stroke to a 4.2 and super charge? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:17 AM   #1

Region: Michigan
stroke to a 4.2 and super charge?

Hello all, just signed up for the site today so I'm a newbie with newbie questions. Just got an 04 v6 and i wanna make it into a really fun daily driver with balls. So im debating to super charge or twin turbos. Like the idea of more horse with turbos, but like the quicker acceleration of the supercharger. So ideally id like to squeeze a little more juice from the engine by stroking it to a 4.2 which i know you can do and still add turbos butthe question is can you do that and still supercharge it? I hear "maybe as long as the compressions the same" but how would you go about doing that. I seek your wisdom o mustang gurus
battosai_domon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Turbo and built engine the way to go. You don't need twin turbo. A single turbo will be enough. First start building the car up to support the power. Brakes,rear end,trans and then the engine
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by battosai_domon
Hello all, just signed up for the site today so I'm a newbie with newbie questions. Just got an 04 v6 and i wanna make it into a really fun daily driver with balls. So im debating to super charge or twin turbos. Like the idea of more horse with turbos, but like the quicker acceleration of the supercharger. So ideally id like to squeeze a little more juice from the engine by stroking it to a 4.2 which i know you can do and still add turbos butthe question is can you do that and still supercharge it? I hear "maybe as long as the compressions the same" but how would you go about doing that. I seek your wisdom o mustang gurus
If you want some quick power go to KylePersonPerformance he does work, and it's a good solid price and ppl make 220-240rwhp on his heads intake cam an tune.
And everything can be swapped into a 4.2 Stroker.
The best place for Stroker parts are supersixmotorsports Or Tom morina
TMA turbo makes turbos for the 3.8 and have been proven to be one of the best. You can also contact on3performamce as they can make one for you also

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

And welcome to the site. The sixxers have a FB page called ME sixxers if you would like to join that just let me know

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

You can also twin charge with an SC and a Turbo
But the SC has to be a roots style blower
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #4

So the stock transmission definitely has to be upgraded to handle it :[
And there's no way to stroke and supercharge then?

Because mainly i want to get it to a little over 300. I've seen some with twin turbos that got as much s 460 horse. Would be nice to beat gt's and rt's in a sleeper
Old 08-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Because mainly i want to get it to a little over 300. I've seen some with twin turbos that got as much s 460 horse. Would be nice to beat gt's and rt's in a sleeper
Depends are you auto or manual. Also you can just engine and supercharge but to be safe and make it last build the car up
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

U can get 300 with a SC just fine
Old 08-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Your going to spend alot of money
Rear End..
Axles ..
Tranny..
Engine work..
Tune ..

Just to get it as equal to a GT ..
Just enjoy the car and wait to get a GT or a Cobra..
infamous281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I added mine up. A full build. Engine all the way back with a super charge all forged etc. 12,000
Old 08-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #9

I understand it's gonna take some money and that a cobras way more worth it. But i got this car from my grandmother( which is the best joke ever) and it hasn't even hit 40,000 yet. So upgrading just for the power of the cobra isn't really worth it. Id much rather make this as fast i can and keep it. Eventually i want to get a lotus exige anyway considering you can pretty much get that for the same cost as an 04 saleen if you get it from a private dealer
Old 08-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I understand it's gonna take some money and that a cobras way more worth it. But i got this car from my grandmother( which is the best joke ever) and it hasn't even hit 40,000 yet. So upgrading just for the power of the cobra isn't really worth it. Id much rather make this as fast i can and keep it. Eventually i want to get a lotus exige anyway considering you can pretty much get that for the same cost as an 04 saleen if you get it from a private dealer
Look up Kylepersonperformance and shoot him an email he is doing a special on Max effort heads intake and custom cam
Old 08-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Re: stroke to a 4.2 and super charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow2V View Post
Your going to spend alot of money
Rear End..
Axles ..
Tranny..
Engine work..
Tune ..

Just to get it as equal to a GT ..
Just enjoy the car and wait to get a GT or a Cobra..
not that much, take the time to look for deals/used parts
8.8 swap is plenty enough to handle 300rwhp (junkyard <200)
auto's just need a better tq converter and a cooler (500-600)
with a blower alone and no engine work 300rwhp is possible (pieced together vortech kit <1500 with injectors and new fuel pump)
tune (400ish average for good dyno tune)

and thats about 80rwhp more than a stock gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx View Post
Look up Kylepersonperformance and shoot him an email he is doing a special on Max effort heads intake and custom cam
that deal ends after today... (friday here already)

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:42 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert

with a blower alone and no engine work 300rwhp is possible (pieced together vortech kit <1500 with injectors and new fuel pump)

Dang glad I was able to strike a deal with him!

