non ethanol vs. e10 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:23 AM   #1

Region: Texas
non ethanol vs. e10

Never saw anything on this for stangs like my '04 3.9, but I am on my 2nd tank of non ethanol gasoline and WOW what a difference. 2+ mpg better and she runs better, too. I'm running CAI, Bama tunes and Amsoil synthetics. That made 22.7 mpg vs. 19-20 mpg on e10. Any other comments on this?
Mabistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 05:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Ive checked every station in a 5-mile radius of me and its all e10, which is killing me. Still searching...
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #3

Www.buyrealgas.com. Has a good number of stations listed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: non ethanol vs. e10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabistar View Post
Never saw anything on this for stangs like my '04 3.9, but I am on my 2nd tank of non ethanol gasoline and WOW what a difference. 2+ mpg better and she runs better, too. I'm running CAI, Bama tunes and Amsoil synthetics. That made 22.7 mpg vs. 19-20 mpg on e10. Any other comments on this?

Mabistar,

There's a few give and takes for non ethanol vs. E10. For your situation with a bolt-on Mustang that has a somewhat low compression ratio, you can only see benefits from it for sure! Now, when you start getting into more serious mods and the compression or cylinder pressure is increased, that's when E10 becomes more efficient for making power (not mpg). Since ethanol burns cooler, it keeps the combustion temps down and helps prevent any knocking.

This is a pretty cool topic, there's a lot more that goes into it too. Hopefully more will share this experiences! Just curious, where are you finding non ethanol gasoline? We don't have any around this area.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky

Mabistar,

There's a few give and takes for non ethanol vs. E10. For your situation with a bolt-on Mustang that has a somewhat low compression ratio, you can only see benefits from it for sure! Now, when you start getting into more serious mods and the compression or cylinder pressure is increased, that's when E10 becomes more efficient for making power (not mpg). Since ethanol burns cooler, it keeps the combustion temps down and helps prevent any knocking.

This is a pretty cool topic, there's a lot more that goes into it too. Hopefully more will share this experiences! Just curious, where are you finding non ethanol gasoline? We don't have any around this area.

Shane
That sucks, im in Oklahoma, in a smaller town around the tulsa area, we have 1 store in town that has ethanol free gas. Its the only place i get gas from.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabistar
Www.buyrealgas.com. Has a good number of stations listed.
Yeah, Ive checked that site and another I found and the grand total for CT on both sites is zero. lol
Old 09-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
What other site did you use cause that one only gave me a marina and small engine shop in my area lol
Dgerow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #8

I'll do some more looking. I do know that some states won't allow the sale of non ethanol. I live in Northeast Texas, about an hour east of Dallas. Our county seat hasa station. As far as more mods, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. This is my first Mustang, and this one may go to one of my kids so I can get a newer v6 or a GT to toy with.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgerow12
What other site did you use cause that one only gave me a marina and small engine shop in my area lol
pure-gas.org and a 3rd one I forget right now
Old 09-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
we have 2 stations here with non ethonol gas..it's even a few cents cheaper per gallon. i love it. although i think it's time to change my filter...my last tank was only 240 miles out of it, and that was with only minimal crazy driving

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
we have 2 stations here with non ethonol gas..it's even a few cents cheaper per gallon. i love it. although i think it's time to change my filter...my last tank was only 240 miles out of it, and that was with only minimal crazy driving
Ill trade you a station. What do you need over there?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #12

I know, right? My station runs on avg 30 cents more per gal. Still worth it tho.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang