Mustang wont go - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ilovemustangs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 158
Thank you
Ilovemustangs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ilovemustangs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 158
My mustang is done! it had a transmission leak. He fixed the leak and now my baby is running good.
Ilovemustangs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
97cutomstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Phoenixville/Linwood
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 164
Awesome!! Glad to hear it was something small and you didn't need a new trans.
97cutomstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ilovemustangs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 158
Me too! I love my car. It is my baby. I hope we can pick it up today.
Ilovemustangs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
johnofarch14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Inverness
Region: Illinois
Posts: 285
Send a message via Skype™ to johnofarch14
__________________
johnofarch14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
I knew it would be minor.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
BrandonL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 34
Re: Mustang wont go

Congrats!
BrandonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ilovemustangs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 158
Thanks! it's been done since Friday. But he is taking his good old time figuring out our bill. I want to pick it up now!
Ilovemustangs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Re: Mustang wont go

Im glad its nothing too big,,autos can be kinda expensive to rebuild ,,the kits are only a few hundreds dollars,,but tranny shops charge alot for labor,,but far as turning it into a manual,,that can be expensive too,,because of parts and the electronic changes..I would get a tune ,,it will make it a little faster,,and you can turn your line pressure up and make your clutches in your auto last a little longer
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ilovemustangs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 158
Thanks for the info. Still waiting for him to write up the bill so I can bring my car home. It's been done a week.
Ilovemustangs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
Im glad its nothing too big,,autos can be kinda expensive to rebuild ,,the kits are only a few hundreds dollars,,but tranny shops charge alot for labor,,but far as turning it into a manual,,that can be expensive too,,because of parts and the electronic changes..I would get a tune ,,it will make it a little faster,,and you can turn your line pressure up and make your clutches in your auto last a little longer
When he says a little he means it will make it seem like a new car.. Especially if you have a auto.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ilovemustangs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 158
Where do you get a tune and is it easy to put on?
Ilovemustangs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dgerow12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 502
If you buy the tuner from American muscle ect it is very easy. As simple as using a code reader
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Re: Mustang wont go

I bought mine from ford racing at the dealership..Its the SCT tuner,,its a great tuner,,i know there is probably better ones,,but this one is definetily a safe tune ,,its a little complicated if your new to the tuner,,you can get the dealership to do it,,but i would ask if they would show you while they are doing it so if you want to change anything youll know how,,Its a handheld device that you plug into your OBD 2 connector under the dash,and basically you remove your program that your car runs on,,and its stored in the device,,you then load the preloaded tune back into your car,,it has astros that show you what to pick and octane points too,,but the transmission shift points you kinda have to pick yourself,,thats why you may need some help,,but if its not what you want you can go back in and try again,,and change stuff..thats the way mine was anyways..If you dont mind the superunleaded then the 93 version gets you the most power,sorry so long

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang View Post
I bought mine from ford racing at the dealership..Its the SCT tuner,,its a great tuner,,i know there is probably better ones,,but this one is definetily a safe tune ,,its a little complicated if your new to the tuner,,you can get the dealership to do it,,but i would ask if they would show you while they are doing it so if you want to change anything youll know how,,Its a handheld device that you plug into your OBD 2 connector under the dash,and basically you remove your program that your car runs on,,and its stored in the device,,you then load the preloaded tune back into your car,,it has astros that show you what to pick and octane points too,,but the transmission shift points you kinda have to pick yourself,,thats why you may need some help,,but if its not what you want you can go back in and try again,,and change stuff..thats the way mine was anyways..If you dont mind the superunleaded then the 93 version gets you the most power,sorry so long
Mine cost around 300 dollars,,i dont know what it costs for someone to help
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dgerow12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 502
I believe its better to get the tuner from American muscle or another place that doesn't use preloaded tunes. BAMA which is american muscles tuning company writes tunes based on your exact car and you get free tunes for life when you buy one. This is way better than a "one size fits all" preloaded tune. Its like buying a universal part compared to a part made specifically for your car

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

And a SCT bama tuned tuner cost 379.00 and comes with free tunes for life. Anytime you add a performance part or change anything you can get a tune adjusted for it
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Re: Mustang wont go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgerow12 View Post
I believe its better to get the tuner from American muscle or another place that doesn't use preloaded tunes. BAMA which is american muscles tuning company writes tunes based on your exact car and you get free tunes for life when you buy one. This is way better than a "one size fits all" preloaded tune. Its like buying a universal part compared to a part made specifically for your car

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

And a SCT bama tuned tuner cost 379.00 and comes with free tunes for life. Anytime you add a performance part or change anything you can get a tune adjusted for it
Well the one i have has the suggested tunes but a crap load of possiblities if you want to manipulate it,,and you can change your tune as well when you add stuff..Im happy with it,,the only thing is when i go with a super charger i cant use it,,i have to load a totally different tuner
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dgerow12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 502
Bama is just my personal preference. I'll leave the tuning adjustments to the specialists

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

And also when bama writes a tune they need specific info for your car such as the PCM serial number and ect.
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:12 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Re: Mustang wont go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgerow12 View Post
Bama is just my personal preference. I'll leave the tuning adjustments to the specialists

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

And also when bama writes a tune they need specific info for your car such as the PCM serial number and ect.
So each time you change things they load the upgrades..?..Do you acually talk to someone when they give you the tune?? That would be great..
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ilovemustangs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 158
My mustang is home!!! . He fixed the leak and flushed it out. Put new fluid in it. Now it shifts smoothly and runs great. It was $536 for the towing and everything but I'm just happy to drive it again.
Ilovemustangs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dgerow12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 502
Awesome I'm glad to here she's back in running order.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang

So each time you change things they load the upgrades..?..Do you acually talk to someone when they give you the tune?? That would be great..
Yes you contact bama and tell them you did a mod( such as cold air intake) and you need a tube adjusted for it and they make a new tune and then email it to you within a few days. You download it from the computer onto your tuner and then load it to the car. They can adjust octane on tunes, throttle aggressiveness, shift aggressiveness, catted and catless exhaust changes. They also offer street, performance, race, and economy based tunes. Each type has different focus Rpms and economy is meant to improve mileage
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Re: Mustang wont go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemustangs88 View Post
My mustang is home!!! . He fixed the leak and flushed it out. Put new fluid in it. Now it shifts smoothly and runs great. It was $536 for the towing and everything but I'm just happy to drive it again.
cool..
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ilovemustangs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 158
We were driving my mustang and it was going good and we stopped at a red light in a busy area and when it turned green I pushed the gas and it wouldn't go. It only went in reverse so we ended up going in reverse in the right light a half mile on a twisty road to park it and my husbands uncles. This is what it was in the garage for two weeks ago.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemustangs88
We were driving my mustang and it was going good and we stopped at a red light in a busy area and when it turned green I pushed the gas and it wouldn't go. It only went in reverse so we ended up going in reverse in the right light a half mile on a twisty road to park it and my husbands uncles. This is what it was in the garage for two weeks ago.
Right lane* At husbands uncles*

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

As much as it will kill me to do it I'm seriously considering selling it! I could have bought a lot newer mustang for what I have in this one and it still won't go!
Ilovemustangs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
97cutomstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Phoenixville/Linwood
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 164
I would call the shop and see how long they warranty their work because its been less then 30 days since you got it back.
97cutomstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ilovemustangs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 158
I hope he does something for me. I can't afford to get it fixed all the time. it breaks down on me all the time.
Ilovemustangs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Sounds like a poor mechanic that isn't getting the job done right.

Also lets face it you may have a lemon car. Even Toyotas have lemon cars, where all they do it break down.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ilovemustangs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 158
I'm pretty sure it's a lemon. I barely get to drive it.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

All I know is its a dangerous car. I'm lucky that I haven't been rear ended in it. It has stopped going many times now. Sometimes it hasn't even been when I stopped. Sometimes it was when I was going 55-60 with cars behind me. I think I might just sell it and when my jeep is paid off ill buy another one.
Ilovemustangs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
JB_MUSTANG_V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 110
I don't think someone wants to buy a mustang that won't go lol just saying
JB_MUSTANG_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ilovemustangs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 158
Someone might. I have sold an eagle talon before that needed the engine replaced. And someone might want to use it for parts. You never know.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemustangs88
Someone might. I have sold an eagle talon before that needed the engine replaced. And someone might want to use it for parts. You never know.
Had*

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

And someone that loves mustangs and knows how to work on them might buy it. Just saying
Ilovemustangs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
JB_MUSTANG_V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 110
Yea nvm I agree on that I just meant for someone who's not looking for a fixer upper or a parts outlet
JB_MUSTANG_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ilovemustangs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 158
I don't even know if I can bring myself to sell it. I love my car. It just costs me too much money.
Ilovemustangs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
For someone to buy it with it not running is goin to offer such a low price it won't be worth it. Fix it and sell it if you want, but don't go from like 4k car to a 750$ car cuz it won't run..
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ilovemustangs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 158
I have a jeep wrangler too. But my favorite are mustangs. At this rate I'm tired of putting money into it. I have over $9,000 in this car that breaks down constantly
Ilovemustangs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
My dad had a dodge, it blew with 103k miles on it. It's just luck and if you have a lemon or not.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ilovemustangs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 158
The mechanic feels bad he's going to look at it again for free. Tomorrow he's busy but the next day he should be able to look it over the day after.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemustangs88
The mechanic feels bad he's going to look at it again for free. Tomorrow he's busy but the next day he should be able to look it over the day after.
The next day he should be able to look it over. *
Ilovemustangs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dgerow12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 502
That's good. Good news is every trans that goes bad that I've heard of, reverse is the first gear to go. Not the last so you may get lucky
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:55 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.