Just got a Vortech kit! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
SerbStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Illinois
Posts: 168
Just got a Vortech kit!

Hey everybody, just wanted to see what you all think about my new s/c....It's for V6 01 auto,what do you think this can give me on the wheels?

eBay Motors: Mustang Supercharger for 99-04 3.8L V6 (item 320229806697 end time Mar-22-08 18:10:26 PDT)
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-03-2008, 07:55 AM   #2
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 4
Re: Just got a Vortech kit!

Wow, I have never heard of supercharging a v6, so I am not entirely sure what gains it'll give you [as I don't know what your car's HP is stock and what mods you currently have done to it].

Will you be installing the supercharger yourself? And be prepared to pay a handsome toll for your gas/mpg. :p
__________________
Pontiac Grand Am vs Ford Mustang anyone? :confused:
Mustang Body Kit
King Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Just got a Vortech kit!

Looks like a well put together kit.

Right now you're putting about 165 to 170 to the wheels. I'd expect after a good tune and around 8psi to be putting 240-250 at the wheels. Team the s/c up with ported upper and lower intakes, some head work and a free flowing exhaust and you can see alot closer to 300 at the wheels.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
SerbStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Illinois
Posts: 168
Re: Just got a Vortech kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Justice View Post
Wow, I have never heard of supercharging a v6, so I am not entirely sure what gains it'll give you [as I don't know what your car's HP is stock and what mods you currently have done to it].

Will you be installing the supercharger yourself? And be prepared to pay a handsome toll for your gas/mpg. :p

No kidding man, go on mustangforums.com and you will see every other V6 is supercharged! Also not a big mods here, but I am getting MAF sensor with this kit, and after LTs and H pipe...it's funny that i had them but had to sell to buy the s/c! I might also get some performance wires later!
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Herbstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,932
Re: Just got a Vortech kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Justice View Post
Wow, I have never heard of supercharging a v6, so I am not entirely sure what gains it'll give you [as I don't know what your car's HP is stock and what mods you currently have done to it].
Time to get out of the cave They been S/C and turboing 6's for quite awhile (there's a 6 running the 9's in 1/4 mile)
I agree wirh Brad 240 to 250 RWHP you might want to invest in a 8.8 rear and some suspension work (upper lower control arms,sub frame connector)
__________________

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
SerbStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Illinois
Posts: 168
Re: Just got a Vortech kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
Time to get out of the cave They been S/C and turboing 6's for quite awhile (there's a 6 running the 9's in 1/4 mile)
I agree wirh Brad 240 to 250 RWHP you might want to invest in a 8.8 rear and some suspension work (upper lower control arms,sub frame connector)
Time to get out of cave +1...hahaha that was classic!
Good advice about suspension but I dont have that in plans for some time, I have Cobra R body kit waitin to be painted and installed and that's killing me...and I don't want to sell it because I know I'll never get it again lol!
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:17 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
afinley11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 115
Re: Just got a Vortech kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Looks like a well put together kit.

Right now you're putting about 165 to 170 to the wheels. I'd expect after a good tune and around 8psi to be putting 240-250 at the wheels. Team the s/c up with ported upper and lower intakes, some head work and a free flowing exhaust and you can see alot closer to 300 at the wheels.
Nah you don't have to port and polish the heads or upper lower intake (both great ideals though, it never hurt and is a great investment)! I am making 305 to the wheels and all you need to do to reach that kind of numbers (or a faximly of) is cut the cats, LT headers, Diablo MAF extender, Upgraded Blue top injectors, 310 SVT fuel pump, and a really decent dyno tune!

I am not putting down your advice though, P&P the whole set up and a Cam and those numbers will make you really happy!
__________________
04 stang (Gone):
Best 1/4: 13.813 @ 104.35 <top MPH 109+..Durn Traction)
310/318 @the wheels Procharged 3.8L
New Baby:
1989 5.0 5spd Great plans for this monster!
afinley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:33 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: Just got a Vortech kit!

id supercharge anything that wasn't a 4 banger or rotary engine. altho not as powerful as a v8, the v6 has a decent amount of torque... or a sufficient amount i should say haha.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
SerbStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Illinois
Posts: 168
Re: Just got a Vortech kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afinley11 View Post
Nah you don't have to port and polish the heads or upper lower intake (both great ideals though, it never hurt and is a great investment)! I am making 305 to the wheels and all you need to do to reach that kind of numbers (or a faximly of) is cut the cats, LT headers, Diablo MAF extender, Upgraded Blue top injectors, 310 SVT fuel pump, and a really decent dyno tune!

I am not putting down your advice though, P&P the whole set up and a Cam and those numbers will make you really happy!
I don't think I could make close to 300 with Vortech! Even though it's a great s/c procharger is making more HPs...at least that's what I heard!
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
sledgehammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Region: Colorado
Posts: 344
Send a message via Yahoo to sledgehammer
Re: Just got a Vortech kit!

dont be a hater. Its shovin air in just the same...
__________________
94 v6 manual, 3.45s w/t-lock, cai, straight straight through dual exhaust, sct eliminator.
sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:10 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
afinley11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 115
Re: Just got a Vortech kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbStang View Post
I don't think I could make close to 300 with Vortech! Even though it's a great s/c procharger is making more HPs...at least that's what I heard!
You know, you do make one hell of a point! The Procharger does make more than the non intercooled Vortects....but still I see 280 no problem!
__________________
04 stang (Gone):
Best 1/4: 13.813 @ 104.35 <top MPH 109+..Durn Traction)
310/318 @the wheels Procharged 3.8L
New Baby:
1989 5.0 5spd Great plans for this monster!
afinley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS Vortech kit for V6 3.8 99-04 SerbStang Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 8 12-09-2008 11:02 PM
FEELER Vortech Kit for 94-95 GT (can probably fit other models) Cajun JungleBoy Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 13 08-12-2008 07:45 PM
Vortech Kit Mach1StanG Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 2 01-30-2008 08:29 AM
94 95 96 97 98 Vortech Supercharger kit 3.8 Mustang 95&modified Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 9 08-04-2007 01:22 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:24 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.