03 v6 mustang issues. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
03 v6 mustang issues.

I am looking for some help / advice. I have a 03 v6 mustang with some shifting issues, some brake issues, and some shaking issues. I've had the car for almost a year and its done the shaking and shifting issues since I've had it. The braking thing is somewhat new. When i hit the brakes and lightly let off the pedal and push back down it makes a loud noise. Fluid is full and put new pads and rotors on it when i bought it. I'm going to change the pads and see if that does anything. The shifting issues I'm resigned to the fact unless I have trans work done I'll just have to live with it. The shaking issue starts anywhere over 40 mph when i let off the accelerator and goes away when i hit the gas again. Was originally told my wheels were out of balance. Had that fixed and it wasnt as bad but its getting worse. Does anyone know if that could be caused by the drive shaft and the rear end. Also i think I'm going to get a drive shaft off American muscle. Any suggestion on rear ends? Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
JeremyMc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 02:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
braking issues could be sticking pistons on the calipers or your pads could be shot..i mean a year is about normal for my driving style. whats the shifting issues? and for the shaking...well driveshaft could be the cause, but i'd also check the wheel hubs

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I've posted bout the shifting issues before and i think you actually replied. At 40 mph I have to let off the vase for it to shift or press the accelerator harder and it will shift. Then I've noticed like getting on the highway on the on ramp it will shift at 55 or 60 mph. Doesn't red line or anything but does shift kind of hard. This is my first mustang so not sure if that's somewhat normal or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 05:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I would figure out the shaking,,you said it vibrates when you accerlates and quits when decel..that might be the driveshaft u joints,,does the diff roar when your going down the road? Ive had a pinion bearing vibrate,,but it was noisy and it leaked fluid around it
Old 09-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

No it vibrated when i let off the gas and goes away when i press the gas. I have heard a clanking noise in the rear when i hit gas hard not sure what that is. I'm asking these questions because I have always wanted a mustang and liked the body style I got. I need a car because of accident when i git it but i think I took on someone's problem lol. I have seen drive shafts on eBay for 70 bucks and I know A.M. has them for 279. I am not so sure if i need or how much I can find a rear end for. Like i said any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #6

Region: Alabama
check your u joints change them out cheap and easy
Eric Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Hopefully it's something simple like a ujoint. However, assuming its an automatic transmission, it could be your torque converter/overdrive acting up when your in overdrive. Especially when you just let off the gas. Ford is very well known for this. Try to figure out exactly where the vibrations are comin from. I had a 1999 with the same problem. Try turning your overdrive off and see if the problem continues.
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
v6 mustang