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Mine was all new parts tho.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert

Its not like anyone is stock anymore .. Lol
And with a GT all you need is a couple hunderd to get to 300rwhp
infamous281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow2V View Post
Its not like anyone is stock anymore .. Lol
And with a GT all you need is a couple hunderd to get to 300rwhp
Couple hundred? LOL please tell me those mods for 80rwhp gains

I've seen 2V's with cams full exhaust and a little intake work make <300

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Old 08-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #15

Most people drive beat up gts and think they're racers, especially here in toledo. And for that argument might as well buy a brand new cobra which gets 550 h. Stock. There's always better cars, it's about making what you have the best you can
Old 08-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
If you got the car for nothing and have some money to spend I would go for it , granted you may not make as much power as a v8 but personally , I like seeing built up 6er's they are unique and you are not gonna see them at every show! And are a great conversation peice!
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #17

That's what I'm saying lol. Plus it's a car that I'm gonna keep for sometime. When life gives you mustangs, you don't complain. Plus i like the element of surprise that comes with it. Only way you'd really lose is if they go balls to the wall, which most people are gonna get cocky and mess up when they don't truly realize what's next to them.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #18

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120824_094843.png
Views:	112
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	65339

Name:	ForumRunner_20120824_094910.png
Views:	107
Size:	375.3 KB
ID:	65340

Name:	ForumRunner_20120824_094921.png
Views:	116
Size:	429.1 KB
ID:	65341

Plus she's just so pretty XD good shape and garaged all her life
Old 08-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Plus she's just so pretty XD good shape and garaged all her life
Do some appearance work.
Lower, wheels, decklid, lower valance black out these rears. Etc
Old 08-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by battosai_domon View Post
Most people drive beat up gts and think they're racers, especially here in toledo. And for that argument might as well buy a brand new cobra which gets 550 h. Stock. There's always better cars, it's about making what you have the best you can
Thank You! Exactly right, do what you want not what others want you to do

blower/new cam soon
Old 08-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

Do some appearance work.
Lower, wheels, decklid, lower valance black out these rears. Etc
Oh I've got plans, not a fan of blacked out lights though, maybe lightly smoked. But i want to put some projector headlights and get a sequential kit for the signals. Also quarter xenon louvers for the windows.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh I've got plans, not a fan of blacked out lights though, maybe lightly smoked. But i want to put some projector headlights and get a sequential kit for the signals. Also quarter xenon louvers for the windows.
Like these?
Cuz I love mine
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2252248184.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	65344   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3667828678.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	65345  

Old 08-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Quote:
What do you mean quicker acceleration of the supercharger?
1 turbo will > a supercharger
2 smaller turbos will make a supercharger look not very 'super'

And the guy who can get 300hp from a GT with a "few hundred" , where do you have your crank horsepower dyno at?
ChrisTorres08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

Like these?
Cuz I love mine
Niiiice man. Love the color of the stripe too. Im wanting to put a single solid black stripe, followed by a thinner grey stripe on both sides of the black, followed by two skinnier black stripes, a thin gap of white, and two black pin stripes. Sounds like too much but drawn on paper it's flawless

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTorres08

What do you mean quicker acceleration of the supercharger?
1 turbo will > a supercharger
2 smaller turbos will make a supercharger look not very 'super'

And the guy who can get 300hp from a GT with a "few hundred" , where do you have your crank horsepower dyno at?
Sorry man but it's a known fact that super charges have quicker acceleration. They may not be faster, but they have access to quicker acceleration. Think about it, a super charger feeds directly into the engine, so as the engine accelerates it's getting air forced directly into it. Where as the turbo charger has to wait for the engine to make the power and then pressurizes it to above atmospheric pressure and you take off. That's why there's lag. You have to wait till like 3000 rpms until you get your power. So super charges have quicker acceleration. Don't get acceleration confused with speed
Old 08-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry man but it's a known fact that super charges have quicker acceleration. They may not be faster, but they have access to quicker acceleration. Think about it, a super charger feeds directly into the engine, so as the engine accelerates it's getting air forced directly into it. Where as the turbo charger has to wait for the engine to make the power and then pressurizes it to above atmospheric pressure and you take off. That's why there's lag. You have to wait till like 3000 rpms until you get your power. So super charges have quicker acceleration. Don't get acceleration confused with speed
Lmao if you get a properly speced turbo the lag is hardly noticeable and can be lower than 3K Rpms , sure if you throw a big turbo on it it'll take a little while too spool it up but once it does all the acceleration the supercharger would have on it at the beginning wouldn't stand a chance

Side note, only positive displacement blowers are how you say direct feed into the motor, a vortech/procharger still has to travel to get there

blower/new cam soon
Old 08-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #26

Even Jeremy Clarkson says this XD but what does he know.

