Gas milage increase - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Gas milage increase

Hey guys, before I talk about what's going on with my stang I just want to let you all know what kind of driver I am..So I pretty much use my stang for my daily commute to school and work, I'm putting about twenty miles on everyday (city) and I'm not the shy kind of driver. I rev my engine,race when I can .you know burns outs ,showboating..ect. The works. Iv had my stang, a 2000 v6 for the past three years and the only engine mod I have added is a cold air intake. So, I have always gotten into the habit of resetting my trip everytime I fill up on gas and i have always gotten around 250mpg,Now the interesting part is for the past three months I have started to get 330mpg on one fill! Mind blowing huh. At first I thought I forgot to reset my trip , but this has been consistent for three months. I always use the same pump at the same Hess gas station. Think there could be something they've added to the gas? I'm not complaining but it has me curiousss. And I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2836296530.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	407.4 KB
ID:	68180  
813floridaracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 813floridaracin
Hey guys, before I talk about what's going on with my stang I just want to let you all know what kind of driver I am..So I pretty much use my stang for my daily commute to school and work, I'm putting about twenty miles on everyday (city) and I'm not the shy kind of driver. I rev my engine,race when I can .you know burns outs ,showboating..ect. The works. Iv had my stang, a 2000 v6 for the past three years and the only engine mod I have added is a cold air intake. So, I have always gotten into the habit of resetting my trip everytime I fill up on gas and i have always gotten around 250mpg,Now the interesting part is for the past three months I have started to get 330mpg on one fill! Mind blowing huh. At first I thought I forgot to reset my trip , but this has been consistent for three months. I always use the same pump at the same Hess gas station. Think there could be something they've added to the gas? I'm not complaining but it has me curiousss. And I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this?
I'm sure you mean miles per tank, not mpg. And that sounds like pretty normal gas consumption. I get between 350 and 500 km per tank depending how much I get on it. I average roughly 10litres/100km in the city and 8l/100km on the highway.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Gas milage increase

i have never once checked my mileage...maybe i should after this next fill up lol

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I get 200-210 a tank
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: Gas milage increase

I get 300-310 per tank of mixed highway/city driving. A/C on of course.
Mike SVOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I get about 230-280 per tank. 270+ if I keep my foot out of it which is never lol. Can your clutch going cause a decrease in mpg
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang