Seafoam sucks - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #36
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
Originally Posted by BigT03 View Post
I had 1/2 a tank of gas from Wal-Mart(that's all I ever use) I bought that day.My gas mileage still sucked today. I put fresh gas in and goin 40mph you can watch the needle drop quickly. I've never had this problem in any vehicle. My 84 silverado with a 350 got better mileage than I am right now. Gonna take it to a shop and see what they say. I can't afford bad mileage.
Wal Mart gas is horrible. Believe it or don't.

Seafoam should not decrease your gas mileage, but you are supposed to put in a certain amount based on how much fuel is in your tank. Actually, you should put the right amount of fuel in your tank to match the 1/3 of a can the directions say to use.

From the way you talk about this experience, I would wager you didn't read/understand the directions. The brake booster is OK on most cars, which is what their website says, but on 99+ mustangs this only cleans half of your intake. You are better off using the vaccum that runs to the PCV valve, or the one that runs from the engine cover to the intake.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
Yeah... I've seen 2 engines clog up an oil pathway and burn a cylinder. Also saw a s2000 come to an abrupt end 10 seconds into the process.
Do you stalk people at autozone buying seafoam, or what?

The amount of people who have had positive experiences with this stuff by simply following the directions makes it hard to believe you seeing 3 engines screwed up by it.

Jlope014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang