20 in rims - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mike V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 122
20 in rims

I'm really only asking this because I can buy these rims and tires for only $350 but what's your guys' opinion on 20 in rims, I've read they are too big


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1835203110.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	288.8 KB
ID:	65492
Mike V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: 20 in rims

they look big on s197s and they can barely pull them off...18's is the biggest i've seen in person that looks ok. even 19's look too wide on there.. i'd pass
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: 20 in rims

A S197 can barely pull off the looks of a 20" wheel,really?

Yes they look like **** on a new edge. Stick with a 18 or 19" wheel,staggered of course.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Only the new 2010-Current body can pull off 20" rims. I would pass.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mike V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 122
Alright thanks guys yea I personally would like some 17s
Mike V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: 20 in rims

Don't pass on the deal yet. $350 seems like a steal if they are in good shape. Pick them up and resell or trade for some 18 or 19" wheels. It would be easy to get someone to trade up to a 20" wheel. It sounds like a win to me.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
I say buy them and resale them. It wouldnt be too hard, and i beg to differ on the guys saying 20's barely look good on s197 and only the 10's up look good.

07 with 20's


Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120825_172311.png
Views:	287
Size:	491.7 KB
ID:	65526



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120825_172354.png
Views:	326
Size:	388.7 KB
ID:	65527
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mike V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 122
Aha now I'm torn, here's the description from the ad: 20 inch Menzari Black rims, 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern
I recently put new tires Nexen N7000 costed me $600, they have about 5,000 miles on them.

They are for sale close to me also, are these decent rims and tires?
Mike V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: 20 in rims

Who cares,you are just gonna get rid of them and if they still have life left on them then they are good for resale or trade.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Who cares,you are just gonna get rid of them and if they still have life left on them then they are good for resale or trade.
+1
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
I say buy them and resale them. It wouldnt be too hard, and i beg to differ on the guys saying 20's barely look good on s197 and only the 10's up look good.

07 with 20's
I love ur car
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

I love ur car
Thanks buddy!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

Thanks buddy!
Wish I had a GT upgrade may come soon tho in the next year
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

Wish I had a GT upgrade may come soon tho in the next year
What year gt are you wanting to get?? I love mine!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

What year gt are you wanting to get?? I love mine!
Well... I'm seeing if I can get a ride to college first. If so I'm really wanting a 03/04 Cobra if not that, then a 05-13 GT for sure
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

Well... I'm seeing if I can get a ride to college first. If so I'm really wanting a 03/04 Cobra if not that, then a 05-13 GT for sure
Good deal bro, yea i would make sure you got your college going first! I start college next week too!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
There's kind of a big difference between an 05 and 13 GT
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire
There's kind of a big difference between an 05 and 13 GT
Oh for sure but just a range I would buy.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

Good deal bro, yea i would make sure you got your college going first! I start college next week too!
I'm a senior this year but I'm enrolled in 4 college classes. Kickin my *** with a full time job and 3 HS classes on top.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

I'm a senior this year but I'm enrolled in 4 college classes. Kickin my *** with a full time job and 3 HS classes on top.
Dang bro, hey it will pay off trust me. You will be so glad you got those classes out of your way. And heck your saving so much money by doing those classes now, instead of waiting! I got a 3 scholarships so im getting paid to go to college! Ill come out on top about 2k! Haha!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

Dang bro, hey it will pay off trust me. You will be so glad you got those classes out of your way. And heck your saving so much money by doing those classes now, instead of waiting! I got a 3 scholarships so im getting paid to go to college! Ill come out on top about 2k! Haha!
Sweet man! I hope that I can get a 26-28 on my ACT and get a full ride at UCO in Edmond. They require like a 18 to get in... And I'm going for my RN there
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

Sweet man! I hope that I can get a 26-28 on my ACT and get a full ride at UCO in Edmond. They require like a 18 to get in... And I'm going for my RN there
Holy crap i just realized your from Oklahoma?! Two of my best friends just started there this year. What town you live in?? Im going to OSUIT in Okmulgee for High Voltage
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

Holy crap i just realized your from Oklahoma?! Two of my best friends just started there this year. What town you live in?? Im going to OSUIT in Okmulgee for High Voltage
Edmond Oklahoma.
I'm near downtown Edmond area
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

Edmond Oklahoma.
I'm near downtown Edmond area
Good deal!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
There's a few others from Oklahoma I know about on here and one in Edmond...
Lasombra I think is his name but I haven't seen him on here in a long time.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx
There's a few others from Oklahoma I know about on here and one in Edmond...
Lasombra I think is his name but I haven't seen him on here in a long time.
Yea i know i few on here!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

Yea i know i few on here!
Would be cool to have a cruise date etc.
What is the stang club here? Wicked Stangs OKC chapter and now a Tulsa chapter
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

Would be cool to have a cruise date etc.
What is the stang club here? Wicked Stangs OKC chapter and now a Tulsa chapter
Yea im pretty sure they got a Tulsa chapter started.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
T-Town Mach did
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: 20 in rims

20's on pre 05's look really bad, avoid it, Any bigger than 18s on pre 05's are just to big. Some can get away with 19s but its just to much, 18s end up looking better.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
20's on pre 05's look really bad, avoid it, Any bigger than 18s on pre 05's are just to big. Some can get away with 19s but its just to much, 18s end up looking better.
17s also give a good beefy look. But 18s are great choice also.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:08 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.