And i have no clue about turbos in actuality how they handle,(what rpms they kick in at) just mechanically i understand them. But still lags lag. Just like with computers a wireless connections about as fast as an ethernet, but an ethernet is still faster because its a direct connection.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And i have no clue about turbos in actuality how they handle,(what rpms they kick in at) just mechanically i understand them. But still lags lag. Just like with computers a wireless connections about as fast as an ethernet, but an ethernet is still faster because its a direct connection.
If you prefer a supercharger by all means get one, but no need to down talk something you admittedly know nothing about

blower/new cam soon
Old 08-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

But with a smaller rear end gear say 3.73s the acceleration is so quick it would spool before you know it. In the end, turbos are more reliable and make bigger power and can support bigger power. As a supercharger can't. Supercharges are easier but turbo is better in the end
Old 08-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #29

Not down talking anything, clearly said earlier turbos are better. Good God this site has some freaking babies
Old 08-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Quote:
Not down talking anything, clearly said earlier turbos are better. Good God this site has some freaking babies
Does this site have babies, or does this site have people who know what they're talking about? Dont call people babies when you don't know what you're talking about. In my opinion, you probably just want a supercharger because most people associate superchargers with extremely fast cars, and that they're not as common as turbo's.

After all, you don't see alot of supercharged every day cars, like you would see turbo charged. You just want the "oh i have a supercharger, cool right?" part of it.

04 V6 Coupe Divorced flow 40's, AM CAI, Dual Rockford Punch 10 in. Subs, Matrix 1500 Watt Amp, Infinity speakers
Jetsnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsnix

Does this site have babies, or does this site have people who know what they're talking about? Dont call people babies when you don't know what you're talking about. In my opinion, you probably just want a supercharger because most people associate superchargers with extremely fast cars, and that they're not as common as turbo's.

After all, you don't see alot of supercharged every day cars, like you would see turbo charged. You just want the "oh i have a supercharger, cool right?" part of it.
Never did i say i prefer a super charger ever XD go back and read all my posts and tell me where i said anything along those lines. I want turbos, i always have, just because i accurately explained the difference everyone who's on the turbo side has to scream "TUUUFBOS ARE THE ONLY WAY IF YOU DONT THINK SO YOU SUCK EGGS" get a grip.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Never did i say i prefer a super charger ever XD go back and read all my posts and tell me where i said anything along those lines. I want turbos, i always have, just because i accurately explained the difference everyone who's on the turbo side has to scream "TUUUFBOS ARE THE ONLY WAY IF YOU DONT THINK SO YOU SUCK EGGS" get a grip.
lol i didnt say turbos are the only way to go. In my opinion, i dont like either on mustangs, unless you get a gt500, but thats just me. And you've been pointing out the whole time that turbos lag more than SC's and you even explained how the supercharger's air doesnt have to travel to get to the engine, thus no lag even though you obviously (and admittedly) dont know anything about turbochargers. I'm not on either side, i just hate snobby children who like to talk like they know their ****, and get pissy when people tell them otherwise. But that happens sometimes when you dont earn what you get. Right mr. free mustang?

04 V6 Coupe Divorced flow 40's, AM CAI, Dual Rockford Punch 10 in. Subs, Matrix 1500 Watt Amp, Infinity speakers
Old 08-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #33

Ah nice, attack my character because i was talked down by someone in the first place. Way to go bro. On a a side note I've earned everything I've ever gotten in life because i actually work for it. Sorry your family doesn't love you, should probably throw away any present you've ever gotten because it only makes you spoiled. Thanks for trying to throw some of your bitterness my way though, #keephatin'
Old 08-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ah nice, attack my character because i was talked down by someone in the first place. Way to go bro. On a a side note I've earned everything I've ever gotten in life because i actually work for it. Sorry your family doesn't love you, should probably throw away any present you've ever gotten because it only makes you spoiled. Thanks for trying to throw some of your bitterness my way though, #keephatin'
my family does love me, thats why they dont spoil me, after all, i payed for my car with my own money. lol oh god the twitter thing. I hope you feel cool doing that. Have fun trying to make yourself seem cool, kid.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #35

Thanks man, i do a pretty good job at it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang