winstar intake - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #1

Region: Arizona
winstar intake

Can any please give me info on a windstar so i can go to my local junkyards i have a 04 mustang 3.9.. what year and car can i look for to get the windstar intake and what else i need to install..
Mystangv640th is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Re: winstar intake

you get it from the 96-98 year model vans

grab the intake itself

the egr bracket (sits between egr valve and lower intake) you'll need this if you plan to keep egr since it requires a lower bracket with this intake

the throttle body

and you can grab the IAC if you want, but the question is do you have a taller hood or do you plan to remote mount the IAC for it to work?

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

David how you remote mount the IAC?
mustangg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

you have to make a bracket to hold it somewhere else, then attach a fitting to the intake to run a line to IAC for the air discharge and then run a line to the intake pipe for the air the IAC needs to suck in VAP has pictures of everything so you have an idea of what you have to make

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Old 09-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

I already have a windstar but just out of curiosity does the length of the hoses you use to achieve this effect the i.a.c operation in any way? For a radical example say if i wanted to extend the harness and vac lines to my trunk would it still work the same or is there a limit to the amount of hose you can use?
l2plagears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2plagears
I already have a windstar but just out of curiosity does the length of the hoses you use to achieve this effect the i.a.c operation in any way? For a radical example say if i wanted to extend the harness and vac lines to my trunk would it still work the same or is there a limit to the amount of hose you can use?
Yeah I don't think it would idle right from back there lol keep it generally close to the front of the motor and nothing should happen

blower/new cam soon

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang