2000 Ford Mustang, could my transmission blew? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #1

Region: New Jersey
2000 Ford Mustang, could my transmission blew?

2000 Ford Mustang, V6 automatic, 60,000 miles, automatic shifter slides freely, and pushing the car by hand fluid was shooting out of I believe where you would pour transmission fluid. Any ideas? My son and I was out today and took the mustang out, we pulled into a gas station to check the air in tires afterwards I pulled up and shut the car off to clean as we had a bottle of water that was sweating in the cup holder so I turned the car off to clean up, when we were ready to go back out on the road it wouldn't start, I know it wasn't the battery as it had full life and is fairly new, the car wouldn't make a sound as I turned the key, after an hour or so of calling towing companies who all wanted $300+ because we were almost an hour away from home, my son noticed that even though it said the car was in park that the car was moveable and rolling, I got in the car, what is weird is the shifter pretty much slides up and down freely, the traction control light was lit up that traction control was off not that it matters any, I hit that button and got the shifter into what would feel like park, turned the key and it started, this car isn't driven regularly, we drove right home, now I turn the car off because I need to move my other vehicle so I can put the mustang in the parking spot, the mustang won't start, we start pushing it back into it's spot by hand and two times fluid shoots out, the second time I saw it and I believe it looked like it shot out of where the transmission fluid would be poured in to, this vehicle is only started about once a week and driven every few weeks. Any ideas of what this could be? Is it gonna be costly to fix? I know it isn't much to go by but looking for a few pointers or ideas.
JackNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Do you have a dipstick in the tube for the transmission? There should be no opening the dipstick is supposed to seal off the tube for the transmission and should be locate just behind the throttle body on the passenger side under the hood
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #3

Region: New Jersey
Re: 2000 Ford Mustang, could my transmission blew?

I looked under the hood tonight and the fluid wasn't shooting out of where you pour the transmission, the fluid shot out of where the power steering fluid is when we were pushing the car by hand.
JackNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Is the cap on it?
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang