Spark plugs 01 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Spark plugs 01

I have an 01 and It's almost time for a time up, I drive at 35 miles one way to school everyday and have put 12,000 miles on the car since may. My instructor said It wouldnt be a bad idea to step the heat range down one step but I don't know what plug I have and what plug I should get, I'd ask him but I want to know now so I can buy the plug haha I got to an automotive school so I'm sure my instructor is giving me the right advice,
twotone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Spark plugs 01

honestly just go to any autoparts store and tell them your car...grab some autolites and go take the 15 minutes needed to install them. btw hardest ones will be passenger side...pop off the intake tube to make that easier and have a wobble socket

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
honestly just go to any autoparts store and tell them your car...grab some autolites and go take the 15 minutes needed to install them. btw hardest ones will be passenger side...pop off the intake tube to make that easier and have a wobble socket
Yeah I'll just do that then, I'll ask them what the stock is and ask for one heat range colder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Ask what his reasoning for one heat range colder I'm curious to know. I know a good amount about engines but not much about spark plugs surprisingly...
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgerow12
Ask what his reasoning for one heat range colder I'm curious to know. I know a good amount about engines but not much about spark plugs surprisingly...
Since I drive my car soooo much and always on the freeway, the colder plug won't get as hot as the normal plug and will run more efficiently and last longer with the type of driving I do, which is about 3500 miles a month
Old 09-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Spark plugs 01

Use copper plugs & compare stock temp range performance against the colder ones if you would. Gap it correctly too, I imagine changing to a colder plug will also in-tell gaping it differently.
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang