first thing to do to my car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
what should i do first to my new car 1998 v6 convertable needs work thoe like new instrument cluster rpms are always at 2500 on the tach no matter wat so thats the mainly thing wrong besides a broken windshield new cluster is coming from a car at the junk yard for 50$ and i dont know how much the window is going to be
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
johnofarch14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Inverness
Region: Illinois
Posts: 285
Send a message via Skype™ to johnofarch14
Detail it.......
__________________
johnofarch14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofarch14
Detail it.......
wow that was fast im a new driver so wat does detail it mean like wash it polish the wheels original wheels by the way
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
johnofarch14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Inverness
Region: Illinois
Posts: 285
Send a message via Skype™ to johnofarch14
Yup! Exactly! wash it, clay bar, polish then wax... You'll fall inlove 10x in your car if it's clean and shiny promise!!! Lol. Then after that you can now tint those windows.
__________________
johnofarch14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mezmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Kansas
Posts: 230
Re: first thing to do to my car

Plus, after you do that, you'll want to make sure it stays that way.

People, at least car people anyway, have respect for thoes who keep their car clean.

You should take some before and after pictures.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofarch14 View Post
Yup! Exactly! wash it, clay bar, polish then wax... You'll fall inlove 10x in your car if it's clean and shiny promise!!! Lol. Then after that you can now tint those windows.
By clay bar he means this:

California Gold Clay Bar System: Automotive : Walmart.com
__________________
2004 Mustang Mach 1 - SY
Exhaust - Wanna be Flomasters...
JLT Ram Air Intake
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: first thing to do to my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96 View Post
wow that was fast im a new driver so wat does detail it mean like wash it polish the wheels original wheels by the way
go to Advance and buy a Meguiars Paint Restoration kit for $25...it'll have what you need for a solid detail
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Put a CAI on it gives ya a few more horses, sounds nice, and can get you acquainted with your car very nicely, makes you more proud of your stang.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jetsnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 90
Re: first thing to do to my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Put a CAI on it gives ya a few more horses, sounds nice, and can get you acquainted with your car very nicely, makes you more proud of your stang.
+1
__________________

04 V6 Coupe Divorced flow 40's, AM CAI, Dual Rockford Punch 10 in. Subs, Matrix 1500 Watt Amp, Infinity speakers
Jetsnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang
Put a CAI on it gives ya a few more horses, sounds nice, and can get you acquainted with your car very nicely, makes you more proud of your stang.
i want too i just have to talk my dad into it or maybe when i become a better driver.., i had to pass a semi today on my way to school and the semi wanted into my lane so i gave it some gas she downshifted into 3rd and took off that thing is fun to drive very fun
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96

i want too i just have to talk my dad into it or maybe when i become a better driver.., i had to pass a semi today on my way to school and the semi wanted into my lane so i gave it some gas she downshifted into 3rd and took off that thing is fun to drive very fun
You have no idea
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang

You have no idea
i have a clue haha but i will see what she does when i get older with a license
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96

i have a clue haha but i will see what she does when i get older with a license
Put a tuner on it and you'll have a lot more fun lol
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang

Put a tuner on it and you'll have a lot more fun lol
lol ok
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: first thing to do to my car

luckily your stang only has maybe 130 rwhp....so you shouldn't kill yourself too quickly lol

forget a CAI and save up for a split port swap from a 99-04 v6 then a windstar intake
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
luckily your stang only has maybe 130 rwhp....so you shouldn't kill yourself too quickly lol

forget a CAI and save up for a split port swap from a 99-04 v6 then a windstar intake
how much does that run.. i do not want to die haha
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: first thing to do to my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96 View Post
how much does that run.. i do not want to die haha
the not dying thing was talking about how little power a stock sn95 v6 has...you should be good as long as your careful and never think you're a good driver. i've been driving for years and i still have a lot to learn

as for the split port swap...i've seen full swaps on my local CL for around $250-300 on average...then another $100 usually to put a windstar kit together...it'll give you a little kick
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
luckily your stang only has maybe 130 rwhp....so you shouldn't kill yourself too quickly lol

forget a CAI and save up for a split port swap from a 99-04 v6 then a windstar intake
I doubt that much lol.

CAI is a good strarter when people can't afford other stuff like what you mentioned lol

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix

the not dying thing was talking about how little power a stock sn95 v6 has...you should be good as long as your careful and never think you're a good driver. i've been driving for years and i still have a lot to learn

as for the split port swap...i've seen full swaps on my local CL for around $250-300 on average...then another $100 usually to put a windstar kit together...it'll give you a little kick
+1 stock sn95's are sadly underpowered pretty bad.

My 98 f150 Stx 4.2l v6 beat a 98 v6 stang lol. Off the line at least, couldn't at around 70+. My little truck only went 100
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: first thing to do to my car

honestly i wouldn't waste my money on a CAI when our factory intake is such a nice design....a drop in filter and removing the silencer will do the same thing

OP if you want a good first thing to do...go find the tailpipes off of a GT out of a salvage yard...go to an exhaust shop and tell them to install them...keep it divorced to save on cash...pay for whatever mufflers you want to add in and call it a day for a while. at least until you decide how you want to build it
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
honestly i wouldn't waste my money on a CAI when our factory intake is such a nice design....a drop in filter and removing the silencer will do the same thing

OP if you want a good first thing to do...go find the tailpipes off of a GT out of a salvage yard...go to an exhaust shop and tell them to install them...keep it divorced to save on cash...pay for whatever mufflers you want to add in and call it a day for a while. at least until you decide how you want to build it
can i see a pic of wat ur intake looks like
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: first thing to do to my car

i can take a pic in the morning...of course it'll looks stock lol. i just have the silencer pulled out with a k&N filter. go out to your car and look at the air box...on the fender well you'll see a rubber tube coming off the box...go ahead and pull it out of there
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: first thing to do to my car

found this pic of my engine bay after an initial cleaning before a detail. if you look at the airbox you can see how it's missing the silencer. it just pulls right out

1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
i can take a pic in the morning...of course it'll looks stock lol. i just have the silencer pulled out with a k&N filter. go out to your car and look at the air box...on the fender well you'll see a rubber tube coming off the box...go ahead and pull it out of there
what does it silence
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96

what does it silence
Your intake lol
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #24
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96

what does it silence
It ristricts some air.. Bassicly make it quiter under the hood..
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
oh
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
heres the car
Attached Images
         
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
also whats the widest tire i can put on the rear
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
johnofarch14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Inverness
Region: Illinois
Posts: 285
Send a message via Skype™ to johnofarch14
Clean that car! and change your serpentine belt. Tune it up then after that you can start with the mods. Looks like your tire is still good. You can go 255 tire with that stock rims but i dont recommend changing it until you can find an aftermarket wheels for your car.
__________________
johnofarch14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofarch14
Clean that car! and change your serpentine belt. Tune it up then after that you can start with the mods. Looks like your tire is still good. You can go 255 tire with that stock rims but i dont recommend changing it until you can find an aftermarket wheels for your car.
well one of the belts in the tires is about to go and i know i have to wash it its been sitting for 2 days because it needs new brakes... i might change the spark plugs but im still thinking bout it because it runs fine... well how far can you go with out rubbing issues
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96
also whats the widest tire i can put on the rear
yeah its not worth putting fatter tires on those wheels . look for some aftermarket wheels or a used set on craigslist.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96

well one of the belts in the tires is about to go and i know i have to wash it its been sitting for 2 days because it needs new brakes... i might change the spark plugs but im still thinking bout it because it runs fine... well how far can you go with out rubbing issues
im down 2" at least and i got 17's staggered. im sittin pretty close to my fenders but no rubbing at all. u can always have ur fenders rolled if u have rubbing issues. but 17's with a 2.25" drop and ur good
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
im getting aftermarket wheels for christmas
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96
im getting aftermarket wheels for christmas
sweet. what kind?
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
my dad calls them kriegers.... i think im going to get american muscle racing torq thrust Ds hold on i show u a pic
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
these
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2566458346.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	65156  
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
or these
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3617537036.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	65158  
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:44 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.