Trans issues...... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Trans issues......

Hey whats up, so here's whats goin down......

Just finished my 2nd engine build on my 01 Mustang (installed blower ground cam and fixed a broken piston ring), to the point, have been driving like a granny for a 1000 mi. just finished my break-in miles, so I incrementally added more power/load to the engine. Once I got back to my neighborhood, I manually shifted down into 2nd and then 1st. Generally, those are super aggressive gears. Well, its seems, the bands in the trans are working cuz its not shifting into the next gear and once you increase in revs the aggression comes to surface. Just at the bottom end does the aggression fall off/seem vague.

Any conclusions as to whats goin on??? Dude at CJPonyparts.com (ordered something, thought I'd ask while I had'em on the phone) suspected that I'm exceeding the limitations of my torque converter which is causing the loss of aggression and causing the engine to stop (secondary issue, only in 1st and 2nd). Or could it be connected to a tune? fluid issues? filter?

How much power can my stock torque converter withstand/handle? Is there anything I can do/mod to the stock one?

*Keep in mind, its been sitting for a 1 1/2 yr before this build and I'm making significantly MORE power now.

My apologies for the length, but just wanted to make sure you guys were equipped with as much information about the situation, I look forward to hearing from you guys. Thank you.
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Well check the fluid and tell me the color. Also adding a jmod will make it a lot faster to shift
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Trans issues......

red, the color its supposed to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom View Post
Well check the fluid and tell me the color. Also adding a jmod will make it a lot faster to shift
Whats a jmod
Old 08-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
A " j" mod is drilling out a series of holes in the valve body for quicker firmer shifts
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post
A " j" mod is drilling out a series of holes in the valve body for quicker firmer shifts
Cool,, thats better than better running your pressure so high with a tune

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang View Post
Cool,, thats better than better running your pressure so high with a tune
I know with mine theres a delay once you click in to the next gear,,i assumed it was a delay with the solenoids
Old 08-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

why the h e l l would you drill anything in your valve body? I've increased my shifts through a handheld tuner. but thats chasing rabbits....I need to know whats up with my trans. any conclusions as to whats goin on? No bottom end torque in 1st and 2nd and can't hold an idle in those gears.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang