, hip, and thigh supports will keep you in your seat no matter how fast your performance Pony is cornering. And with a pass-through for your racing harness, these seats are ideal for your race-ready setup.

We constructed these seats using a strong lightweight tubular frame & a high quality cloth fabric seating surface for durability and good looks. Best of all these racing seats are fully reclinable for maximum comfort and convenience.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions man. You know how to get a hold of me!

- Dan
Thanks so much Dan! And if theyre on clearance doesnt that mean you aren't going to carry them anymore??
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 08-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #15
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Hey guys i need some guidence! AH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27 View Post
Thanks so much Dan! And if theyre on clearance doesnt that mean you aren't going to carry them anymore??

In some cases, Yes. Sometimes its a bit more complicated then that. In a lot of cases the manufacture will stop carrying the product or something along those lines. I would recommend scooping them up soon to insure you get a set for that reason. (if you have interest still).

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

In some cases, Yes. Sometimes its a bit more complicated then that. In a lot of cases the manufacture will stop carrying the product or something along those lines. I would recommend scooping them up soon to insure you get a set for that reason. (if you have interest still).

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

- Dan
Thanks Dan! I'm still split and I'm not going to order anything until your show or after! Never know things may change!!!
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang